How did this thread become about global warming? Myth or fact...

Fact... U.S.A. has all this kick ass technical prowess to turn sun, wind, water, and nuclear into plentiful power... but we're still sending all of our wealth and manufacturing overseas to people who hate us. THAT makes no sense to me. Big Oil played its role, but at some point, we bankrupt ourselves today if we don't reclaim our own energy independence. When will USA energy also be Made in USA energy?

• Like 1

We have enough geothermal energy beneath Yellowstone to provide our energy needs for 10,000 years, and this is only one of thousands of pockets of heat beneath America. It is the greed of those who have grown obscenely wealthy with oil and coal that keeps us chained to fire as an energy source, just as we have been for at least 150,000 years. We need to evolve! Geothermal can be used to make hydrogen and that burns totally clean in our internal combustion engines. No CO2 or other pollutants, just water vapor. And at 100+ octaine it is a much better motor fuel that gasoline!

We got stuck on this global warming kick because most of us see the intellectual hypocrisy and junk science that is shoved down our throats. Global warming is a fact, but it is a LOT more complex than fossil fuel based energy. We are not as stupid as those who look nice and read the "news". Give us sound science and let us make INFORMED decisions, not knee jerk reactions to half truths and innuendos designed to frighten us into blind acceptance of EXXON and Peabody's plan to increase corporate profits.

End of rant. I will post no more on this thread.

Fact... U.S.A. has all this kick ass technical prowess to turn sun, wind, water, and nuclear into plentiful power... but we're still sending all of our wealth and manufacturing overseas to people who hate us. THAT makes no sense to me. Big Oil played its role, but at some point, we bankrupt ourselves today if we don't reclaim our own energy independence. When will USA energy also be Made in USA energy?

Dude our technology is kick-ass, but expensive. When alternative energy gets cheaper, I am sure Oil and Coal will be thrown on the rubbish bin of history, just like the Pigmen:

mog.jpg

• Like 1

It would be a little hard to plug a car/airplane/boat...ect, into a geothermal pocket and travel anywhere. :lolol: Just joking...hydrogen technology looks very promising and eco friendly. Fossil fuels are just the most convenient form of energy we know how to harness affordably. It sure would be interesting to live another 50 years to see what man comes up with to solve this problem.

Edited by t165

Couldn't agree more. If the 'warming' people weren't motivated by money, they'd be pushing for solar panels on every roof, solar plants in every desert, geothermal, wind, hydro, plug in fleet vehicles, etc. But THAT would create a lot of skilled jobs, boost OUR economy, and cut down on foreign dependence and emissions-the real real ones (cfc's, carbon monoxide, etc.). It's the classic argument-the stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones, something better came along. The last buggy whip factory made the best buggy whips in the world, but they became obsolete. Until those in charge-ceo's and banks get out of our government, they will continue to milk us for everything they can and hold up real progress and keep us bogged down in needless foreign affairs for profit. Remember, the fed loves war-it's good for buisness!

Back on the topic of storms, Oklahoma is being hammered by a blizzard right now. I crashed my Bimmer into a state trooper's car and then got it stuck on the highway on the way home. I was stranded there for three hours before someone I knew with a front-wheel drive car could come get me. I am just glad to be home at this point.

its actually pretty simple, global warming melted most of the icecaps causing more "liquid" water, the heat from man made global warming evaporated the extra water causing more precipitation (in this case snow).. global warming is the source of all of our problems.... i could post simple diagrams and graphs if needed.. you bunch of earth haters

^^^that was sarcasm btw^^^

Here in the DC area, we have 15" of snow and still falling. Last December snow near this big was in the 1930's with 14"

WELCOME TO GLOBAL WARMING!

The people in the Mid-West are sure feelin it right now.

The Blizzard of 78' was the storm of the century (IMHO)all other severe snowstorms are compared to it.

For non snow events Katrina and the 91' Halloween (no name)OR "Perfect-Storm" were pretty big.

I live in New England we get 15" of snow all the time,its not a "Big-Deal".