Have some pictures, manufacture, something more then "slugs that are rifled"? That would realy help

Both Brenneke and Foster type slugs look like thay have a rifling on them. Should be fine in your shotgun. If you're using a sabot round you then you need a rifled barrel to stabilze it.

Have some pictures, manufacture, something more then "slugs that are rifled"? That would realy help

Both Brenneke and Foster type slugs look like thay have a rifling on them. Should be fine in your shotgun. If you're using a sabot round you then you need a rifled barrel to stabilze it.

Sounds downright dangerous. You better send them to me so I can safety test them for you. ;)

Look guys,

FOSTER slugs like this:post-6253-12555514243196.jpg

have rifling on them that does not engage the barrel, the rifling (or more accurately "fins") help impart spin to the slug due to air resistance once the shotcup is discarded. They are made for smoothbore shotguns.

SABOT slugs like this: post-6253-12555514386788.jpg

are meant to be used in a rifled barrel. The sabot DOES engage the rifling in the barrel in order to impart spin.

While many here will tell you that sabot slugs can be fired from a smoothbore, albeit at a considerable loss of accuracy, I would not recommend it. Depending on the type of choke you have things could get a bit tight at the muzzle. Theoretically, you should be able to safely fire them from a cylinder bore but again, I'm not sure why you would want to.

SO,

Foster slugs=smoothbore

Sabot slugs=Rifled barrel

• Like 2

Don't bother with the Sabots, I tried some at 30yrds and while I hit paper, the group was huge. The rifled slugs got me to a 3" group with one flyer(out of 5). More likely me than the gun, lol. And the Sabots cost so much more. I have heard that a rifled choke improves their accuracy but not sure by how much.

Shoot 'em all just mind the choke. The factory manual tells the warnings for your slug choice so read and use your head and blow some huge holes. I was very surprised at the accuracy of the saiga with rifled slugs from fifty yards. I'm going to minnesota next month to hunt deer with my pops, and I told him I wanted to bring my saiga this time. He's an old timer and he didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I could just immagine the look on his face if I showed up with my S-12. I don't think he'd want me in the same blind, so I'll be taking my .243