Hey I don't know how many star gazers we have out there but tonight is supposed to be an excellent show.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/19oct_orionids.htm?list128634

It's actually dark and clear tonight for us in this region. Looking forward to making some wishes on falling stars after a yummy fried chicken (and mashed potatos & gravy) dinner! First real meal I've had in weeks! :super: Awesome!

Yeah the peak was supposed to be this morning but the article says today and tomorrow too. I saw one just taking the dog out earlier. That's what reminded me about the shower being tonite. A friend emailed me about it a couple days ago.

Hey that's cool Doc! Maybe this would be a good time to try it again. We're going to plan on getting out there early before sunup, and see what we can see. Already got some chairs out looking over the pond. It'd be cool to get some reflections of meteors too.

Wow, I wish I'd seen this earlier! In all the years I lived in Houston, we didn't get to see the sky much at night because of all the city lights. When I moved back to NE, It was simply awe-inspiring to be able to see the Milky Way and all the stars bright as can be. How was dinner? Sounds good, nothing like a home cooked meal.

Wow, I wish I'd seen this earlier! In all the years I lived in Houston, we didn't get to see the sky much at night because of all the city lights. When I moved back to NE, It was simply awe-inspiring to be able to see the Milky Way and all the stars bright as can be. How was dinner? Sounds good, nothing like a home cooked meal.

Dinner was awesome! The meteor shower...well.....hmmph! We saw maybe 5? I think maybe we should have been out there earlier. Got outside about 5:00AM and they were few and far between. I did see REAL GOOD one though when I got up about 3:00 to take a whiz. May try again tonite some....

*puts on tattered camo jacket and dogtags*

Once you've seen a meteor shower from the center of the Persian Gulf with no other man-made lights than the flames from the burning oil fields in the distance, there is no other meteor shower to be seen. :smoke:

:rolleyes: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain......... Time to die.

Edited by Azrial

Once you've seen a meteor shower from the center of the Persian Gulf with no other man-made lights than the flames from the burning oil fields in the distance, there is no other meteor shower to be seen. :smoke:

:rolleyes: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain......... Time to die.

Love that movie.

Love that movie.

What movie is that from?

Once you've seen a meteor shower from the center of the Persian Gulf with no other man-made lights than the flames from the burning oil fields in the distance, there is no other meteor shower to be seen. 000.gif

rolleyes.gif I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Love that movie.

What movie is that from?

Blade Runner :D

Just seeing how many folks got it. JanusthePhoenix poetic lament inspired me and I was having some fun!