Glock owners..........

.......do you use those "grip plugs" to fill that empty cavity?

I read in a thread awhile ago (can't remember if it was GlockTalk or some other random board)......someone said "I don't use them, because if my mag gets stuck, that plug will be blocking the only way I can pull that stuck mag", or something like that.

Any truth to that?

B(.)(.)bies,

From TopGlock.com:

"The small, hallow cavity behind the magazine in the bottom of the grip is left open. This allow for dirt and debris to enter the pistol's frame and possibly interfere with the trigger assembly. Now you can stop that from happening by using one of our Glock plugs. The plug is an essential element to protecting your glock. It serves many purposes, and is an inexpensive upgrade to your Glock pistol.

The plug aids in guiding a magazine into the well, decreasing the time required for those crucial magazine changes. The plug assures your magazine will not get caught up in the bottom rear of the magazine well.

The open cavity allows dust, dirt, snow, water, or any other foreign debris to enter you Glock and make its way up to the trigger assembly and firing pin. Interference in this area will affect your shooting."

I don't use one in my 27 so I don't know if they obstruct stuck magazine removal. I'll probably pick one up and give it a try. I've never had a stuck magazine, so I'm not too concerned.

Glock Plugs @ TopGlock.com

Regards,

Sapper

I own a couple of Glocks, shoot them frequently, and don't see a need to plug the holes unless you need a handy place to keep extra AAA batteries or store your chewing gum.

WS

This comes straight from the Glock Armorers School, the hole was designed as a drain plug/channel if the gun were submerged in water and aides in draining quickly. That's what we were told so I'll go with it until I hear otherwise. I don't think it will make any difference with a stuck mag as you could tap it from the top if you remove the upper. I haven't tried yet, but I think it could be done based on other experiments I've done. The plug does help debris from getting into the trigger housing of the Glock.

I don't think I've ever had a stuck mag in a Glock, I had a plug on one that I bought used but I've never bought one to put on any of my other Glocks. Between the one with the plug and one without (both G20s) my mag changes were neither slower nor faster. as far as dust and dirt getting in to your Glock, I wouldn't make a practice of not cleaning your weapon but the Glock (of course this is my opinion so be ready for nay sayers( although I doubt they've ever done a Glock torture test)) is the AK of the pistol world. So in my opinion no plug needed, just another way to make a buck for the gazillion producers of Glock products.

I use the Seattle Slug in mine, I like it and use it with a pistol lanyard.

I think that it does keep debris out of the action and I have talked to folks at Glock recently that have stated the same thing.

Azrial, I had to look up "Seattle Slug", because I hadn't heard of it before. Do you feel it aids in quick mag changes, or no?

Some, it is not the change that you could expect from one of the dedicated replacement mag wells though, but I think that for the most part they cross over from Street to Competition! Just my 2 cents! :D

Azrial, I had to look up "Seattle Slug", because I hadn't heard of it before. Do you feel it aids in quick mag changes, or no?

Some, it is not the change that you could expect from one of the dedicated replacement mag wells though, but I think that for the most part they cross over from Street to Competition! Just my 2 cents! :D

Thanks for the info.

I actually just talked to a friend, and I asked him about the "Seattle Slug", and says he's got one too. I'll get to try it out in the near future.

I own a couple of Glocks, shoot them frequently, and don't see a need to plug the holes unless you need a handy place to keep extra AAA batteries or store your chewing gum.

I don't know. I think it makes the Glock look more "finished" when viewed from the bottom. :unsure: