Sheep Wolves & the Sheepdog.... Which are you?

This can also be found on the Teppo Jetsu website with other cool stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought from prior posts that t165 is/was a cop? No?

I thought so too. Guess he never needed an FTO when he got out of cop school, either. Since real men make their own path.

Great post Paulyski! :up:

I'm a well-armed sheep. :killer:

At least you're armed, Camon!

I think your attitude about being a sheep will change when or if you become a dad.

Best,

Kevin

"si vis pacem para bellum"

That's what did it for me.

• Like 1

I am a past LEO. I currently own my own small business that did not turn a profit this year. Seems that is happening to many these days. Since the only education/experience I have is in the car business and law enforcement I may soon have to take some sort of a position in the law enforcement/corrections field to make ends meet. I am far from wealthy.

If the transmission goes bad in my car I will certainly listen to the advice of a professional mechanic. Same with a doctor if I was ill. These are practical matters. My initial post on this thread was referring to matters of politics and to a lesser extent, religion, business...ect. Juggs asked in a respectful manner if I meant the bible should not taken into consideration and I stated "no"! However, that is a personal choice. I would never tell another man which flavor of religion to choose if any at all. Either a person has faith or they do not...only god knows this for sure. And I treat people on an individual level. If someone is respectful to me I will be respectful to them. For those who wish to resort to name calling and insults will reap what they sew. Simply review this thread. I never singled anyone out with an insult prior to being insulted myself. This section of Saiga12.com is reserved for opinions. I stated mine and like it or not that is just the way it is. I certainly do not agree with many opinions other members post but I'll be respectful to them if they are respectful to me. And if another member does not understand what I meant I'll be glad to further explain myself.

I haven't been on Saiga-12.com for about 2-3 days but the last time I visited a read a thread started by another member...Bvamp IIRC. Business is another area where a man has to make his own way. If you believe everything you hear and aren't careful one will not be in business long. Due to the state of the economy it is more cutthroat than ever. From what I understand some members on this site bought some magazines to retail from a manufacturer. Then, recently, the manufacturer slashed the price of their existing inventory of similar magazines so low the members on this site cannot be competitive. Absent some contractural agreement setting pricepoint the members here may well suffer a loss. Lying and deception is deeply ingrained in politics, business and yes...even amongst some clergy. And the natural course of the free markets are in and of themselves enough to ruin a man financially. I have stayed away from late model vehicles the last 2-3 years because when the new car manufacturers offer large rebates along with low to 0% financing then the higher end 2-3 year old vehicles sitting on used car lots can depreciate thousands of dollars in value overnight. Much like the magazines referred to earlier in this thread. A man has to be careful and stand on his own two feet or he will be used and taken advantage of.

Sorry for all the typos I'm sure exist herein but I have to hurry.

Edited by t165
  • Like 1

I don't know what to 'classify" myself in. If someone threatens me I will kill them. If someone threatens my dogs, I will kill them. I value my life, and my dogs lives more than someone else's, esp. when they try to threaten me. Wolf, chicken, crow, pig, cat - what the hell does it matter what you are classified as when if you don't defend yourself, and you end up dead. Then you are a pussy. Life is to short to sit around wondering what others will "classify" you as. And after you are dead and gone, no one will even give a shit 2 days later. Put up or shut up, and let everyone know that you mean business.

"Lying and deception is deeply ingrained in politics, business and yes...even amongst some clergy."

One of my all time favorite people is a Irish Catholic Preist friend of mine(I think he heads his church now). He once made the statement, with a big smile on his face, "I have now been two of the most fork tongued professions in the world." He used to be a lawyer, lol.

The fact that he admits such, at least to his friends if not to his flock, doubled my respect for him as I've know others of several different religions that wouldn't dare be so honest.

Ditto the dogs, BronCobraJet. They would certainly reciprocate without so much as a blink.

Respectfully,

guido

I don't know what to 'classify" myself in. If someone threatens me I will kill them. If someone threatens my dogs, I will kill them. I value my life, and my dogs lives more than someone else's, esp. when they try to threaten me. Wolf, chicken, crow, pig, cat - what the hell does it matter what you are classified as when if you don't defend yourself, and you end up dead. Then you are a pussy. Life is to short to sit around wondering what others will "classify" you as. And after you are dead and gone, no one will even give a shit 2 days later. Put up or shut up, and let everyone know that you mean business.

I am a past LEO. I currently own my own small business that did not turn a profit this year. Seems that is happening to many these days. Since the only education/experience I have is in the car business and law enforcement I may soon have to take some sort of a position in the law enforcement/corrections field to make ends meet. I am far from wealthy.

If the transmission goes bad in my car I will certainly listen to the advice of a professional mechanic. Same with a doctor if I was ill. These are practical matters. My initial post on this thread was referring to matters of politics and to a lesser extent, religion, business...ect. Juggs asked in a respectful manner if I meant the bible should not taken into consideration and I stated "no"! However, that is a personal choice. I would never tell another man which flavor of religion to choose if any at all. Either a person has faith or they do not...only god knows this for sure. And I treat people on an individual level. If someone is respectful to me I will be respectful to them. For those who wish to resort to name calling and insults will reap what they sew. Simply review this thread. I never singled anyone out with an insult prior to being insulted myself. This section of Saiga12.com is reserved for opinions. I stated mine and like it or not that is just the way it is. I certainly do not agree with many opinions other members post but I'll be respectful to them if they are respectful to me. And if another member does not understand what I meant I'll be glad to further explain myself.

I haven't been on Saiga-12.com for about 2-3 days but the last time I visited a read a thread started by another member...Bvamp IIRC. Business is another area where a man has to make his own way. If you believe everything you hear and aren't careful one will not be in business long. Due to the state of the economy it is more cutthroat than ever. From what I understand some members on this site bought some magazines to retail from a manufacturer. Then, recently, the manufacturer slashed the price of their existing inventory of similar magazines so low the members on this site cannot be competitive. Absent some contractural agreement setting pricepoint the members here may well suffer a loss. Lying and deception is deeply ingrained in politics, business and yes...even amongst some clergy. And the natural course of the free markets are in and of themselves enough to ruin a man financially. I have stayed away from late model vehicles the last 2-3 years because when the new car manufacturers offer large rebates along with low to 0% financing then the higher end 2-3 year old vehicles sitting on used car lots can depreciate thousands of dollars in value overnight. Much like the magazines referred to earlier in this thread. A man has to be careful and stand on his own two feet or he will be used and taken advantage of.

Sorry for all the typos I'm sure exist herein but I have to hurry.

t165 I'm literally angry with rage!

• Like 2

I see a lot of up-and-coming and would be sheepdogs here, well that is great, happy to have the help! But take it from an old vet in Sheepdog business; there are a lot of heartaches in your decision...

You stand outside in the dark amid freezing cold, driving rain, and hurricanes, tornadoes and floods. You go into lairs of evil that will leave you marked for the rest of your life, and you constantly risk that life. That is of course the life of your family's breadwinner and protector. You do so for meager rations and a system that is rigged to make you lose the battle in the end. That is the protection of the flock.

And in return you get to listen to a large percentage of that flock talk about how they don't trust the sheepdog; they have heard that he has a taste for mutton and that to be a sheepdog one must be inherently evil. This will usually come from not only the liberal members of the flock, but sometimes the Panophobic conservatives that are paranoid of everything that has more perceived power then they do!

They would send you into those same lairs of evil, filled with well armed wolves, armed with no more then a short stick and a snappy bow tie. They bleat that the Sheepdogs have become to "militarized," even though they face an army of evil.

In truth, they don't give a damn whether you live or die, as your very existence represents a yardstick that they will always silently always be measuring themselves against, and falling short will become sullen and angry.

Meanwhile they sit here in safety on their fat wool covered asses and brag about their dozens of AKs and S12s, which the shoot after coming home from a hard day of spraying deodorant into shoes at the bowling alley.

You see, being a Sheepdog is more then a state of mind, it requires action on your part, it even requires some suffering from you, and your family.

Welcome to my world.

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 3

I see a lot of up-and-coming and would be sheepdogs here, well that is great, happy to have the help! But take it from an old vet in Sheepdog business; there are a lot of heartaches in your decision...

You stand outside in the dark amid freezing cold, driving rain, and hurricanes, tornadoes and floods. You go into lairs of evil that will leave you marked for the rest of your life, and you constantly risk that life. That is of course the life of your family's breadwinner and protector. You do so for meager rations and a system that is rigged to make you lose the battle in the end. That is the protection of the flock.

And in return you get to listen to a large percentage of that flock talk about how they don't trust the sheepdog; they have heard that he has a taste for mutton and that to be a sheepdog one must be inherently evil. This will usually come from not only the liberal members of the flock, but sometimes the Panophobic conservatives that are paranoid of everything that has more perceived power then they do!

They would send you into those same lairs of evil, filled with well armed wolves, armed with no more then a short stick and a snappy bow tie. They bleat that the Sheepdogs have become to "militarized," even though they face an army of evil.

In truth, they don't give a damn whether you live or die, as your very existence represents a yardstick that they will always silently always be measuring themselves against, and falling short will become sullen and angry.

Meanwhile they sit here in safety on their fat wool covered asses and brag about their dozens of AKs and S12s, which the shoot after coming home from a hard day of spraying deodorant into shoes at the bowling alley.

You see, being a Sheepdog is more then a state of mind, it requires action on your part, it even requires some suffering from you, and your family.

Welcome to my world.

This is a very accurate description of how I felt when I was in a combat position in the military. AND, that was back when times were really good in the military (WTF better than they are now).

I laughed out loud at your keeper of the "bowling shoes" analogy. When I was in the military we called those people "shoe clerks" - guys whose highest purpose in life was selling shoes to women in the mall. LOL Too good....

Welcome to my world.

Azrial,

Very well stated. :super:

T165-

Don't take this as a slam or anything hostile towards you, but I do have an issue with something that you posted above. You stated that you may have to resort back to being in Law Enforcement to make ends meet. Please don't, as you would be doing yourself, your family and your fellow officers a disservice. There are plenty of other jobs out there that are much safer and pay more than LE. If you are only going back to it to make ends meet, then your heart is in the wrong place. Being in Law Enforcement should be a passion, not an old standby. Maybe you are capable to giving 100% to an old standby job, but if you are then you are the exception. I just have to question how much heart a person can put into something that is only there to fall back onto in hard times. It is not about collecting a paycheck, it is about providing a level of safety, compassion and information to people that are depending on you to protect or guide them. If it is only a job, then the people that you are sworn to protect and serve are only a nuisance and cannon fodder. Again, if you go back into LE, I hope that you are the exception and can give 100% to the job from your heart and not for the paycheck.

And as I previously stated, this is not a slam towards you, but just a personal observation and experience in dealing with the same attitude from former officers while I was their Field Training Officer. To them, it was just a job and there was no heart. All have moved on and out of LE, but at a high personal and moral cost. Just some thoughts, but either way, I wish you and your family the best in your future.

On a final note and as you may have noticed, LEO gets slammed hard on this forum by a few of the members. I'm GOOD with that because I know that very few of the members here need any type of LE to protect them. They are capable of protecting/taking care of themselves. But in truth, the members on this forum are only a very miniscule portion of the overall population. The remainder do need someone that can give them 100% effort for every incident, tragedy or dilemna that enters their lives. To the members of the forum that don't need help, I salute you. To the others that do need help, I serve you. :smoke:

Edited by GeorgiaPD
  • Like 4

+REP, GeorgiaPD. Any time you're taking on an in-harm's-way occupation (LE, fire, military, executive protection to name a few), you're not going to be all you can be--all you need to be--without that commitment. (Granted, you have to be careful about it, too... I wouldn't have been half as effective in protecting the girl who hired me if I hadn't fallen for her, but that situation was as much of a cause of day-to-day problems as it would've been a driver had "Game Day" actually come.)

Azrial :super:

GeorgiaPD, your advice to t165 is spot on. I gave up on LE because of the lack of commitment of the some of local LEOs, not that that is the norm but unfortunately it IS a problem, esp in smaller communities. That and the politics of it all in a rural community. Esp. with a Sheriff with higher political aspirations.

I raised my child to respect LEOs until they give you a reason not to. This has served her well as a young adult and even kept her fiancee out of some hot water as his family is the "They're just out to get me" types with little respect for themselves let alone LE. His only hope is to get away from his family.

Unfortunately, imho LE unions are a double edge sword, while they work for the good of LE, they may also protect those that bring a bad name to the same community. And the insular nature of each unit/dept/etc doesn't help. Like eveyone else, until LE harshely regulates it's own, bad apples will always be a problem. Though I do see "Self-Regulation" becomeing more the norm, there is still a ways to go.