ACE SKELETON STOCK

I prefer the DPH to the ACE as well. I have had both, but mainly for cosmetics, I like the look of the solid billet. Both are super strong though, and will probably outlast the rifle itself. I also like the QD swivel attachment point that DPH integrated at rear of the stock. Same price, but I recommend DPH as the better product for the money.

I recommend the ACE Ultra Lite stock. I have one on my S-12 and it works beautifully. One nice feature of this particular stock is that it comes with an overly-long, (for most people anyway), tube, which you then cut for whatever LOP you'd prefer. Also, the aluminum tube has ample storage space within it, if you care to use it, (you could hide your weed in there, man! :D ). Here are a couple pics:

s12asof12510.th.jpg

s12asof12610.th.jpg

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

They are great!

Yea That looks just like the one I'll get if I go with the ACE except that my gun is not converted. If I can install a bullet guide to use cheaper ak mags I would like to do that. At this point I'm happy with the trigger the way it is. Is your stock a folder?

I'm thinking of going with an Ace folder too. I hope you dont mind if I throw in a related question on your thread.

As far as the internal receiver blocks go there is an Ace and a DPH one. The DPH straightens the angle of the stock I beleive. Correct me if I'm wrong but the AKs original design has a bit of a downward angle to the stock. Does the new angle of a DPH reciever block effect any kind of function? I have a 4x posp, would it make the scope too low? or is the difference negligible? I prefer the look of the straight line stocks.

Thanks

*edit*

Or do both blocks change the angle?

Edited by kope007

I'm thinking of going with an Ace folder too. I hope you dont mind if I throw in a related question on your thread.

As far as the internal receiver blocks go there is an Ace and a DPH one. The DPH straightens the angle of the stock I beleive. Correct me if I'm wrong but the AKs original design has a bit of a downward angle to the stock. Does the new angle of a DPH reciever block effect any kind of function? I have a 4x posp, would it make the scope too low? or is the difference negligible? I prefer the look of the straight line stocks.

Thanks

*edit*

Or do both blocks change the angle?

They both look pretty straight in the pics of them I've seen of them on rifles. I also have wandered about the angle because I have a red/green dot scope on a side mount picatinny rail and I want to make sure it lines up with my scope.

They are great!

Yea That looks just like the one I'll get if I go with the ACE except that my gun is not converted. If I can install a bullet guide to use cheaper ak mags I would like to do that. At this point I'm happy with the trigger the way it is. Is your stock a folder? would definately

Yes it has the folder and the external adapter. A lot of folks don't care for the adapter but I like the extra length it provides. I would definately recommend converting your Saiga it makes the rifle feel much more balanced and the trigger is way better.

I went with the DPH I didnt want any plastic on the stock you might want to give it a once over. I can post a pic of it on my rifle tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but what plastic? I'm holding an Ace skeleton stock in my hands right now and there sure is not any plastic parts on it. It's all solid aluminum. Also, this Ace stock was $5 cheaper and unlike the DPH, came with a 1" recoil pad.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I just got my Ace stock, a folding mechanism (non push-button type) and trigger holes screw in type of internal receiver block from CSS. I might be because I'm a bit tired and buzzed on beer, but I'm having a little difficulty figuring out exactly how the folding mechanism mounts. Can it be mounted to fold either to the left or right, or what? Can somebody with the same setup please post a picture of a close-up of the backside of a gun with the stock folded, please? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but what plastic? I'm holding an Ace skeleton stock in my hands right now and there sure is not any plastic parts on it. It's all solid aluminum. Also, this Ace stock was $5 cheaper and unlike the DPH, came with a 1" recoil pad.

Sorry I meant the hollow aluminum tube. I wanted the stock to be solid and if need be to be able to crack skulls break down doors and cause havoc without fear of it being broken in the process. I kinda of felt the hollow aluminum tube could be a weak point if used in such a manner.

I have been looking into getting an ACE, after looking at the ACE, DPH, and Tromix, I decided for me and for the money the ACE would be best, if anyone has one and doesn't like the "hollowness" of it, I will take it off your hands.

"I'm sorry, but what plastic? I'm holding an Ace skeleton stock in my hands right now and there sure is not any plastic parts on it. It's all solid aluminum. Also, this Ace stock was $5 cheaper and unlike the DPH, came with a 1" recoil pad."

Sorry I meant the hollow aluminum tube. I wanted the stock to be solid and if need be to be able to crack skulls break down doors and cause havoc without fear of it being broken in the process. I kinda of felt the hollow aluminum tube could be a weak point if used in such a manner.

I believe that, if you were to use your stock in such a manner, the screws used to attach it would become the weak point.

Here is my Arsenal SGL21 with Ace 9.5" folding stock and internal block

Your rifle looks great, man! :up:

I have a SGL21 as well, (in case anyone didn't yet know that :rolleyes: ), and I like ACE folders, but I don't know if I can bring myself to hack the "tang" off of this beauty. :eek:

I had no problem doing so on my S-12.. and now that I think of it, the S-12 cost more... but I have a special reverence for my SGL21, she's just so perfect lookin with a plum Warsaw stock and handguards. :wub:

Also, the Warsaw length makes a folder less necessary, even for transport. She's pretty short as she is... and with the current setup, I can deliver a mean butt-stroke.. not so much with the folders. I'm still undecided. :unsure:

I have a SGL21 as well, (in case anyone didn't yet know that :rolleyes: ), and I like ACE folders, but I don't know if I can bring myself to hack the "tang" off of this beauty. :eek:

I had no problem doing so on my S-12.. and now that I think of it, the S-12 cost more... but I have a special reverence for my SGL21, she's just so perfect lookin with a plum Warsaw stock and handguards. :wub:

Also, the Warsaw length makes a folder less necessary, even for transport. She's pretty short as she is... and with the current setup, I can deliver a mean butt-stroke.. not so much with the folders. I'm still undecided. :unsure:

I know how you feel about taking a dremel to your SGL21. Everything about that rifle is almost perfect, even the surprisingly good factory finish. I mentioned just receiving an Ace folder setup in this thread, but that's actually for my S12. I did just order a Bulgarian "no mods", AKS style triangle stock for the SGL21 though, mainly because Midway USA has it on clearance sale, for much less than the $170 it typically goes for.

The "ACE Original Side Folding Skeleton Stock" uses a 3/4" solid Delrin rod as the upper tube, it says so on their site. I've also taken them apart, until I did I always thought they were aluminum like the first ones, the older types used a 5/8" aluminum tube with a plastic cover ...

My feeling exactly. I have an SGL20 in plum and I feel that removing the plum stock is a no-no. I've decided not to mess with the Arsenal but will instead keep restoring Saigas with all of the other options I like.

The "ACE Original Side Folding Skeleton Stock" uses a 3/4" solid Delrin rod as the upper tube, it says so on their site. I've also taken them apart, until I did I always thought they were aluminum like the first ones, the older types used a 5/8" aluminum tube with a plastic cover ...

After looking at and feeling the stock closer, I do now see that it's plastic (Delrin). It seems like pretty tough stuff though.

After looking at and feeling the stock closer, I do now see that it's plastic (Delrin). It seems like pretty tough stuff though.

Delrin is tough, it'll hold up. I'm taking one and replacing the Delrin with an aluminum tube with a mercury recoil reducer silver soldered inside it ...

It's ok. I have a spare SGL21 that I am keeping fully stock.

Edited by JIMMYR

It's ok. I have a spare SGL21 that I am keeping fully stock.