I bought a half case plus a box from Sportsman's Guide and was able to use one of my coupons so it totaled $108 for 550 rounds but I have to wait until June 1 for it to get off backorder and I want to go shooting sooner then that. Copes distributing seems to be the next best I can find at $14 a box plus $7.95 shipping. Any other ideas???

Bought last 2 cases From SGAmmo. Was best deal both times. shipping has always been reasonable. Same ballpark as Sportsmans Guide. Still have 3 cases on backorder there also. Eventually get it. :smoke: P.S. Copes and AIM. Just see who has what when I want it.

Edited by Ruffian72

Become friendly with the sporting good clerk at Wal Mart. Find out when shipments are due in, and be there at least 45 minutes in advance of when the shelves are stocked. It's around $9 a box of 50 (Blazer). Or $22 a hundred pack (Winchester). The sought after ammo is usually gone within 15 to 20 minutes, and there will be others who will buy every last round if they can, so don't be bashful!

Good luck!

Thanks guys...looked at everything and even called called Wall-mart and Big 5 but finally bought a few hundred rounds from SGammo.com. That will get me thought another match or two and I can always shoot 45acp. I am really surprised this is the third time I have bought something from Sportsman's Guide (even though I am waiting until this summer) and each time no one has been able to touch their price...twice on ammo and once on their Voodoo gun case.

AIMSurplus usually has good prices on ammo. I'm not sure if you mind Wolf, but they have that (115gr/FMJ) for $9.95/box of 50. Well, I just double checked, and they are sold out, but keep checking it. They usually have a decent supply of 9mm. I got 1K rounds of 9mm Brown Bear from them awhile back. Cheapest I could find anywhere at the time, but I don't remember the exact price. They have some other 9mm listed right now (all decently priced) but I didn't check if it's in stock.

Palmetto State Armory is another good place for ammo, too. $209 for a 1K round case of Blazer 9mm right now. Most other 9mm is out of stock right now, though. But just like AIM, keep checking it. It comes and goes.

I've dealt with both places, and both are top notch companies.

Yep, Wally World is hard to beat. You can usually get Winchester White Box or Blazer there for reasonable prices.

Other than that, see if your local gun shop or distributor can hook you up with a bulk purchase. Let them know you're committed to buying a BUNCH, maybe go in with some friends and commit to a couple thousand rounds.

Another +1 on Wally World... Just stopped in tonight, two 50rnd boxes of Federal 124gr FMJ @$9.47, two 15rnd boxes of Winchester Super X 12g 1oz rifled slugs @ $8.97 and a 100rnd Federal Bulk 12g #8 @ $22.97.

Online I like, Surplusammo, Ammunitiontogo, Sportsmansguide & AIM.

But, first I always check here, http://gun-deals.com...liber=9mm+Luger .

Edited by ChileRelleno