Tan (not FDE) Fixed Stock

I want to go TAN (not Flat Dark Earth) for my x39 Saiga. Tapco makes a TAN T6 and Folder but not a TAN 'Bulgy' fixed-style stock. In NJ alot, so folding/collapsing not an option.

Any ideas. I know paint won't hold well on these parts so it would have to be MFG'd that color.

Kvar I think has this, but its pricey 012.gif compared to Tapco.

I want a MATCHING tan PG, ButtStock, and Forearm (not Galil type).

If Tapco could do all 3 pieces in the TAN I'm sure they'd have a hot seller.

I like the Fusion type forearm and pricing. I like the Tapco fixed buttstock.

Any suggestions...

There are several quality paints on the market that are designed to bond to plastic. I honestly see you as having only one of two possible choices.

1. Paint

2. Keep wishing that they will see things your way.

Besides, if all three parts are not made by the same manufacturer they are not likely to match exactly anyway. Either way, good luck!

I may order the DE stock and matching DE fusion forearm and then try the paint idea.

I wanted to match my existing gas tube and top cover as shown on left anyway. <<<<<<< And I got almost a whole can of paint left.

Of course I could go OD and just redo my tube and cover... hmmm.

what about this one from Kvar? Will it work?

they also have it in warsaw length

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16904&cat=251&page=3

Price: $115.70

Manufacturer: USA

Description:

Four-piece US made stock set, 1.25'' extended NATO length for stamped receivers, Desert Sand color. The lower handguard features stainless steel heat shield. The buttstock is assembled with US made bind free sling swivel and features trap door and compartment for the cleaning kit.

d_949.jpg

All I see when I search there site is NATO length. The WARSAW version is a $$ FOLDER... Now $62 for the PG and Stock isn't that bad..

But I wanted a WARSAW length stock as my rifle case is just fitting in my current stock (which is a bulgy similated folder type)

And thats at less than 13" LOP and only 9 3/4" from rear of receiver to back.

post-8775-12572524756061.jpg

The rifle OAL at this point is 35" and I have about 3" left in my case

Anyone know the "inch" NATO size stock KVar sells???

Doesn't Krylon actually bond to plastic?

Krylon Fusion spay paint does. It's specifically made for use on plastics/polymers. I used it on a .22 stock............and after a couple years of abuse, it's still holding up great. I also used it on a Tango Down PG, and it's still holding up great as well.

Currently my gas tube has hi-temp tan colored paint on it. Hence this whole 'I want sand/tan' topic.

**Will the Krylon FUSION also withstand the heat generated on the 'tube'?? (it says for metal also on the can)

My goal was to match the gas tube, PG, and stock. Just trying to break-up the all-black color scheme.

Krylon Fusion has a 'dirt' color that I liked and for $5/can. I can't see a down side.

I could then get the Intrafuse forearm (black) for $40 and then do the PG I have (black currently) with the paint and maybe be content..... Oh and the mags also....

Of course now the Intrafuse comes in FDE color....

??? Will the Krylon Fusion resist heat from the gas-tube and forearm plastic???

I decided I think to do the top-cover (top) in the 'dirt' color I found, the Intrafuse forearm, and the PG.

I'm going to paint the gas-tube black again and leave the RAILS for the forearm black.

Answer to the heat question would be appreciated.