Some times the magic works

Just got a CGW basic conversion. Scaned all the goodies I want to add. Scaned all the how-tos on polishing, checking gas ports ect. Lubed till dripping and prepared myself for putting all the how-tos into effect, Dremel here I come. Then...

I found out my son had some 5 year old Wally World Winchester Universals. Loaded 5 rds. into the Ish. mag. and did a mag dump.

Every thing worked perfectly. Thanks to CGW, thanks to the AK gods and I'm going to go inside now because its dark.

That's the sweet Saiga Sweetness :)

I was at the range the other day, running my S-12, when a couple of younger guys started looking into my lane. I could hear them with my electronic head set "Wow, Dad, come look at this shotgun! It's got magazines like an AK!"

Dad glances over and says: "Come on back, your 870 police model is way better then that. You don't want one of those, they jam all the time."

I couldn't resist. I leaned out an said "Yeah, Saiga's suck. You don't want one."

Welcome to the club!

That's the sweet Saiga Sweetness smile.gif

I was at the range the other day, running my S-12, when a couple of younger guys started looking into my lane. I could hear them with my electronic head set "Wow, Dad, come look at this shotgun! It's got magazines like an AK!"

Dad glances over and says: "Come on back, your 870 police model is way better then that. You don't want one of those, they jam all the time."

I couldn't resist. I leaned out an said "Yeah, Saiga's suck. You don't want one."

Welcome to the club!

To bad you didn't have a couple of MD 20 rd's drums loaded to rip off a few 20 rd mag dumps as fast as you could just to show the Fudd how "bad" the saigas are 021.gif nuthin like making a fool look like an ass in front of his own son 011.gif .

I did that.

Last time I went out I had all my mags & drum loaded up & ready to rock.

There was a group of guys set up & I got the same look.... <_<

Then I dumped 62 rounds downrange as fast as I could pull the trigger & swap mags.

The look changed. :mellow::huh::eek:

I had the guys there shooting the thing soon after.

They got a kick out of it.

:smoke:

Edit:

Unfortunately, nobody had talked crap beforehand though.

Edited by Paulyski

Mine ran great after my conversion except FTE issues with one Surefire 12 rounder. Should cycle like butter after Cobra 76 two finishes my bolt, carrier, and. FCG! I don't shoot at a public range but may have to visit a couple to get that reaction.

Edited by MT Predator

I've never found a round my first S-12 wouldn't fire other than Win universal.

of course I never tried any of the non-lethal stuff... I'm sure that would have same results.

And really, I couldn't be happier. I use federal, and when i can find it remington.