Rail covers keep sliding!

Just wondering wat yall do to stop your rail covers (UTG rubber) from sliding.. Driving me crazy on my 7.62 having to push them back into position every few mags.. Thought of a few ways I could stop it but thought I'd ask around since generally someones come up with a better idea than mine. Tried to see if theres just a sort of low pro stopper I could stick on it but I couldn't fin any.

edit: also open to any suggestions on rail covers with built in crud to keep them from sliding

Edited by volkov

Try these....

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4367-L4&storeid=1&image=lolock.gif&CFID=39866130&CFTOKEN=80667376

or...

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4337-3PK&storeid=1&image=riblok.gif&CFID=39866130&CFTOKEN=80667376

I use the Ribloc on my sides and rail hand stops on my lower low profiles. Hope these help out a bit.

HUZZAH!!!

• Like 1

I use Magpul ladders (which oddly enough, are made by Ergo/Falcon Industries). Super low profile, and it's impossible for them to slide. You kind of "roll" them onto the rail, and the protruding slots on the ladder, pop into the slots of the rail. They can't slide anywhere.

I personally love them. The only complaint I've ever heard, is that some people say their hand still gets hot, due to the lack of material in ladder rail covers. I've never noticed this, so maybe I'm not shooting fast enough. If you're looking for something bulky, the ladders won't fit the bill, but otherwise, I highly recommend them.

mp_LADDER_banner.jpg

• Like 1

I use Magpul ladders (which oddly enough, are made by Ergo/Falcon Industries). Super low profile, and it's impossible for them to slide. You kind of "roll" them onto the rail, and the protruding slots on the ladder, pop into the slots of the rail. They can't slide anywhere. ...

I'll second that. This is what I use as well!

I really like the light weight and on the S12 the way it reduces the "cheese grater" effect the exposed rails can have on your hand!

Hey ILB,

Thanks for posting the pic, I've been wondering what those looked like rail. The contrast is cool. I may have to try them on my next BP stock. I do like my UTGs, they make my squarish stock look/feel rounder and easier to grasp.

don't mind the utg for look and feel.. But the fact that it doesn't function right (I mean the crap shouldn't slide off) bothers me. It sucks if you don't notice and you go to grab your gun after a lot of mags and your burn yourself because your grip slid off.