I want to install a folding stock on my S12 sometime in the near future but I am not sure which one I want yet. I am probably going to go with the welded plate to mount it so I want to know what my options are. I know there is the Tromix folding stock and the ACE folding stock, but are there any others out there? If you have any pics of them that would be helpful.

I coulda sworn there was a thread just like this I posted in just a couple of days ago....

Well, just like in that one.....I recommend the DPH stock as well. For an easy to install, very well built stock you could probably bash a door in with....it looks great and is made of one piece solid billet aluminum. (heavy duty, not recycled beer cans) I've always had an Ace on my S-12 folder, and replaced it with the DPH. It mounts to an Ace block and/or hinge, and can use Ace recoil pads.

I lost a bunch of pictures of it I had taken, when my HD failed. You can see them here though..... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=40764&view=&hl=widow&fromsearch=1

Of course "that route" is more authentically Russian, (well an imitation of it if you do it yourself), and I can appreciate the cool factor there. :smoke:

Personally, I went the ACE route. I prefer the way the folding mechanism operates, it's more versatile, (stock can be set to fold either way), and above all, it's extremely easy in comparison. The "authentic" Russian set-up is a serious pain in the ass to achieve and imo the pros do not outweigh the cons. Ymmv.