8 rnd mags...flash hiders...usa parts...etc

i don't mean to rub it in but damn i'm glad i beat the mad rush!!! as i read all these posts about the rabid dogs snatching up the 8 rnd mags and all the hoopla on the flash hiders and what parts can be or need to be switched to be compliant....or where these parts can be found as everyone is out of them....i can't help but chuckle quietly to myself...but i really don't mean to rub it in!!

i got my 8 rounders months prior to the AWB sunset...and had my parts in hand a few days prior to the AWB sunset...did the conversion myself the day after the AWB sunset....and jumped on the flash hider that johnny whipped up as soon as i could...i'd hate to be one of you guys right now, feverishly looking for these parts and either not being able to find them or having to pay inflated prices for the ones i could find....

BTW: i shot in a 3 gun competition this past saturday and came in 1st in my division and 2nd overall using my saiga 12 and large supply of 8 round magazines....again not trying to rub it in ....but maybe motivate some of you guys to get off your asses and get it done .....maybe we can shoot a match together some time...

WHEW!!!.....glad i jumped on the bandwagon early...

post-46-1110823721_thumb.jpg

Yep im glad I got my S12C LEO for $450 right after theAWB sunset. :lolol:

FREE

i don't mean to rub it in but damn i'm glad i beat the mad rush!!! as i read all these posts about the rabid dogs snatching up the 8 rnd mags and all the hoopla on the flash hiders and what parts can be or need to be switched to be compliant....or where these parts can be found as everyone is out of them....i can't help but chuckle quietly to myself...but i really don't mean to rub it in!!

i got my 8 rounders months prior to the AWB sunset...and had my parts in hand a few days prior to the AWB sunset...did the conversion myself the day after the AWB sunset....and jumped on the flash hider that johnny whipped up as soon as i could...i'd hate to be one of you guys right now, feverishly looking for these parts and either not being able to find them or having to pay inflated prices for the ones i could find....

BTW: i shot in a 3 gun competition this past saturday and came in 1st in my division and 2nd overall using my saiga 12 and large supply of 8 round magazines....again not trying to rub it in ....but maybe motivate some of you guys to get off your asses and get it done .....maybe we can shoot a match together some time...

post-998-1110832590_thumb.jpg

BTW: i shot in a 3 gun competition this past saturday and came in 1st in my division and 2nd overall using my saiga 12 and large supply of 8 round magazines....

What's your barrel length and choke situation? And what three guns? I may have to give you a challenge soon as my lil' baby is complete. Let me know please.

Awww, bite me! :smoke:

But seriously, I'm glad some people are getting to enjoy their Saigas in style!

Mick, congrats I hope to see you on Sunday at the Range Eric and I will be there if possible. Also Tom Cole said he would be there also He is working on a "secret weapon" if it's ready he'll be there. If I get the chance today I'll stop and talk to him. I believe there will be 4 or 5 poeple from here in Moyock there. See you. I'm going to pick up my ammo today. Eric and I will have our game faces on.

[What's your barrel length and choke situation?  And what three guns?  I may have to give you a challenge soon as my lil' baby is complete.  Let me know please.

3 guns= shotgun pistol and rifle.....saiga12 - XD9 - AR15

saiga barrel length is 18.5" choke right now is improved cylinder....getting it treaded soon for rem choke tube...modified.

Mick, congrats I hope to see you on Sunday at the Range Eric and I will be there if possible. Also Tom Cole said he would be there also He is working on a "secret weapon" if it's ready he'll be there. If I get the chance today I'll stop and talk to him. I believe there will be 4 or 5 poeple from here in Moyock there. See you. I'm going to pick up my ammo today. Eric and I will have our game faces on.

is there something going on the the range in oxford this weekend?...joe and i are sposed to shoot a 3 gun match in waldorf maryland this sunday....are you coming up too?? i'd like to meet tom and see his creations......if not this weekend then hopefully soon...

The range has one this weekend I did not know about the one in MD at any rate I will be at the range match this time. I just bought some Bushy mags and they really work great (for my AR) Tom Cole of Coles Gun Works is going to be there at least he said he would. He was at the last match this time he has put aim points on his weapons. Eric my son really wants to beat Tom, well good luck. NCRR has a Tac Shotgun math in April.

yeah, johnny mac's flash suppressors have slots to the side and above the midline so gasses are directed upward forcing the muzzle down. either all of them or ones made to order have a closed bottom so there's no dust signature in the prone position. there's no slot on the top so you don't have a jet of fire blinding you at night. very cool indeed!

is there something going on the the range in oxford this weekend?...joe and i are sposed to shoot a 3 gun match in waldorf maryland this sunday....are you coming up too?? i'd like to meet tom and see his creations......if not this weekend then hopefully soon...

where in waldorf? heck, thats right across the river from me.

Mick,

Do you know if they put the saiga in open (do they consider the mags to be "speedloaders")?

Just curious.

-K

i'm sure i'll find out as soon as i get up there....i wouldn't be surprised if they do, but you know i'll be in open class anyway as i have an optic....by the way, you were right about being able to tighten that side mount....it's good and tight now.

thinkin about putting a T6 stock on the saiga, i have one just haven't tried it yet to see how it fits...

ooops what am i thinking....i just read it again and this weekends match is a rifle pistol only match...no shotgun. i'll be sure to ask anyway for future matches up there.....

by the way, you were right about being able to tighten that side mount....it's good and tight now.

huh? what? is there a prob with the side mount?

i have a scope mount with a tasco red dot...it was loose the last time kmoore and i were at the range...he told me to remove a plate on the bottom and tighten the spline....i did and it's good and tight now....guudentite, like a german virgin...

• 2 weeks later...

Mic

How was the match? Eric did great last weekend I however well not as good as I would like to have. But we both improved there is only one person between me and Eric. Also we moved up from last and dead last. Let me know if you know of a match for next weekend. Eric did great I was very proud of him. He is getting good with the AR. Tell you what I did not get the chance to shoot my AR with the Nc Star red dot I just bore sited it and it was dead on target. Making me very happy. I hope you did well at your match. One more thing Eric said hi to you and Joe.

www.ncrr.net is having a tactical shotgun match on April 16. Anyway you and Kenneth, and Joe could make it? Eric and I will be there. :eek: I might just put a red dot on my Saiga too. If I have to be in the open catigory anyway I might as well take advantage of it.

PS Tom Cole and his Krinkov had a tough time competing with the AR's at any kind of range but up close it was a great weapon.

Edited by topmaul

Wow, You guys are really getting good. I'm going to try to get to the range soon for some much needed practice. There is a gun show here on Saturday, I going to try to find a side mount for my Saiga. The AR I'm all set I just want to fine tune my Red dot a little and let Eric have a little quality time with it. He is getting good with the eight rd mags also. And of course he spanks me with the .45 so it's a fun day out with the boys. I talked to a friend of mine who works at Blackwater on Sunday and we might get to go with them during some employee practice time. Well I have to finish cooking dinner. Take care and I hope to see you soon.