Well last year was the first year that you could legally hunt wolves in the great state of Idaho, and some wolf advocate got a little sand in his vagina over it:

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=11903079

BOISE, Idaho. - A Boise wolf advocate has used a public records request to get the names of hunters who reported killing a wolf in Idaho and posted all 122 names on a Web site.

Rick Hobson also bought an ad in the Idaho Statesman that directed people to the Web site.

Hobson says his intention in getting the names from the Idaho Department of Fish and Game was not to cause the hunters to be targeted for harassment by wolf hunt opponents, but he says hunters who bagged wolves have by default inserted themselves into the debate.

Robert Millage is the state's first successful wolf hunter.

He says he's been dealing with harassment since he killed a wolf last September on the opening day of the season.

Here's the website that he posted on:

http://wildwolves.homeip.net/TagKills.html

Here's the website to his organization:

http://www.wolfcenter.org/default.aspx

And their email address is info@wolfcenter.org

I'm also told that Mr. Hobson is listed in Dex

Mr. Hobson,

This - http://wildwolves.homeip.net/TagKills.html Is pretty obviously an attempt to encourage citizens to harass these law abiding hunters. Will you be happy when one of these people is assaulted?

You are garbage wrapped in skin.

-Shane

I wonder if this guy knows that the wolves brought in from Canada to repopulate were infested with the Echinococcosis granulosus tapeworm which causes Hydatid disease. This disease can be spread fairly easily to deer, elk, bison and black bear populations, among others. The kicker is that the Idaho Department of Fish and Game didn't thoroughly test the imported wolves and failed to give hunters adequate warning that the disease was even here ...

The really bullshit part is that now even the natural wolf population in the U.S. is affected by the disease and there's no way to tell without testing which wolves have it and which don't.

Conservationists are some of the biggest fuckups ever to infest this country ...

I'm not a wolf hunter, I actually think they're cool but at this point there may not be any other choice than to hunt them to protect our other game animals from a disease that never should have been here in the first place ...

Wolves have a part in the natural ecosystem. They are a magnificent animal/hunter. And, like all animals, they need to be managed. Their populations have expanded to the point of needing thinning both in ID and MT (both have hunting seasons on them now). WY is also affected but I do not think they are allowing permitted hunting yet. The deer, elk, and bison (YNP) are all part of the wolves diet. People hate the wolf because they see the populations of those species decline. Others love the wolf for it's majestic beauty. Personally, I love to see wolves in the wild. The Mrs. and I saw one walk by at 75' this summer while picking huckleberries. I also like the taste of venison and elk meat so I have no problems with a season on them.

The guy is an idiot for posting the names of the hunters. He should be talking to his politicians and the FWP folks in his area if he really wants to change something.

It was nice here in Montana to see the first Wolf shot in the season was proudly displayed on the front page of the newspaper, in, believe it or not, a positive and proud way! F*#k his list! We are proud to be on the front page in a photo MotherF*#kers!

Be proud to stand up in what you believe in and these jokers will be seen as the losers they are!

• Like 1

I wonder if this guy knows that the wolves brought in from Canada to repopulate were infested with the Echinococcosis granulosus tapeworm which causes Hydatid disease. This disease can be spread fairly easily to deer, elk, bison and black bear populations, among others. The kicker is that the Idaho Department of Fish and Game didn't thoroughly test the imported wolves and failed to give hunters adequate warning that the disease was even here ...

The really bullshit part is that now even the natural wolf population in the U.S. is affected by the disease and there's no way to tell without testing which wolves have it and which don't.

Conservationists are some of the biggest fuckups ever to infest this country ...

I'm not a wolf hunter, I actually think they're cool but at this point there may not be any other choice than to hunt them to protect our other game animals from a disease that never should have been here in the first place ...

Over here in WA we have 2 known wolf packs in the state. They are planning on increasing that number to 15 packs! I see a season coming up in a few years..... For me, if I see 'em, SSS.

Since this asshole isn't the only one to enjoy the benefit of "Public Records" ... :unsure:

Richard M Hobson

Rick Hobson lives at parents house.

His email is onward@cableone.net

His home number is 208-344-3325

His home file system is http://wildwolves.homeip.net/

Born in 1959, Boise High class of 1978

Clifford Gene & Nora Hobson

1148 Santa Maria Dr

Boise, Id 83712

Nora (7/31/1923 - 10/04/2009)

Brother's David(1943) & Bob(1947)

His work number is 208-429-1697

Western Watershed

1320 West Franklin Street

Boise, Idaho

westernwatersheds.org

Apologies to the mods if this crosses any line ...

I have heard reports about wolves in northern utah coming down from idaho.

I have also heard rumors about open season on them like yotes...

I like wolves, but I also don't want them hanging out in my backyard...

ETA: I ran into some wolves in yellow stone in the wild years ago, I will never forget the big black ones eyes... chills down my spine... :eek: I was just glad I was in a car...

Edited by Gibbles

So Dick is 51 and still living with the parents. That otta tell you something about him. rolleyes.gif If the season last long enough maybe my name will be on that list one of these days.

As for the wolf, they're off the endangered list so it's time to manage the population. I'd bet most of the huggers have never seen a wolf in the wild. IMO they're not the supernatural beasts like the Animal Planet documentries would like you to believe.