which gas plug?

21 members have voted

1. 1. What gas plug do you recommend?

• Gunfixer
    • Chaos Quick Cleanout
    • is there an auto-adjust one?

I wanna fire off light target loads and 00 buckshot without having to adjusting the gas plug or beating the hell outa my gun

Me too! I think MD Arms is working on a self regulating setup,

I havent tried the others Im just gonna wait for that one!

I love the idea of loading up a mag with whatever and just shootin!

i have a gunfixer plug on mine, but if you want to shoot light loads and 00buck... I shoot 2 3/4 estate birdshot 2 3/4 winchester universal and 2 3/4 winchester 00 reduced recoil flight control on the same setting (3). Though you may assume that the 00 would be a hotter round due to it having 3x as much brass showing, It allows only marginally more gas into the system, however wont function on 2. I only have to dial the gas back (setting 2 or 1) if im not using reduced recoil, magnum loads, or slugs. If i'm going shooting, i'm generally only using one kind of ammo. Hope that helps.

A self regulating one would be sweet though.

Yeah, Mr Fixr. When is that going on the market? I am very curious to know 1) will it reliably cycle both very heavy and very light loads 2) what will it cost and 3) when can I have one?

I had one of his current model plugs slated for my next round of wasting money upgrade purchasing. It would suck to buy that 3 weeks before he releases a self regulating system.

From the teasers, it sounded like you had to initially set a lower and maybe upper gas setting to your gun and it was automatic after that. That sounds just fine to me.

between a self regulating plug, a magwell, ds mag and/or drum, and I can see no reason to buy any other Shotgun. You get the well balanced quick reloading gun that can handle any load. (crap no 3.5", and no Saiga 10)

I didn't vote in the poll because I don't have either, or really need them badly. My serious question is this: Why would anyone opt for the Chaos plug? The gunfixr has a variety of settings and can be unscrewed in a few seconds with no tools.

The chaos seems like a clever well made plug, but even with my standard OEM plug I can get it out and back in again in under a minute with the wrench or the back of my pocket knife. My gun hasn't gunked up yet, so why can't the cleaning wait until I get home?

Edited by GunFun

Well of course I look forward to a reliable self-regulating system, but I don't see how buying a current Gunfixr's 4-position gas plug could really "suck", under any circumstance. The current model is what's available and it works well, and the self-regulator will be (potentially much) more expensive.

It won't exactly destroy your gun to run a few slugs through on Gunfixr setting 3. If you're too oblivious to realize that you've got it on the wrong setting after a few rounds, you probably shouldn't own a S-12. :D

I use a Gunfixr and Polychoke together, so I'm more than used to considering both settings before firing any type of shell.

If I was shooting just one kind of load and shooting it A WHOLE LOT, I'd go with a Chaos quick cleanout. Say you're busting clays all day long and want to knock the crud out of your gas chamber between rounds.

If you mix it up with low and high brass, and don't mind unscrewing your plug to knock the fouling out, go with a Gunfixer. The adjustability is totally worth it.

I have the Chaos.

I've never had issues cycling anything after break in, and i go through enough ammo that the quick clean feature comes in handy during range trips. especialy so if i didn't clean if from the last one and go through a hew hundred rounds a trip.

Unless your gun is over gassed and your worried about internal damage, what benifit is there to a 3rd gas setting when 2 cycle anything but winchester bulk packs?