I'll play.

What is it?

An AR-15 Duh.

Only non standard parts are the lower, magwells, and barrel nut/rail system all made by MGI. Everything else are standard AR parts.

I assembled it myself.

Edited by KrisFox

Looks cool as hell man. Any feed issues with the magwells being separate from the receiver? How tight does it all lock up?

No feed issues, lock up between upper and lower is solid with no annoying rattle common to other ARs.

Is it a MGI I have been looking at them but didn't know any one who has got one to see how they shoot. I talked to them at a gun show it Greensburg PA this spring and they were bulit great and everything was easy to change out but I never shoot one. Is that a 9mm or 45acp and do you have any feeding problems and is the bakelite mag 5.45 or is it a 7.62 bakelite mag I was looking to go 45acp/5.45x39/5.56 , But that is a great looking outfit you are one lucky man. I am jealous.cry.gif

Edited by SCHULTZE

Is it a MGI I have been looking at them but didn't know any one who has got one to see how they shoot. I talked to them at a gun show it Greensburg PA this spring and they were bulit great and everything was easy to change out but I never shoot one. Is that a 9mm or 45acp and do you have any feeding problems and is the bakelite mag 5.45 or is it a 7.62 bakelite mag I was looking to go 45acp/5.45x39/5.56 , But that is a great looking outfit you are one lucky man. I am jealous.cry.gif

No feed probs.

Kit is grease gun mags for 45 ACP

I shoot 5.45 with a S&W 5.45 barrel and mags.

Nice!! Is part of that the Grendel upper I sold you?

Yep, the barrel on the bottom right.

The rest of that upper completed the 5.56 AR-15 that I gave my girl friend for Christmas.

And a +1 on that sale. Great deal.

The rest of that upper completed the 5.56 AR-15 that I gave my girl friend for Christmas.

Thanks, I'm glad you're happy with it. My brother bought the setup and then all the ammo dried up, shortly after you bought it, he wound up buying a 556. He wants to get the Mega upper and lower set, next... http://230grain.com/showthread.php?t=67020

I just finished an AR pistol in .22, I'll post pictures later this week.

Edited by vbrtrmn

Looks good, all you need now is a folding stock! ... oh, right.

Still, quite the setup, even if it still is an AR-15, and i spent a while hanging out at the MGI booth at the SAR show, the product is great, and definitely long overdue. i can definately see a receiver with the AK magwell in my future.

An AR for the girlfriend!!!! Now that's love. If she enjoys shooting it you should consider marriage.......or running! LOL!

Still, quite the setup, even if it still is an AR-15, and i spent a while hanging out at the MGI booth at the SAR show, the product is great, and definitely long overdue. i can definately see a receiver with the AK magwell in my future.

I have a folding stock mech on order. It will work with the 22 kit.

I'm also working on a hybrid gas system that would allow me to use a folding stock.

• Like 1

:eek::wub:

I didn't know Mega was coming out with monolithic railed uppers. They look awesome. I love Mega products. I have a Mega (regular non-billet) lower. As much as I'm a "guns are tools" type of guy........Mega lowers have the nicest finish I've ever seen. Plus, I love the atom symbol rollmark.

I have a folding stock mech on order. It will work with the 22 kit.

I'm also working on a hybrid gas system that would allow me to use a folding stock.

Hells yeah, thats the spirit. multi-caliber without that spring tube rattling around next to your head, and you would be the man.