found and bought Sagia .410 (last one)

Well I got nrevous and did it. I had wanted a Saiga 12 for two years and in fact had kept my eyes on one at my FFl dealer's shop. But when I found this GREAT website full of Ak fans and read about the supply drying up, I called on Wed. to see if said weapon was still there. It was gone but he had a .410.

After yesterday's reading and watching the sight I decided I had better move on it. I'm damn glad that I'd purchased serval weapons there in the past for my dealer said he would hold it for me until my monies came. The price was so good that I didn't even dicker with him.

Thanks for all the help and info. Maybe the recoil will be low enough for my daughter to shoot again. Her shoulder is really weak now due to West Nile Virus.

Some times the gun-gods give you what you need and not what you want.

Which is how I dicovered the SKS in the first place.

:chris:

Nice, mild recoil.....hell, i know a kid who shot mine the first time i had it out, and he hadnt so much as held a gun before in his life, and he liked it, even hit hit his first clay with it to, first shot no less :lol:

nothing liek seeing taht kids eyes when i said "here, use this" LMAO! it was priceless.

The Saiga .410 is a fantastic little shotgun(IMHO), I have used it to introduce people to skeet shooting, and they love the mild recoil and light weight.

My first S.410 had factory pistol style sights, removeable full choke and 22" barrel lenght.

I thought it would be kind of crappy for skeet, but to my amazement I could really powder those clays!

P.S.

I added a buffer technologies recoil buffer more to protect the firearm, but it made a difference in preceived recoil too.

P.S.S.

Now if I could find cheap .410 ammo I would have it made.

Maybe Dillion Precision will make a progressive reloader for .410 :angel:

Thanks for the thoughts. Tis the coolest site on the web I've found so far.

P.S. Make sure you and your loved ones are doused in hi-octane repellent!!!!

Elderberries appear to raise the level of immunity also. We had a HELL of a time getting the State of Kansas to admit WN Virus was the cause. Luckily our nuerosurgeon was smart enough to administer treatment otherwise we would have lost her. She better physically now but can't raise her right arm above her head. Mentally???

ivrfrkvrd Man I pray for ya'll and I know where you're comin from dude. My wife Joy has been battling Lyme disease for a year and a half. I had to give her injections twice a day for a year. It's amazing what a little bug can do to your life. I tell everyone I know to be very aware of the danger and take necessary precautions.

Thanks alot Cobra 76 Two. Will sacrifice some starlings in your wife's honor. By the way, I've been 'boning- up' on the .410 by reading the old threads here and I must say I really enjoy your imput.

Did you guys ever get those 10 round mags?

I just sent an email to the guy I bought 1 from for $50 for mine to see if he has any left. It's the first one I converted myself and had to have that long slightly curved mag for it. :super:

The guy I bought it from had it to me in 5 days. He said he bought from a sporting goods store in Moscow. How much is a plane ticket to there anyway?

post-1486-1111901801_thumb.jpg

Edited by AK-treO8

ivrfrkbrd -- Sorry to hear about your daughter. All I can do here is offer prayers for her and light a candle for her. Hope she recovers completely.

Cobra 76 two -- Lyme disease? That's a rough one. My sister's husband was diagnosed with MS many years ago but recent testing showed he actually has Lyme disease. It promises to be a long road to recovery. In the meantime, we will also be praying for Joy -- if the neighbor's little yappy dog may join the starlings on the brazen altar to the gods of healing!

AK-treO8 -- Doggonit, man! You got me curious -- Just checked with cheaptickets.com. Round trip ticket for one person to/from Moscow to check with that sporting goods shop for a 10-rd mag would set you back $1320 on Delta in mid-June.

Cobra 76 two -- Lyme disease? That's a rough one. My sister's husband was diagnosed with MS many years ago but recent testing showed he actually has Lyme disease. It promises to be a long road to recovery. In the meantime, we will also be praying for Joy -- if the neighbor's little yappy dog may join the starlings on the brazen altar to the gods of healing!

Thanks Aethelbert. I can't stand little yappy dogs like that. Bring him over and we'll set up a moving target with sound effects LOL. Looking forward to meeting you and doing some shooting Tues. I'm gonna bust ass and try to finish my AKS-12 by then so we can try her out. I need to go slug shopping too.

Many thanks Aethellbert. Took said duaghter to my range today for the first time since her affliction and let her shoot the ole .22 H&R double action with her left hand. Briefed her on one-handed shooting and then left to set-up long range targets for my 6.5 Swede. (Always like to do this prior to cattle being put on pasture as 300-400 yard shots make me nervous as to safety.)

Looks like she touched the X-ring a few times and 90% were in the black @ 21'. Starlings were sacrificed and a good day had by both of us. Trying to instill the 'improvise,adapt,overcome ' philosophy.

Also got to see my new baby on Sat. and as I looked it over realized that I will have many questions and modifications, but I will restrain myself until I get it in my hands and have serial numbers etc. Appears to be a full choke model. Swings well, light and should scare a lot of game.

:devil:

• 3 weeks later...

At last!!!! I have the .410 Saiga at home in my itchy maws awaiting the morrow's sun. So it stands to reason that now I have some valid questions?

1) I keep seeing references to 'break-in' times. What is the average?

2) Some 'gun dealer' told me that there are no 3" slugs in .410 gauge. Don't I remember seeing references (somewhere here) to such ammo and where to buy it?

3) The instruction boolet said to get 2 1/2" mags #C616. Please enlighten me as to thier llocation and price.

Huzzah!!! Remember the men that died on the green in Lexington tommorrow and thank them for our rights!

At last!!!! I have the .410 Saiga at home in my itchy maws awaiting the morrow's sun. So it stands to reason that now I have some valid questions?

1) I keep seeing references to 'break-in' times. What is the average?

2) Some 'gun dealer' told me that there are no 3" slugs in .410 gauge. Don't I remember seeing references (somewhere here) to such ammo and where to buy it?

3) The instruction boolet said to get 2 1/2" mags #C616. Please enlighten me as to thier llocation and price.

Huzzah!!! Remember the men that died on the green in Lexington tommorrow and thank them for our rights!

Congrats man! Welcome to the 410 club. You will love it.

1 yours may work fine without any said break in.

2 there are most certainly 3" slugs, I use Barnaul, there is also Brenneke and maybe S&B. Just do a search for .410 shotgun amunition 3" slugs or something lke that.

3 you can get the 2.5' mags from CDNN investments but first make sure your model of S410 is capable of firing 2.5 ammo. Mine is an old model and from what I understand is only set up to fire 3" shells, no matter what mag I put in it. I just got a 10 round mag that is supposed to feed both so I will report after trying some of the 2.5" ones.

Hope this helps

ivrfrkbrd- Sportsman' guide has the barnul steelhull 3" shells in #3buck and slugs. Very reasonable too! Does the LEFT side of the reciever say .410 magnum 3" in small lettering directly under SAIGA .410 in large lettering? If so it will not cycle 2.5" shells. If not it should cycle 2.5" shells from a mag that is labled 2.5". Hope that makes sense! If you cannot find any PM me I have one and it does not do me any good, the wife's .410 is the old model. We didn't get a chance to try the wife's .410 before converting it, but since it has functioned perfectly from the first shot. I believe that break-in issues are caused by lack of cleaning before use. These are made by a military contractor and the gun is shipped with heavy grease in the firindpin channel-also some are rather heavily fired at the factory- both the standard PROOF rounds, and rounds to tune the gas pinton length. The wife's was plenty dirty.

G O B

Thanks Cobra 76 Two and G.O.B. for answering my queries. I did break her down and cleaned it and noticed that the shipping oil was sludge. I took her to my range and it hung-up on the second shot,but after that it performed flawlessly as I put a box of #4's 3" through it.

It must be one of the older models as you said G.O.B. for the 3" Magnum stamp was there where you said it would be. The serial number begins with a 95 so I assume that this is the production date. Am I to understand that you have an extra mag G.O.B.?

My daughters are both excited by this little jewel and I'm pleased with the low recoil. Thanks for the help.!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn scary thread. I live in PA..got lots of sqeeters and ticks in my back yard..and 4 little kids. I spray and pray but you can't NOT get bit from a tick or a few dozen sqeeters around here.

Anyhoo..I looking to trade my S410 and buy a S12 sooner or later. I bought the 410 for the kids but they have longer to go til they rate a semi than I will live.

I did the conversion..Trigger guard I did crappy..needs a weld at the front..I didn't care about looks...just function. I have 2-10 round mags that still are in the bags. If I can locate another 12 I'll be selling the 410.

• 5 weeks later...