Robinson Arms sues Magpul, Remington, Bushmaster, and RRA

Hmmm....

I never really noticed that either the mag release or the BHO on my LAR-8 was particularly noteworthy.

Just seemed like another (ho-hum...) button or two, I thought....Who knew?

Respectfully,

guido

This is most likely a stupid law suit based on the Apple "look-Feel" case. Perhaps a lawyer among us has a more informed opinion? I was really considering a Robinson Arms, now not so much...

You know, after seeing the ridiculous MSRP of the ACR, feeling how huge and blocky the SCAR is, and now this fiasco.... I am tempted to go out and build a good old fashioned, direct impingement AR-15. Would you believe they've been making these things for 40+ years and they actually work? :lol:

I would have to read their patent to see what they used for referance.... Ok after a little reading, it seems they are going by the mag releases location on the firearm.

I'd never waste money on a patent. There are few orginal ideas anyway, and if you come up with something really revelutionary there is likely another way to do that same thing another way that won't be a violation of patent.

So if you see something of mine you like to copy.. Feel free to say thanks when you copy it.

Edited by csspecs
  • Like 1

Everything they're suing for being stolen from them they stole from the FN-FAL. Because every new design quirk that somebody comes up with is just mating the AR-15 and FAL. Massive fucking fail.

+1 I was in the vault the other day looking at my rifles and bemoaning the fact that they've ALL got integral design flaws/issues due to the fact that they're ALL based on previous rifles instead of being designed from the ground up. Seems like every time someone designs a completely new weapon platform, something goes horribly wrong in the implementation.