I like Arizona's attitude toward guns and while this seems like a good thing, and I guess it is, with all the stipulations and "but only if's" "exept when's" how in the hell is a person supposed to really know if you are doing something illegal? Does the sign have to be so big? What if the "No guns" sign falls down? Does this apply to open carry? AGHHH!!!

EDIT: As I read the article more carefully, some of my questions were answered but it still seems very convoluted. In general I have to say good for Arizona for making another step in the right direction.

My link

Edited by DogMan

I think it is a great idea in the fact that I can carry into a restaurant that serves alcohol. I don't think it is the best idea to introduce guns into a bar/club atmosphere, but it will be up to the establishment to decide if they want firearms or not, which is a big plus considering the fact that in the past they have made it so businesses have to have a separate room and ventilation system for smoking sections. I am glad that the man is not interfering too much with this and is leaving it to the owners discretion. It will be a true test for gun owners to see if they follow the laws, that will not be closely monitored. And very easy for the not so conscientious gun owners to make the rest of us look bad. I have a feeling there will be an incident or two and hope that examples are made and the penalty is extremely tough.

I have already seen quite a few sign posted stating no guns and a picture of a bastardized version of a 1911 and a Beretta 92's love child with a slash through it. Today is the day, and it should be quite interesting. The only way I will carry into a bar will be if I can completely conceal the weapon and no one knows I have it. Even people that are not carrying will have access to these guns if we are all not careful.

One of my hobbies is playing bass in a club band. You can bet yer azz the bass player will be CCW. Probably have a back-up AK in a bass case.

Last New Years eve I subbed in a band that played for the grand opening of a biker HQ. Of course at that event it was open carry. Lots of open carry.

I agree with the poster above that there will probably be an incident or two and probably soon. This IS the wild, wild west, after all. Hell we already have firearms incidents in bars, most usually outside the door at strip joints.

I anticipate virtually every bar & restaurant posting NGA signs. Not that people in the desert let a little sign tell them what to do. It hasn't worked with photo enforcement (legalized theft but that's another issue)even when there's a sign right before the trap, so what makes anyone think an obscure sign will prevent CCW in an establishment.

I'm going to need to go club-hopping tonight to celebrate. Damn, if I do that I can't drink.

Oh, I get it: drink or CCW...drink or CCW...drink and leave it in the truck.

Hey I just thought of a new moniker for one of the group: Designated CCW

It's very simple.

You can ONLY CCW into an establishment that serves alcohol.

You cannot drink and carry.

If a NFA sign is posted then you cannot carry.

I do not drink and I am tempted to started that Designated CCW/driver business lol. Would be a great way to meet some more people and get paid.

Sure why would you need to carry in a bar. No one every holds up a bar at gun point. In fact how needs guns anyhow? I wish states would just punish people that screw up and not treat everyone like pets... :rolleyes:

Its not just bars. Its any establishment that serves alcohol.

Sure why would you need to carry in a bar. No one every holds up a bar at gun point. In fact how needs guns anyhow? I wish states would just punish people that screw up and not treat everyone like pets... :rolleyes:

WOW that's even better looks like MikeyD's will be the only safe place to eat. CCDW is different from state to state KY has one of the best I wouldn't think AZ would put such a restriction on it's law abiding citizens :unsure:

WOW that's even better looks like MikeyD's will be the only safe place to eat. CCDW is different from state to state KY has one of the best I wouldn't think AZ would put such a restriction on it's law abiding citizens :unsure:

Put such a restriction?? Maybe you misread. You're now being allowed to carry into more businesses not less. You have never been able to open carry into an establishment that serves alcohol in AZ.

Put such a restriction?? Maybe you misread. You're now being allowed to carry into more businesses not less. You have never been able to open carry into an establishment that serves alcohol in AZ.

My bad I see it now.

Considering how pro-second amendment AZ is I find it weird that they have(had) laws restricting carry in restaurants. As restrictive as NY state is we have no restrictions other than federal buildings, courts, and so on.

RalphXL

Good deal for AZ!!! Here in Montana you can not CCW in an establishment that serves alcohol for consumption on the premises. You can, however, open carry in such locations if the individual establishment does not forbid it. So we have less restriction on open carry than we do on CCW. We can even have a loaded weapon in the car with us as long as it is in plain sight, which any eagle eyed cop who has "spotted" contriband under a seat, yet somehow "in plain sight" can tell you, is pretty much any where in your car where it can be seen by unaided observation. Police are well trained to spot bad stuff, so just to keep on the up and up, I use the ol gun rack in the window. Police are much happier when they can see it clearly.

I'm not sure I would open carry in a bar though, too crowded, to easy for a drunk to be tempted to try and grab it and such. Concealed would be more comfortable to me.

For those bars and establishments in Arizona that will allow guns under this new law I think it would be a good thing for them to put up their own signs stating their "acceptance" of concealed weapons. Then it might be interesting to watch the statistics on which of the establishments (pro or anti-gun) have the most calls to 911 regarding bar fights, robberies, and other crime.