Who makes a low side mounted scope mount?

I'm afraid I don't know a whole lot about side mounts. But I suspect the reason they're higher is to allow you to remove the dust cover without taking the mount off. Speaking of dust covers....

Tromix makes a rail mounted on the dust cover. It's not side mounted, but you can't get much lower than that, and you can swap out covers quickly if you get a spare.

Corbin

I see there are several side scope mounts that are called low profile, but most don't look all that low. I'm looking for one with a rail that is is low as I can get for a S12. Any recomendations?

Check out this thread and its pics:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=45587&view=&hl=side&fromsearch=1

The K-VAR mount doesn't hug the receiver, but it's pretty low, very solid, and quick detachable.

• Like 1
Note: Yes I know that UTG products are made in china...

Low quality too, I got a couple, they're alright but I wouldn't buy any more.

I got one of these on an AK and it's low, you can take off the top cover but it hits the mount, put some scratches in the top cover.

Oh and to give an idea how it sets, the rail blocks the sights on the AK.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=818

Edited by Coils

I hate to say it, but UTG makes a really nice mount that is extremely low. It sits above the dust cover about 2mm.

Note: Yes I know that UTG products are made in china...

I'm using a UTG mount, and even though it sits VERY close to the dust cover, I've never had any trouble removing the dust cover at all. The mount sits so low that my Bushnell Trophy mounted with low rise rings fits PERFECTLY. I can get a cheekweld on my CAA stock and am able to sight naturally without having to lift my head up.

• 3 weeks later...