Saiga hidden in corner.

Today while at a local gun shop to pick up a used scope I had asked them to hold for me, was looking at the rifle section. I had thought I wanted a 7mm-08 bolt gun,was looking at the 7mm-08 ammo prices, really high in comparison with the 308.

Then I happened to glance in the corner of the floor gun rack , a long barrel Saiga, I grabbed it, it was a mint Saiga 308 used, with a Simmons Red Dot sight mounted on the receiver mounting rack already installed. It looked brand new, and most of all the price!

$399..................

Turns out the dealer had purchased it from an individual on Saturday and had just put it out on display Monday morning.....lucky me! I put it on lay away, I had been looking for an unaltered long barrel 308!

Guess I wont be getting that bolt gun after all....

This would be my second Saiga 308

This thread is uselss without pics!

:haha:

Wish I had a picture to post, the rifle is at the dealers until I get it out of layaway. Here is one I converted, sadly I sold it back in the summer, I spent a lot of time and money for the rifle and converting it, sold it to a person in Wisconsin. It is a great rifle, but in all honestly I like the uncoverted Saigas the best.

005-1-1.jpg

I haven't been in this forum much over the past few months. And yes, I will post a picture of the rifle when I get it.

what rear sight did you use?

If you are referring to the rear sight installed on the Saiga pictures its a Tech sight for a Ruger 10-22 I modified to fit the dustcover on my 308.

Easy installation, think they sell for $55+ shipping, make sure your front sight is compatible. If I installed the Tech sight again, would install it a little bit more forward on the dustcover.

Rugerset.gif

If you are referring to the rear sight installed on the Saiga pictures its a Tech sight for a Ruger 10-22 I modified to fit the dustcover on my 308.

Easy installation, think they sell for $55+ shipping, make sure your front sight is compatible. If I installed the Tech sight again, would install it a little bit more forward on the dustcover.

Rugerset.gif

Looks nice. How did you mount the sight and how do you know if the front sight is compatible?

Looks nice. How did you mount the sight and how do you know if the front sight is compatible?

First off there is no elevation adjustment on the Tech Sight unless you get the accessory peep sight that replaces the standard apertures. It only adjusts for windage.

So all your elevation adjustments are done with your front sight post. My method of seeing the compatibility is adjusting the standard open sights both ways , first measuring point blank range / front sight all way down, then adjusting whatever distant meter reading, front sight all way up.Record the total measurement.

Look up the height of base to aperture on the Tech sight , if its in between your measurement , it should work.

Mine worked fine, my only complaint was the peep opening was large, when sighting through it , the view also included the wings of the front sight, but I had no problems sighting it in for my ammo.

Good luck. I also have used the Mojo, this is much different sight, same in principle but different in location/view.