some pics and a few questions

whats with the sliver 4 ans the number 2 on the bottom

also was it a good deal for $100???

S5032068.jpg

S5032067.jpg

S5032066.jpg

S5032065.jpg

S5032064.jpg

Those are the arsenal Storage marks (the silver stamp) and mold series marks (the 2).

Yes they are worth 100 as they are only imported the way you got them.

Edited by bigsal

yeah I got some ATF letter with it saying it was legal because it was under $100 total

Yeah congrats on the mags. Let me know if you wanna part with them!

may have to depending on how my transmission rebuild goes...but I am hoping to be able to hang on to these and my ak-100 folder...dont want to dip into the savings when I have gun parts laying around

Full size Russian factory mags. Not easy to get since there are some restrictions on exporting Russian high-capacity magazines for civilian use if I recall.

I didn't realize that rusmilitary would ship them to the US.

Jigga:> There are a few guys from the Ukraine who sell on eBay and Gunbroker that will also ship Russian kit here. There is usually no price discount. Everything is expensive because they have a captive market....

Donk:> if you are running into money problems and want to part with one of them, in order to keep the other one for your build let me know. I will pay exactly what you paid plus cover the cost of shipping to me. I hate ordering shit from England and I would gladly loose a few $$$ for the convenience of the product already being state side!

$100 for two AK mags?!?

yes it is a little ridiculous...I always stick to circle 10'a or cheap steels

I mean, I understand paying the big $$$ for some Russian Saiga 12 eight rouders, because they are the only combat-grade mags out there for that platform, but there are several much more affordable options available for the 7.62x39 mm platform. Like you suggested, there ain't nothing wrong with Circle 10s and mil surplus steel mags. I suppose some people are just collectors and are obsessed with authenticity.

They're pricy, but I prefer the original stuff.

I could get them straight from Russia, but they would also cost me 50 usd + shipping, so it's not worth the trouble.

Looking forward to receiving them !

Have a great weekend.

A

Other than being produced in a country other than Russia, I fail to see how Bulgarian "circle-10" poly mags are not superior to these, since they have the waffle texture, making them easier to handle.

That said, I'd buy some of these Izhmash poly mags if they weren't quite so expensive and a pain-in-the-ass to acquire, (2 at a time from an overseas business).

Since circle-10's are about half the price and there are no bizarre ATF hoops to jump through, I have to prefer those.

Cool mags though, Donkismash. :up:

Other than being produced in a country other than Russia, I fail to see how Bulgarian "circle-10" poly mags are not superior to these, since they have the waffle texture, making them easier to handle.

That said, I'd buy some of these Izhmash poly mags if they weren't quite so expensive and a pain-in-the-ass to acquire, (2 at a time from an overseas business).

Since circle-10's are about half the price and there are no bizarre ATF hoops to jump through, I have to prefer those.

I agree 100% :up:

Sometime we need to do a thread that debates textured magazines vs smooth side. Personally, I think the slabsides move in and out of pouches/vests quicker than the waffles. I don't know if the waffle patterns down-side is componsated by its easy of handling outside the pouch.... Anyway, the debate needs to happen, tests need to take place... :eek:

Sometime we need to do a thread that debates textured magazines vs smooth side. Personally, I think the slabsides move in and out of pouches/vests quicker than the waffles. I don't know if the waffle patterns down-side is componsated by its easy of handling outside the pouch.... Anyway, the debate needs to happen, tests need to take place... :eek:

C'mon Sal, you own several circle-10's, so you know as well as I do that there are no sharp corners, (only rounded ones), on the waffle texture. They slide by one another quite easily.. find a pocket and try it. ;)

I think the waffle texture offers a handling advantage in all conditions, but especially in rain and sub-zero temperatures, that more than compensates for whatever extremely slight disadvantage it has when being taken out of a mag pouch.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

C'mon Sal, you own several circle-10's, so you know as well as I do that there are no sharp corners, (only rounded ones), on the waffle texture. They slide by one another quite easily.. find a pocket and try it. ;)

I think the waffle texture offers a handling advantage in all conditions, but especially in rain and sub-zero temperatures, that more than compensates for whatever extremely slight disadvantage it has when being taken out of a mag pouch.

I think the waffle pattern adds a minute amount of drag. It simply must. Now, is it enough to warrent buying the slabsides as superior? No, I still agree the textured pattern on the C10 is best for handling once outside the pouch.

What we need to do is figure out how to measure pouch drag.

I think the waffle pattern adds a minute amount of drag. It simply must. Now, is it enough to warrent buying the slabsides as superior? No, I still agree the textured pattern on the C10 is best for handling once outside the pouch.

You do that. I'll just buy some more circle-10s, (easily, unlike the ridiculous hassle necessary to buy Izhmash mags). They're half the price, at least as solid and reliable, and are better looking. ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I can just imagine a debriefing in some dusty third world headquarters going kind of like this: "General, we had to retreat! The enemy was equipped with magazines that had a lower pouch drag than ours. The lower pouch drag with the resultant increase in reloading speed, demoralized our troops, and left us unable to match their now superior firepower. Sir, we must immediately address this magazine pouch drag gap."

You do that. I'll just buy some more circle-10s, (easily, unlike the ridiculous hassle necessary to buy Izhmash mags). They're half the price, at least as solid and reliable, and are better looking. ;)

I can just imagine a debriefing in some dusty third world headquarters going kind of like this: "General, we had to retreat! The enemy was equipped with magazines that had a lower pouch drag than ours. The lower pouch drag with the resultant increase in reloading speed, demoralized our troops, and left us unable to match their now superior firepower. Sir, we must immediately address this magazine pouch drag gap."

Screw the both of you! This could be a major issue in terms of emergency reload. It could literally add up to 1/30th of a second or less.

Screw the both of you!

Ought oh, did I go too far? Will my yet unsullied "warn status" take a hit on this one? Crap, my attempt at humor may have offended some sensitivities. Then again in the words of my older sister to my younger sister when she got upset over a minor issue: "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it."

S5032065.jpg

Is there steel in the feed lips, front and rear lugs, or along the front spine?

not sure but I would say no..I got them because they are 30 rounders with the Izzy logo :killer:

I understand the collectability completely. I am just trying to figure out if these are the same commercial ones sold back in 2004 through EAA.

I think those were $30 a piece. The 12 gauge 8 rounders I can't remember if they had steel feedlips or steel lugs.

Edited by my762buzz

Screw the both of you!

Ought oh, did I go too far? Will my yet unsullied "warn status" take a hit on this one? Crap, my attempt at humor may have offended some sensitivities. Then again in the words of my older sister to my younger sister when she got upset over a minor issue: "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it."

lol! fantastic response!

S5032065.jpg

Is there steel in the feed lips, front and rear lugs, or along the front spine?

not sure but I would say no..I got them because they are 30 rounders with the Izzy logo :killer:

I understand the collectability completely. I am just trying to figure out if these are the same commercial ones sold back in 2004 through EAA.

I think those were $30 a piece. The 12 gauge 8 rounders I can't remember if they had steel feedlips or steel lugs.

They have steel lugs and lips, but lack the reinforcement along the spine (the C10's have the reinforcement).