http://www.poly-choke.com/instruction.htm

You just put blue locktite on your barrel threads and tighten the entire thing onto barrel all the way. It should have come with a little spanner wrench that fits into that small hole. Give it a torque with that spanner wrench.

To setup the choke, tighten it all the way and see which setting is lined up with that spanner wrench hole. That hole is also the setting index. Back it out until it's on slug, and now it's set at cylinder bore/no choke. I can't think of any reason why you would need or want a negative choke.

so is the choke adjusted by how tight its threaded on the barrel? Or once its threaded tight is there external adjustment?

No. The choke tightens onto the barrel with the supplied wrench. Once it's tight, it is easy to adjust the polychoke to different choke settings by hand. The polychoke is a 2-piece device. The "top part", (which allows you to adjust to different choke settings), threads onto the "bottom part", (this is the part which threads onto the barrel.

I hope I explained that well enough. :unsure:

The base of the Polychoke threads onto the Saiga barrel and is tightened with the supplied wrench. I used Blue Loctite when I installed mine. The threaded barrel end with the fingers STAYS on the barrel. You DO NOT remove it when you clean the choke. You unscrew the shrouded end and clean that part removed. The end that stays on the barrel is cleaned ON THE BARREL If you use blue Loctite you will be able to break it loose if you want to remove it, just heat it with a propane torch if necessary. Snug the base on to the barrel as tight as you can. The barrel will get plenty hot if you shoot at a rapid pace. On most Shotguns with a Polychoke the barrel end is Silver solderer onto the barrel by Polychoke, your lucky because the Saiga comes with a threaded barrel.

Get some HI TEMP grease and rub it on the sleeves(petals) of the polychoke, it will make adjustment and cleaning very easy. A coat inside the shroud will also make cleaning easier.

I don't think there's any reason to use the Loctite. The PolyChoke snugs down really tight on the barrel (unless you have altered the threads in some way). After the barrel gets heat cycled from a couple hundred rounds at the range the blue Loctite is compromised anyway.