After shooting a 10 rd mag I locked the bolt to the rear and noticed that the BHO spring had fallen off. Now the bolt won't release forward. Does anyone remove their BHO or have a way to prevent this from happening. I like my BHO but I don't want that to happen again at a critical time and render my S-12 useless. 010.gif

After shooting a 10 rd mag I locked the bolt to the rear and noticed that the BHO spring had fallen off. Now the bolt won't release forward. Does anyone remove their BHO or have a way to prevent this from happening. I like my BHO but I don't want that to happen again at a critical time and render my S-12 useless. 010.gif

you can throw it away or notch the BHO so the spring has a place to "rest"

i just had this happen to me last weekend!!! i removed mine and and put in a washer. but have been pondering doing the notch and reinstaling it...

Hey was it ruff gettin the bolt out? it took me and a buddy around a half hour to get the bastard out!!!

Your BHO spring should have been anchored by the trigger group axis pin. I have seen conversions where they have been shoved in place instead of being properly anchored. If it's gone you are in luck, if memory serves, either CSS or MAA or both carry BHO springs.

You need to anchor the BHO spring by placing the trigger group axis pin through the center of the loop and then pushing it down into place as you push the pin forward and into the hole on the right side of the receiver. Once the BHO spring is in place, take a hooked tool like a dental pick, grab the rearward end of the spring lift up and pull back into place on the BHO.

It may take a couple of attempts but you'll get it back in in place.

Good luck

Your BHO spring should have been anchored by the trigger group axis pin. I have seen conversions where they have been shoved in place instead of being properly anchored. If it's gone you are in luck, if memory serves, either CSS or MAA or both carry BHO springs.

You need to anchor the BHO spring by placing the trigger group axis pin through the center of the loop and then pushing it down into place as you push the pin forward and into the hole on the right side of the receiver. Once the BHO spring is in place, take a hooked tool like a dental pick, grab the rearward end of the spring lift up and pull back into place on the BHO.

Good luck

Interesting angle... The question stated "fell off"

I interpret that as the spring leg that rests on the tab on the BHO having become unseated from its intended posision therefore no longer exerting pressure to keep the BHO pressed down & disengaged.

You interpreted it as the whole thing fell out.

Both are perfectly logical interpretations from the question...

I guess I have a touch more faith in the average intellect of man, as not to even consider that such a bone-head move would have been be made in the first place.

I'm still young & an idealist, I suppose.

The older i get, the more I learn that one can NEVER underestimate the ability of a person to screw up. I guess you're just a little farther down that path than I. ^_^

I know that Waite had

though, so I think this time the axis pin is installed through the BHO spring. Edited by Paulyski

I guess I have a touch more faith in the average intellect of man, as not to even consider that such a bone-head move would have been be made in the first place.

The older i get, the more I learn that one can NEVER underestimate the ability of a person to screw up. I guess you're just a little farther down that path than I. ^_^

:lolol: I figure if someone screwed it up that bad: They did it to themselves and deserve whatever life lesson they get from it.

Edited by hobbyshooter
  • Like 1

Good luck

I interpret that as the spring leg that rests on the tab on the BHO having become unseated from its intended posision therefore no longer exerting pressure to keep the BHO pressed down & disengaged.

I know that Waite had

though, so I think this time the axis pin is installed through the BHO spring.

:lolol: I figure if someone screwed it up that bad they did it to themselves and deserve whatever life lesson they get from it.

+1

LOL yeah, the spring is pinned in. Just the leg fell off. I'll try to notch the lever and see how that works. I really like this feature on the gun. Thanks -Waite

its funny, i thought id be cool with just livin without it but it really dose help...

Good luck

I know that Waite had

though, so I think this time the axis pin is installed through the BHO spring.

Paul. When I worked on ViperRy's gun, his S12 had been to three shops for "repair". During our initial conversations ViperRy explained that upon returning, the gun had never cycled. The details are in my initial repair report on the gun, down loadable as a PDF, so there is no need to go into a great deal of depth here.

The long and the short of it is, that although ViperRy had a working BHO, the spring had been shoved down into the receiver and was wedged rather than anchored. Had the gun actually cycled, it would not have taken long for the BHO spring to have literally fallen out.

I don't know whether this was intentional, or an oversight by someone who worked on the gun, however that issue was discovered and corrected along with many others.

When I read this thread, that was the scenario that came to mind, and I interpreted the original poster's issue to be that his BHO spring was missing.

So there you have it:)

Michael

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: I ended-up using a 1/4'' SAE washer, between the receiver and the BHO, and haven't had so much as a hic-up with the gun in over 2000rds. I've tried to jam this gun up, since all my mods, and i've had no problems, so far. Hope this helps. -

Yeah I ended up having to add a washer between the hammer and the bho lever to keep the lever from slipping up past the receiver rails. I bought one of the tromix modified fcg and apparently someone modified the hammer a 1/16" a little too much. Well the washer did the trick and now the bho lever rides parallel to the side of the receiver with no excess slop that will allow it to slide past the rail causing the bolt to become lodged in the rearward position becoming a pain to disassemble. I guess I will jb weld the washer to the hammer so it will make installation easier so I don't have to line up the hammer, washer, lever, when installing the axis pin. I would just buy an unmodified tapco but I have already re-shaped and polished the hammer and don't feel like doing it again with a new one.