Here in the DC area, we have 15" of snow and still falling. Last December snow near this big was in the 1930's with 14"

WELCOME TO GLOBAL WARMING!

And you are welcome to it!

I like a little snow, but I got over that real quick when I lived in Annapolis and my only transportation was a motorcycle!

Didn't you know, global warming causes cooler temperatures, Al Bore said so.

And the center of the earth is millions of degrees, you have it right Al BORE...

Yea we have global warming starting every April or so and then global cooling starting every September of so.

Just between 1 and 2" here in my neighborhood in Michigan. Keep the snow I don't want it.

Edited by Lakedweller

Anyone enjoying the snow, I mean outside of the proof that Gore's full of shit. Every storm That's happened in my life time has been some of the fondest memories I have.

1. Hurricane Agnus 1972-my birthday.

2. Flood of 1978-My lil bro was born.

3. Blizzard of 1983, dad got me an Intellivision! and I built my first and best igloo.

4. The drought of 1991. This one not so much, and I'm not talkin' weather. The intelligent Bush squashed the weed flow, and the only thing that got you high was the diesel weed! Not gonna explain it, those that know, know. But I was playing bass in the best band to ever come out of York, Pa. No not Live-they were Public Affection back then, we called them Pubic Infection. We were the only band that could pull off 'Holy wars, the punishment due' by Megadeth. Played my first bar show and I was 19.

5. Blizzard of 1993, turned 21 and bar hopped on foot! puked a lot, but a great time over all!

6. Blizzard of 1996, best time of my life!!! met a girl at a show I played that night, and she lived 30 miles away, so she crashed at my pad for a week and we pulled off a 4 year relationship! Me and my 2 room mates had enough booze to kill Boris Yeltsin, roasted a turkey, made racist snow men, etc. And we lived in down town York then!

5. The presidents day blizzard of 2003, not quite as fun as the others. Livin' with a hot ass stripper that plays bass as good as me, but a total bitch to get snowed in with. Conversation sucked/sex and jam sessions were awesome!

6. This little storm: 37 years old and married now, enjoyed the cardio workout of shoveling, eatin' better food that I couldn't afford in my youth, drinkin' Molsen drafts and Crown Royal with my wife and our buddy that can walk over. Watched ppv movies, and now typing on a gun lovers site. Not near as fun as the stuff I used to do, but better than being some douche trying to get to Wal-Mart to buy some crap for someone you don't even like!

Anyone else have any fond memories of this 'global warming' crap they want to toss up?

• Like 1

Anyone enjoying the snow, I mean outside of the proof that Gore's full of shit. Every storm That's happened in my life time has been some of the fondest memories I have.

Well, the few times we got hit hard enough with snow to get a "State of Emergency" status....that was kinda cool. Also, "snow days" from school were always welcomed :D . Nothing like dragging your ass out of bed in the morning, only to find out school was canceled!

I loved snow, when I was younger. Now, at 26? Not so much. Although, at least once, pretty much every winter........a couple of us will get the bright idea to go buy sleds, and act like 10 year old kids on a big hill. Fun times :lol: .

A snowblower is a godsend. Every snowman wishes he had one! Without mine, I'd REALLY be pissed, and sore from shoveling. Right now the blower is in the shed with the impeller frozen from slush. I'll clear it later.

Don't forget to watch for those zombie snowmen smuggling tannerite in their chests!

oh grow a set guys! I shoveled 4-6 foot deep white stuff more than once, and in more driveways than mine. yehp, so deep the snowblowers didnt work! I got rid of the snowshovels, and went with a coal shovel instead. have fun with the snowbank at the end of your driveway :)

I used to drive in 15" of snow and outrun the showmobiles.....

just be glad you arent trying to find firewood because you didnt cut enough for the winter, and that is your ONLY source of heat. you could be out trying to find standing dead trees in that shit in the middle of the woods, and having to haul logs out by hand in that crap....as much as I miss those days, Ill take the memories of them over doing it right this second.

anyhow, its off to work in a tshirt and shorts!!

Anyone see this news from yesterdays DC snow?

Cop pulls a gun out after retards throw snow at oncoming cars and him. Note: Not siding with either party here, both were fucking dumb.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1209/689050.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo

Edited by camon

We only had 4-6 inches last week and the rain this week has waashed it away. Last year we had record snow of over 7 feet that started on the 19th of December and finally melted in March. You would go out to shovel and there would be no place to put it. They are talking about a white Christmas now but I hope we can avoid that shit this year.

Anyone see this news from yesterdays DC snow?

Cop pulls a gun out after retards throw snow at oncoming cars and him. Note: Not siding with either party here, both were fucking dumb.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1209/689050.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo

Ha! What a fucking coward. Typical abuse of power. I hope he loses his job.

Now shoveling 20" OF WHITE SHIT. Biggest December snowfall here in at least 110 years, maybe much longer. Work 20 minutes rest 30 minutes. Sucks to be decrepit! Getting grumpier every shovel full!

Have 4 wheel drives, God put it there he can take it away.

Or let your neighbor plow it with his 4 wheeler!!!!! :super: :super:

If my glorified go-kart that I drive can make it to work by 7am and back home in the middle of the snowfall it wasn't a storm, just more people that don't understand that with 5" of snow on the road you drive slower :rolleyes:

BTW side streets in town still arn't plowed, its a gun it and pray to make it to in front of the house ;)

to be fair you can have record snowfall even under global warming theory. The two are not necessarily negatively correlated.

Sounds like someone else believes in Global Warming ....... Bull Shit

"Belief" has nothing to do with it. I am just looking at the facts.

:smoke:

You mean evidence like Polar Bears are dying off at an alarming rate?

Or that the temps are rising even as we reduce the number of rural stations?

Have you ever heard of the Urban heat effect?? I know it first hand here in Phoenix. I work on the north east end of the Valley and it is easily 5-10 degrees cooler than downtown Phoenix area where I used to live.

Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer that pollution is bad and that LOCAL(read: STATE) Governments should prevent local pollution. But I do not believe that there are enough people on this world putting out enough CO2, a substance that EVERY LIVING NON-PLANT CREATURE BREATHES, to make a difference that would lead to catastrophic proportions. Especially when natural events like Volcanoes put out tons and tons of CO2 in comparison.

And this myth that because the Ice caps will melt that islands will flood... excuse me but lol what? BASIC chemistry: Ice is less dense than water, meaning that there is less H2O in a liter of Ice than water. Even if the ice caps are receding they will just melt into their own space.

Oh yea, lets not forget the role the Sun plays in all this. The Sun, which for the last year has been solar flare neutral. And you know, last year saw one of the coolest winters and this summer here in Phoenix was pretty damn mild. No major hurricanes on the US coast this year either.

You mean evidence like Polar Bears are dying off at an alarming rate?

Or that the temps are rising even as we reduce the number of rural stations?

Have you ever heard of the Urban heat effect?? I know it first hand here in Phoenix. I work on the north east end of the Valley and it is easily 5-10 degrees cooler than downtown Phoenix area where I used to live.

Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer that pollution is bad and that LOCAL(read: STATE) Governments should prevent local pollution. But I do not believe that there are enough people on this world putting out enough CO2, a substance that EVERY LIVING NON-PLANT CREATURE BREATHES, to make a difference that would lead to catastrophic proportions. Especially when natural events like Volcanoes put out tons and tons of CO2 in comparison.

And this myth that because the Ice caps will melt that islands will flood... excuse me but lol what? BASIC chemistry: Ice is less dense than water, meaning that there is less H2O in a liter of Ice than water. Even if the ice caps are receding they will just melt into their own space.

Oh yea, lets not forget the role the Sun plays in all this. The Sun, which for the last year has been solar flare neutral. And you know, last year saw one of the coolest winters and this summer here in Phoenix was pretty damn mild. No major hurricanes on the US coast this year either.

I believe the facts, yes. But that does not mean I buy into everything that has been said about Polar Bears or Penguins or Ugandan Field Mice etc. To attribute one or two things that have been falsely stated over time as an example of the overall falsehood of any theory is a fallacy. Personalizing the argument by calling Al Gore as a lier also does not advance your cause. Should we throw the baby out with the bathwater? Should we dismiss the entire theory due to a few problems?

But I really don't think it matters anyway. The fact is, burning fossil fuels leaves every large American city hostage to sickening clouds of smog on a daily basis. I for one fucking hate smog. I don't like not being able to see LA or Chicago after 9:00am. I don't like shit in the air that stays in the air, regardless of whether or not its heating up the planet. Cutting the burning of fossil fuels is only a plus in my book if it improves air quality. As for the earth warming, does it really matter? Getting cleaner burning fuels is what really matters...

I believe the facts, yes. But that does not mean I buy into everything that has been said about Polar Bears or Penguins or Ugandan Field Mice etc. To attribute one or two things that have been falsely stated over time as an example of the overall falsehood of any theory is a fallacy. Personalizing the argument by calling Al Gore as a lier also does not advance your cause. Should we throw the baby out with the bathwater? Should we dismiss the entire theory due to a few problems?

I agree we shouldn't dismiss the argument entirely because of the corrupt. But at the same time it is those corrupt who dismiss the argument of others. My biggest issue with the Climategate stuff is that what should be real science has instead been politicized.

But I really don't think it matters anyway. The fact is, burning fossil fuels leaves every large American city hostage to sickening clouds of smog on a daily basis. I for one fucking hate smog. I don't like not being able to see LA or Chicago after 9:00am. I don't like shit in the air that stays in the air, regardless of whether or not its heating up the planet. Cutting the burning of fossil fuels is only a plus in my book if it improves air quality. As for the earth warming, does it really matter? Getting cleaner burning fuels is what really matters...

I agree, I don't like the smog either. My Asthma is always 5x worse when I am in southern Cali than Phoenix. But that is local pollution. And LA for the most part is a valley.. a big bowl of its shit stewing.

I am all for new energy that is reusable, efficient, and powerful but what is there yet? Hell, I would love nuclear power and it wouldn't take many more reactors to be able to power the us. "Oh but Camon what about the waste?" Well, shoot the shit to space... or pick some mountain in the middle of Nevada and store it there. Big fucking deal if that mountain stays inhabitable for a few 10000 years.

110.000 years ago there were at most a few thousand people on this planet. Today there are 6.6 Billion. Overpopulation NOT carbon is the problem!

All the do-gooders pleaded for us to feed "the starving thousands" while they would not even allow you mention birth control. Then those starving thousands bred starving tens of thousands. Again the do-gooders begged us to help feed them, while SCREAMING down anyone who even mentioned birth control. And the cycle repeated itself until there are now 1 BILLION starving humans. I accuse you do-gooders of causing the largest increase of human misery ever.

This planet can comfortably support maybe 2 billion humans. With the diseases being bred in the filthy starving misery you have caused lies the future plauges that will wipe out the overpopulation. The Earth is a self regulating system and will correct the imbalance.

• Like 1