Guy in Boise robs a bank armed with paper?

So if he didn't claim to have a weapon, at least he avoided being charged with ARMED robbery, I guess. That can create a weird legal doohickey, if "asking" someone for money can be considered "demanding" money or robbing someone. Who's to say that if they say "no" he wouldn't walk away?? If you politely ask a stranger for money and they give you money, have they been robbed or are they just a sucker or are they just nice?

Just being a devils advocate here.

Are beggars constantly in an "attempted robbery" state of existence?

Most banks policy is to hand over the money, regardless of what the person does or doesn't have. We had a couple of teenage girls rob a bank a few years ago. They asked for money, giggling the whole time. They were soon caught.

:ded:

I understand banks have set policies on robberies, but you'd think they would leave a little leeway for common sense to be used by the teller.............like when dealing with unarmed, laughing, teenage girls.

Didn't we have a story not to long ago about a male teller that actually chased down a bank robber and restrained him till police got there? He got fired........they rather have them give the money up, rather than endanger innocent bystanders and employees. Besides it's insured. I say give up the cash, but try and get as much info and intel to the proper authorities, and let them handle it.

HUZZAH!!!

Edited by Gothmog

Most banks policy is to hand over the money, regardless of what the person does or doesn't have. We had a couple of teenage girls rob a bank a few years ago. They asked for money, giggling the whole time. They were soon caught.

I understand banks have set policies on robberies, but you'd think they would leave a little leeway for common sense to be used by the teller.............like when dealing with unarmed, laughing, teenage girls.

Common sense?! What are you, some kind of domestic terrorist? :rolleyes:

He may well have had a gun, actually. The Idaho Statesman, I'm noticing lately, tends to leave out material information like that sometimes.

This is actually how most bank robberies seem to be committed lately.

I see reports like this more often than reports that state that a weapon was seen.

Takeover robberies are exceedingly rare.

As a side note, tellers, at least at B of A, get a $250.00 reward if they can slip a GPS pack or dye pack in with the loot.

Bank tellers don't get paid much, so they probably don't really care that the bank is being robbed, except for the type of guys like the one mentioned above with rescue fantasies.

The note was actually just a printout of one of those chain emails that stated to give the robber money to release the $10,000,000 of funds from that dead rich guy in Zimbabwe with no relatives!

Poor bank teller didn't see that it was a hoax in time.

Common sense?! What are you, some kind of domestic terrorist? :rolleyes:

He may well have had a gun, actually. The Idaho Statesman, I'm noticing lately, tends to leave out material information like that sometimes.

I was referring directly to the bank "robbery" by the teenage girls who were giggling the whole time.