Saiga 223 for $319

I was at the Chantilly VA gun show yesterday and saw a dealer selling Saiga 223's (and Saiga 12's for $449) for $319. Lowest price i have seen in a looong time.

Should i go back today (pay entrance fee of $12) and buy one, or wait until the next show in February to pick one up even cheaper? :dollar:

Edited by doodi1

Thanks guys.

I should get going then! :killer:

Let me guess, Dark Sun?

Yup! :super: Picked it up for $337 out the door. Now i need a MSA adapter and my buddy Cobra 7.62 to get me all set-up! I need to get me some black bulgy 5.56 mags. Anyone know a good place to pick up some of them?

To me, that sounds like as sweet a deal as you are going to get. Gun stores in MD. are still getting about 600 for the shotguns and I bought a 7.62 x39 for about 450 a few months ago.

Thats because MD sucks. To counter people from getting better deals on the internet, a lot of FFLs charge 50-100 bucks for transfers.

Thanks guys.

Let me guess, Dark Sun?

Yup! :super: Picked it up for $337 out the door. Now i need a MSA adapter and my buddy Cobra 7.62 to get me all set-up! I need to get me some black bulgy 5.56 mags. Anyone know a good place to pick up some of them?

K-var has the black 556 mags on sale right now. I don't think you will find them for cheaper than $24.99.

Thanks guys.

Let me guess, Dark Sun?

I THINK I saw some at the show. Email clipsrus@hotmail.com, they were at the show, that one big magazine vendor in the back. I picked up a couple SureFire 223 magazines from them for $26 each. I keep thinking I should have gone back and gotten more but I'll wait.

Got in touch with K-Var today and bought a bunch of mags. BigSal Thanks for the heads-up on the sale. :smoke:

Cool, glad I could steer you in the right direction. I need to pick up a few for my slr106, so I'm in the same boat! Enjoy the saiga man!

Thanks guys.

Let me guess, Dark Sun?

K-var has the black 556 mags on sale right now. I don't think you will find them for cheaper than $24.99.

Yeah, that is a good "current" price on them, but I really think that those new Bulgarian .223's will come down to the $15 (maybe even close to $10 on sale) each range when the Obama buying frenzy finally settles down.

If you think about it, these are new eastern bloc factory mags being imported by the 10's or even 100's of thousands. These retailers are making a KILLING on the mark up right now, somehow claiming that they are "rare" when the damn things are all over the place for sale.

Kind of reminds of property prices (rental and sales) in southern California. The property owners kept prices artificially high by keeping the fallacy that housing was scarce and most of the idiots (sheep) bought the lie. Even though you could drive up and down every street in any town and see nothing but "for rent" and "for sale" signs everywhere for units and housing sitting vacant due to the high prices and lack of people to fill them. Most of the people who argue against this fact I laid out claim that property owners couldn't afford to leave units vacant like that. But what they aren't considering is that when they are charging 3 and even 4 times the rent that a unit is worth, they can only have half occupancy and still be making more than double their cost in profit each month. So yes, when things get that out of hand, they can "afford" to hold out for higher rent/prices.

I've worked in retail and was part of setting prices, and I would be willing to bet that this most likely applies to the current .223 mags as well...

From what I have read, a bullet guide needs to be installed on the Saiga to use military AK 223 mags plus depending on the mags, they also need to be slightly modified. Am i right or wrong on this?

Can you still use the Saiga mags after installing the bullet guide?

Yes you will need a bullet guide for the military mags, but it should not interfere with the use of the Surefire mags. Although once you have your bullet guide and the mods to your mag catch, you should be using the military mags as opposed to the Surefires (again assuming you do have the correct number of American parts on your rifle). The black Arsenal mags have all sorts of metal reinforecements and are nearly indestructible. Besides i am goint to get one of Cobra 7.62's LRBHO so i don't need the Surefire follower to get in the way.

My plan is a complete de-neutering of my 223 along with Ultimak gas tube and rail hang guard. G2 trigger group and the new e-tac muzzle break. I am counting 7 American part on my gun so i should be able to use the bulgy mags without running into compliance issues. :ph34r:

Thanks guys.

Let me guess, Dark Sun?

Yeah, that is a good "current" price on them, but I really think that those new Bulgarian .223's will come down to the $15 (maybe even close to $10 on sale) each range when the Obama buying frenzy finally settles down.

If you think about it, these are new eastern bloc factory mags being imported by the 10's or even 100's of thousands. These retailers are making a KILLING on the mark up right now, somehow claiming that they are "rare" when the damn things are all over the place for sale.

Kind of reminds of property prices (rental and sales) in southern California. The property owners kept prices artificially high by keeping the fallacy that housing was scarce and most of the idiots (sheep) bought the lie. Even though you could drive up and down every street in any town and see nothing but "for rent" and "for sale" signs everywhere for units and housing sitting vacant due to the high prices and lack of people to fill them. Most of the people who argue against this fact I laid out claim that property owners couldn't afford to leave units vacant like that. But what they aren't considering is that when they are charging 3 and even 4 times the rent that a unit is worth, they can only have half occupancy and still be making more than double their cost in profit each month. So yes, when things get that out of hand, they can "afford" to hold out for higher rent/prices.

I've worked in retail and was part of setting prices, and I would be willing to bet that this most likely applies to the current .223 mags as well...

Well remember the circle-10 magazines in 223 are new production, not surplus. The price is basically set by the manufacturer and their cartel partners in Nevada. I suspect $20-25 will be the price for these going into the future.

In other words, now IS the time to buy.