Well it all started innocently enough as me having to rummage through a back room at my union hall during a class. One of the things that caught my eye was a trash can about 1/3 full of unopened beer cans. My reaction? "Sweet, BEER!" my training coordinator overheard and chimed in "those are leftover from the chrismas party... you can have them"

I knew exacly what to do, and dumped the beer in the bed of my truck.

Yesterday was the First (hopefully annual) Redneck Skeet shoot! We had 4 people with shotguns lined up and one or 2 throwers at a time. In all the excitement I didn't grab my camera, I apologize. But there were some people with camera phones taking pics, and videos so maybe i can have a lower quality offering at least.

Still what a great time, I had my S-12 out and was trying to dump a full 10 round mag into a shaken 11 month old beer befor it hit the ground. All the guns were passed around so everyone got to try out all of the offerings we had. One of my friends from Ft Drum was in the area and i was happy to have him in attendance to send him off right as he has orders to afganistan on tuesday. I'm sure the loose trigger time was theraputic for all involved accualy.

The only down side is the whole backyard reeks of stale beer now...

That sounds like it was a fantastic time! I hope you do get to post some pics of it, low quality or not. It's always fun to see people shooting things!

Glad that you could have your friend there from Ft. Drum. I agree that the whole experience was probably a great therapeutic session for him.

Wonderful idea. Wish I could have taken part...and shooting at shaken beer cans beats my computer monitor idea except I would probably have to drink some.

While some beer can be aged, I don't believe the room i found them in was the proper temperature to do this properly... :unsure:

and frankly the idea of drinking 11 month old(I checked the born on date!) buweiser, and labatt blue cans... well... just no.

there was much newer and much colder beer in the fridge :up:

actually, you are supposed to do it in the spring, it helps aerate the root system.....and slugs HATE beer....so if you have a garden with a slug problem (especially brussels sprouts and lettuce and shit like that) beer is the best thing for that infestation, as well.

Well this is all i could find for footage of the event that was any good...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3Ajw2ff40[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEaPlg2yXE[/YOUTUBE]

sorry its so poor quality, and sorry i forgot to grab my camera...

There was a lot of the fun that just simply wasn't documented... My favorite ones were of 4 people lined up on 2 thrown cans... A benneli, A saiga, A 870, and a 500... Maybe if i get a free minute i'll fish around for some of the leftover scraps of the cans... It rained today and it dosn't smell anymore! :smoke:

• Like 1

Have'n fun in the sun, shoot'n beer with everyone,

What's next in the backyard?

All I got was a call, " Pat, grab a shotgun and get over here." Knowing Nailbomb, how do I argue?

That was fun, I needed that. The Blues I couldn't shoot, but the Buds died a hard death.

Hey, Hey, Hey it was my Mossberg 3000. I don't own a 500.

Edited by akastormi

Have'n fun in the sun, shoot'n beer with everyone,

What's next in the backyard?

All I got was a call, " Pat, grab a shotgun and get over here." Knowing Nailbomb, how do I argue?

That was fun, I needed that. The Blues I couldn't shoot, but the Buds died a hard death.

Hey, Hey, Hey it was my Mossberg 3000. I don't own a 500.

I stand corrected... I wasn't aware mossberg made a 3000...

It is a nice gun, I love a hard chromed bolt. Wood was nice too...

Also, i got a call from Joe right befor he got on the plane to afgan today, he was still really thankful for the chance to partake. I was just glad to have him there for it.

Good time for all involved.

Edited by Nailbomb

Nailbomb, I was gonna post that you'd have a helluva lot more fun if you moved to one of the free-er states, (mag, barrel, stock options, oh my!), but I realized that you do a lot more good for the cause right where you're at. Up in NY, I'm sure that there are a lot more ignorant but reasonable folk who could be converted to the cause of freedom by a simple political discussion over a few dozen shells. :up:

Nailbomb, I was gonna post that you'd have a helluva lot more fun if you moved to one of the free-er states, (mag, barrel, stock options, oh my!), but I realized that you do a lot more good for the cause right where you're at. Up in NY, I'm sure that there are a lot more ignorant but reasonable folk who could be converted to the cause of freedom by a simple political discussion over a few dozen shells. :up:

Awww, thanks man.

Geez this place is getting all sentimental on me...