20 rd factory stick magazines

HOLY CRAP you have to be joking..... the 10 rounders are too long for my person tastes (eventhough I own and use them) the 13rounders are so long they're breaking the lips due to hard recoil and the weight they're holding out there in mid-air....

there is NO WAY one of those could be easy to manuever... just too long and 'gangly', hell its almost as long as the gun, and has to be longer than one of Tony's 8" versions....

I'm just in absolute SHOCK, if you want that many rounds and want to develope a mag to hold it, go drum or stack mag.... that thing would get hung on every corner you tried to manuever around in a force-on-force situation.... I'm just in awe of that... HOLY CRAP

HOLY CRAP you have to be joking..... the 10 rounders are too long for my person tastes (eventhough I own and use them) the 13rounders are so long they're breaking the lips due to hard recoil and the weight they're holding out there in mid-air....

there is NO WAY one of those could be easy to manuever... just too long and 'gangly', hell its almost as long as the gun, and has to be longer than one of Tony's 8" versions....

I'm just in absolute SHOCK, if you want that many rounds and want to develope a mag to hold it, go drum or stack mag.... that thing would get hung on every corner you tried to manuever around in a force-on-force situation.... I'm just in awe of that... HOLY CRAP

To me a 20 round stick mag would definitely seem to be way too long to be practical for serious social work like home-defense, but in an IPSC shooting competition where the shooter is outdoors and there is plenty of room to maneuver I don't think it would be an issue. A 20 round drum would give the same capacity while being a lot shorter, but a 20 round stick mag, even though it is very long, would probably make for just a bit faster mag change, since it's easier to grab ahold of and manipulate a stick mag than a drum, and competitive shooters like to save every fraction of a second that they can during a mag change. So in competitive shooting at least I think these long stick mags have a role to serve. The price is pretty extreme though, and not the kind of money I would be willing to spend on a stick mag, but then I don't shoot competitively either.

The P in IPSC used to mean Pactical. Apparently anything goes in IPSC today. How will this be practical?

Sometimes IPSC shooters have exotic guns built and forget their practicality to enhance their shooting game.

I used to shoot in 1979-80 before the exotic guns came on the scene and modifications back then were accurizing the pistol, adding better sights or an ambidextrous safety or the longer safety for their .45s.

Some of the shooters were police officers who used their service guns and one highway patrolman used his S&W Model 19 revolver to compete against the auto pistols.

ok.. lets go skeet shooting with the mag with the wheel... that would be interesting... I'd rather use a 20-30 round drum than such a long mag... why not have a double stack mag... it would much more practical than such a long mag... the technology for double stack has been around for a long time... just make it big enough for 12 guage... or atleast .20 or .410... that'd be cool...

actually, from the standpoint of a doublestack, it is ALOT harder than you think, I have looked into it.

you have to have a channel for the rim on the back of the shell, and that causes issues when you start staggering rounds, they twist and jam....

not sayin it can't be done (please someone figure it out) but it sure as hell aint easy

The wheel mount is ingenious. Put another wheel for a wheeled tripod and you could carry the belt feed around too!

Speaking of tripods, I looked at getting one of those wheels for my "gun" but it would not fit through my fly.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjöld