Molot Vepr 12.

Molot Vepr 12 being used at the World Shotgun Championship in CZ by German top shooter Dirk Frey. Note the easy reloading 15 round mag !!

He makes custom Velpers :

[edited]

Cool video, and website, (that I can't read, as it's in German), but, of course, we can't buy Molot Vepr-12's over here.

Why must you taunt us so?! :cryss:

:D

Molot Vepr 12 being used at the World Shotgun Championship in CZ by German top shooter Dirk Frey. Note the easy reloading 15 round mag !!

[edited]

Cool video, and website, (that I can't read, as it's in German), but, of course, we can't buy Molot Vepr-12's over here.

No need to feel left out. Translation follows....

"EXCLUSIVE IPSC Molot - is the best weapon designed only to open class IPSC, works perfectly with soft sports ammunition (that's German for wallyworld bird shot) -WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE - is weight-and 4-fold by the German champions built IPSC gun and Vice Champion. Shipping least 6 -8 weeks!

PolyChoke II, Kimmer & seeds removed completely & Weaver rail removed, weight optimized on the hand guard holder, forearm completely without stippled & Weaver, OKO is mounted on the gas tube, rear sight removed completely, completely polished chamber entrance, jets enlarged and optimized, magazine catch, the best (except the center) is placed, enlarged ejection port, firing pin completely reworked (with length of travel shortened and aperature widened) drafted deburred & trigger guard, light - more completely stippled pistol grip, automatic. dust cowl removed completely revised system, chrome plated buckle, Saftey accessible from right and left, completely redesigned FCG(Carrier rails, trigger weight, trigger stop, hammer weight), sling swivels away, perfectly straight stock installed (not foldable!) & Optimally extended lock (depending on body size), Pachmayr cap with SLIP effect, back support, 4x 10er Magazine, 1x 15er Magazine (on 10 shots in BRD), 4x Kydex magazine pouches, safety flag, carrying case (lockable), cleaning cloth, detailed description, certificate.

Euro 3,500 (about US$ 5,000)"

Gee, makes my $1,500 S12 custom restoration seem like a bargain!

WS

Edited by MCASSgt New River

The Saiga shot the stage in 35 seconds. The Molot was faster. The Molot shooter was faster. Our own Jack Travers with his Saiga would beat them both. Jack's friend Dean Makos would crush them.

It's not about the Molot, it's about the mag well, the extended mag release, and....

The recoil reduction device. Jack uses barrel porting. So does Tromix.

And of course, a guy who can pull the trigger.

The Saiga shot the stage in 35 seconds. The Molot was faster. The Molot shooter was faster. Our own Jack Travers with his Saiga would beat them both. Jack's friend Dean Makos would crush them.

It's not about the Molot, it's about the mag well, the extended mag release, and....

Yeah, that's how it looked to me as well.. looked like the kraut won by ~5 sec. I guess I was hoping someone would tell me different, (since I'm not familiar with this event and I could've been mistaken). I think the shooter made the biggest difference here, as the guy using the Saiga paused a couple times, (not while reloading), where the Molot guy did not, which cost Saiga guy a few seconds.

edit: just noticed you're from Melbourne, FL, oldandslow. I grew up in Melbourne Beach and graduated from MHS. It's a beautiful area. I miss the beach sometimes.. but I sure as hell don't miss the humidity.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Non of the American competitors turn up for the event due to i understand change of Country/venue late in the day ......

however the 2010 World Championships are being held in the USA so were all get to see Molot V Saigas in what could be the biggest gathering of Open Class shooters with box fed guns.

The non American's will be allowed to bring over their guns on a special import licence.

I cant wait to take on my friend Alex Wakal .......... Note to self - PRACTIC RELOADING FAST.

Yeah, that's how it looked to me as well.. looked like the kraut won by ~5 sec. I guess I was hoping someone would tell me different, (since I'm not familiar with this event and I could've been mistaken). I think the shooter made the biggest difference here, as the guy using the Saiga paused a couple times, (not while reloading), where the Molot guy did not, which cost Saiga guy a few seconds.

edit: just noticed you're from Melbourne, FL, oldandslow. I grew up in Melbourne Beach and graduated from MHS. It's a beautiful area. I miss the beach sometimes.. but I sure as hell don't miss the humidity.

My Saiga has no brake or ports in barrel, and to crown all I broke my Kobra so I had to replace it with ProPoint and it was very different to shoot cos I didn't seen through it similarly like Kobra.

My Saiga has no brake or ports in barrel, and to crown all I broke my Kobra so I had to replace it with ProPoint and it was very different to shoot cos I didn't seen through it similarly like Kobra.

Understood, man. You may not have won, but your performance in that video looked pretty good.. a lot faster than I would have managed with my current gun, (and mags).

Non of the American competitors turn up for the event due to i understand change of Country/venue late in the day ......

however the 2010 World Championships are being held in the USA so were all get to see Molot V Saigas in what could be the biggest gathering of Open Class shooters with box fed guns.

The non American's will be allowed to bring over their guns on a special import licence.

I cant wait to take on my friend Alex Wakal .......... Note to self - PRACTIC RELOADING FAST.

It's Pan-American Shotgun Championship, not the WS (World Shoot)

[edited]

I clicked on their "Hosen" link on the left side of the page, but alas, was not what I expected from a European web site.

[edited]

I clicked on their "Hosen" link on the left side of the page, but alas, was not what I expected from a European web site.

Ja, nun... Was erwartest du denn von einem europaeischen Website mein Lieber? Schwartze Lederhosen mit Stahlknupfen vielleicht?

Sag mal!

Mit besten Gruessen,

Waffenschmied

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehehehe :D :D :D

Internet takes everything...

I asked everyone here who try to beat Vaclav Vinduska...

No one US tried it...

Edited by ufo

Interesting...I'm looking forward to seeing those :)

Of course, I'm also looking forward to seeing the Euro guys playing with the grown-ups...after all, we send our hand-feeder shotgun guys over to Europe where they lay waste to everyone (laughs)

...then again, there is that little French fruit in Open/Pistol, but we don't talk about him :D

Inside jokes for the IPSC crowd. The US has 16,000 shooters. The rest of the world combined has about the same. At the last (pistol) World Shoot, the US won pretty much everything except first in Open, including Modified (which we don't even have in the US) ;)

I need to practice, too...Jack Travers has never beat me in a match and I don't want to start letting him. Dean Markos has beat me by a bit at the Nationals, but I wore him out on the big shotgun stage so... (where is that "thpppth" icon...?)

Alex

Edited by Wakal

Fine ;) We will see after WorldShoot(shotgun/rifle)... :killer:

'' A miss is a physical mistake caused by a mental error. OK and double miss? ''

There has not been such venue yet. I look forward to see WS Rifle and Shotgun match.

Maybe I'm senior when those matches appear in IPSC calendar. :)

Saiga Members,

Many of you may see that your post has been edited. The reason for he edit was ONLY to remove a Non-Business Member link that was in the OP and subsequently every post that was QUOTED off this.

Please feel free to PM me or read the forum rules for further details.

Thanks,

MCASSgt New River

Should be fun :)

Taran Butler (Limited and Tactical USPSA 3-Gun national champ) is trying for the triple crown this year, as he has switched to Open.

He is running a Dreadnaught Industries Saiga-12, short gas with a mid-barrel brake and prototype straight-in mag well system. He started with a Tromix and sent it back. Then he got a JT, and send it back. Now he has a DI (and a new JT), and likes the DI a lot better.

I hope he wins :D

Alex

I got one of the midbarrel brakes but with the short gas system what would be the port size and how many to run low brass? Also how far down would be idea to put the mid-brake? I'm not going to shorten the gas system my self but would like a ruff idea what the best set up would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Taran took fourth (sigh)...he would have done better had he listened to us when we told him that lashing two mags together looked cool, but the top round on the "extra" mag would work its way out and preclude a reload...

Still, his Dreadnaught Industries gun will be featured on Shooting USA :)

Comp install...usually three inches forward of the gas ports, fifteen 1/8" holes per side in three rows on .250 centers. We tune the gas ports for each gun...usually we have to open them up two or three letter drill sizes ;)

Alex

Taran took fourth (sigh)...he would have done better had he listened to us when we told him that lashing two mags together looked cool, but the top round on the "extra" mag would work its way out and preclude a reload...

Still, his Dreadnaught Industries gun will be featured on Shooting USA :)

Comp install...usually three inches forward of the gas ports, fifteen 1/8" holes per side in three rows on .250 centers. We tune the gas ports for each gun...usually we have to open them up two or three letter drill sizes ;)

Alex

Alex, let me know if you have the air date for that episode.