My folks make a decent living & if they want something, they can usually buy it.

I, on the other hand, am not as well off.

I just settled on getting them a Keltec P-11 9mm & extreme shock air freedom pre-frag rounds to suplement the .38 S&W snub nose that they carry (both have CHLs).

I almost got them the .32, which I know my pops would like more, because he wants a pocket pistol, but I would never want to make it so that my folks were relying on the massive stopping power :rolleyes: of a .32 for their lives.

They drive a Jag XK-8 & go "where ever". Including the "hood" where I live... I have had to go for my sidearm around here before when people were looking to "strongarm" mug me & I'm not 60 years old driving a Jag (perceived soft target). I get concerned about them & they can't both be carrying if they only have the one .38.

In the past, I have bought high end fountain pens, or decorative pottery, but I am plum out of ideas.

What cool, unique stuff would one get the person who could buy whatever they want? (in my price range (about $50.00 each after this pistol & accessories))

All ideas are welcome (that one might give their parents). Both Male & Female gifts.

I am sure MANY of us could use these ideas.

Edited by Paulyski

Obama Cheeia (SP?) pet. Now, that's got some fun potential!

guido

I was about to say something along the same line. Go to the drug store or mall, and buy something that is advertised on TV, like a Clapper. Something that people see on TV, but never get around to ordering. People love that shit.

Paulyski, what every parent wants is for their children to show their love and gratitude to them. You have already accomplished that in spades by what I have read. I would get your father the new Sarah Palin "Going Rogue" and your mother something that reminds you of her; for example a little hand-painted sign with somehting like Proverbs 31:28 "28 Her children arise and call her blessed; ".

If I knew where I could get them a gold-plated AK-47 or SVD Dragunov? I forgot to take a picture but at the gun show we had here recently there was a gold plated, ornately inlaid, with a bit of Russian furniture on the hand guard Russian 9mm. It was for sale for $4,408. I'll just say it was neat to look at and not much else. I suppose ammo as a gift would always be welcomed. :killer::ph34r: