Believe me, I haven't forgetton and never will. I have been to the Pearl Harbor Memorial more times then I remember, and shed quite a few tears. It is a very sombre place. I have sat in the movie/documentary, surrounded by Japanese on all sides, and just wondered what they were thinking. I also know that a lot of them were crying, and by their ages, I expect might have been serving the Emperor during that time frame. If you have not been, it is something that is worth going to. The whispering voices during the movie/documentary will haunt you. Semper Fi!

I just checked the three major networks and didn't see any mention on their web pages. That is not surprising to me. I have been to Pearl Harbor and I highly recommend it to everyone as it is a very moving experience. Oil from the engine room was still bubbling to the surface in 1988 when I visited. It was almost as if the soldiers were sending a message as a reminder not to forget us. I also find it interesting that Google can put a pink ribbon on their main search page or some other kind of recognition, but have intentionally ignored today to be politically correct. I guess they don't want to offend the whining liberal pussies.

http://www.pearl-harbor.com/arizona/arizona.html

Texans will never forget:

http://www.nimitz-museum.org/

Yakdung

Will be interesting to see if the liberal media even mentions "Pearl Harbor Day" and what it means.

My eternal GRATITUDE to ALL who serve and my solem PLEDGE that their sacrifice will not have been in vain.

What it means? Hell no, man!

It didn't mean anything and Bill Clinton APOLOGIZED for what we did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Our bad...

The parallels between 9/11 and Pearl Harbor are striking. In each instance there were warning signs before the attack, and in each instance our government failed to connect the dots. -Diane Watson

Especially all of you who own Jap cars! Maybe we need to teach history a bit better!

One assumes that goes for anyone who drives a German car as well. Or Italian. Or British or French, since we've had wars with them as well.

And don't forget that the Germans owned Chrysler, and now the Italians are taking it over.

So that leaves Ford and GM. Of course, GM is largely government-owned now, with money borrowed from China, so it's essentially a Chinese company.

Guess it's down to Ford and Ford only. Only make sure you stay away from the Ranger pickup, since it's a Mazda with a new badge. And do some checking, just to make sure your car was really built in the USA, 'cause an awful lot of F150s come from Mexico and Brazil, and lots and lots of Mustangs have been built in Canada over the years.

Meanwhile, my Honda was made in Ohio, by American workers.

Weird how that works out...

• Like 2

Especially all of you who own Jap cars! Maybe we need to teach history a bit better!

One assumes that goes for anyone who drives a German car as well. Or Italian. Or British or French, since we've had wars with them as well.

And don't forget that the Germans owned Chrysler, and now the Italians are taking it over.

So that leaves Ford and GM. Of course, GM is largely government-owned now, with money borrowed from China, so it's essentially a Chinese company.

Guess it's down to Ford and Ford only. Only make sure you stay away from the Ranger pickup, since it's a Mazda with a new badge. And do some checking, just to make sure your car was really built in the USA, 'cause an awful lot of F150s come from Mexico and Brazil, and lots and lots of Mustangs have been built in Canada over the years.

Meanwhile, my Honda was made in Ohio, by American workers.

Weird how that works out...

+1

Aside from the jab at import drivers..............smiley_salute.gif is a good response to the OP. Got talking to a Veteran neighbor yesterday when I was leaving for work, about Pearl Harbor. I wanted to just hang out and listen to his stories.