Looks good.

Is this going to be for storage, or for lining up your firepower at a range?

Going to be mounted to the top of a heavy duty bookself that house my ammo in my secure room / armory.

Nice!

I can't wait until I own my own house, so I can have a "gun room". Right now.........I have a "gun closet"........and it's only 1/2 a closet :cryss: .

Looking forward to the completed pics of your setup.

I made mine very similar to how yours is set up. I got a large roll of multipurpose indoor/outdoor short-pile carpeting and tacked it all over to increase the padding. I also ended up making some "blocks" with the same carpeting on them for the purpose of bringing all the rifles up to the same level, as some rifle lengths just don't wanna fit correctly.

I made mine very similar to how yours is set up. I got a large roll of multipurpose indoor/outdoor short-pile carpeting and tacked it all over to increase the padding. I also ended up making some "blocks" with the same carpeting on them for the purpose of bringing all the rifles up to the same level, as some rifle lengths just don't wanna fit correctly.

I'd like to see a pic.

I plan on carpeting the base with a padded carpet left over from my office construction

and lining the barrel notches with black felt. I also considered imbedding magnets in the barrel notches

for extra hold but I have not made up my mind on that. (probably overkill) The rest will be golden oak.

Looks nice. You use a router to cut those slots or a hole saw and then a hand saw to open it up? I made a rack for my fishing poles in a similar way, just oriented horizontally instead of vertically.

Sorry for the late reply. Hole saw and hand saw for the slots.

Here it is ready for the finish.

post-15138-12640018417261_thumb.jpg