Got a new saiga with a threaded muzzle, all 3 barrel notches, no step,

and real functional muzzle brake all for six benjamins and change. Not a bad deal considering a nearby pawn shop has stock RAA unconverted saigas marked up

to $550 for a 7.62x39. I couldn't wait to replace the pistol grip for a bulgarian saw version.

2ppm26u.jpg

2rwlzbn.jpg

As far as the fuzzy critter, it might have crawled out of the box. Must be a Los Vegas dessert varmint that got trapped in the shipping box while chewing on the black polymer from the 5 round mag that came with the rifle. Not sure what to do with it.

that is a arsenal right? it comes with all that from factory

Its Arsenal's Saiga restoration to a similar but not identical AK103 style clone.

I guess if they don't weld up any holes that would imply it was imported with nearly all the evil hardware minus the compliance parts.

Anyway, I am glad to have one and couldn't be more happy with it.

Edited by my762buzz

Jesus, y'all are actin as if it's the first time you've seen an SGL21... :huh:

That's a decent price for one, 762buzz. I bought mine last fall; a SGL21-62, (plum furniture with Warsaw stock), for $505. :smoke:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Its Arsenal's Saiga restoration to a similar but not identical AK103 style clone.

I guess if they don't weld up any holes that would imply it was imported with nearly all the evil hardware minus the compliance parts.

Anyway, I am glad to have one and couldn't be more happy with it.

The rifles are not welded. Its a real bitch to fill in holes (Im doing it now with one of my rifles), and Arseanl would just use plugs if thats how they received them... However, I suspect the SGL series leaves Izhmash and lands in Bulgaria before making its way to Nevada. Direct importation from Mother Russia with the afore mentioned "evil features" is a no no.

yeh they land in bulgaria from russia, alright.

there has been some back-discussion about how similar the "us" parts in there appear to be identical to the "bulgarian made" parts, as well. I suppose they mighta brought the FCG tooling/molds over to the states or something.

• 2 weeks later...

yeh they land in bulgaria from russia, alright.

there has been some back-discussion about how similar the "us" parts in there appear to be identical to the "bulgarian made" parts, as well. I suppose they mighta brought the FCG tooling/molds over to the states or something.

The Arsenal company in Las Vegas makes US made Bulgarian replica furniture right there in Las vegas.

right from the website

http://www.arsenalinc.com/faq.htm

Q: Is Arsenal Inc. and Arsenal Co. of Bulgaria the same company?

A: Arsenal Inc. of Las Vegas, Nevada is not the same company as Arsenal Co. of Kazanlak, Bulgaria. Arsenal Inc. manufactures their own products and is the exclusive distributor for Arsenal Co. products.

^ I wouldn't worry about BVamp's, (understandable) envy/conspiracy theory. I'm sure Arsenal/K-Var does have the "finishing work" done in Bulgaria before shipping them here. Bulgaria doesn't have the same US importation restrictions that Russia does.

The blame lies with Clinton and is manifested in the BATFE.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

^ I wouldn't worry about BVamp's, (understandable) envy/conspiracy theory.

Not a conspiracy.

I s'pose not. It's very simple. Arsenal, (whatever you may think of them), has the Legion contract.. and partners in Bulgaria, which is what allows the SGL series of rifles to be sold as they are.