How to fix a canted front sight?

Nothing against CGW, but I don't want to ship it out and I like to do things myself. I love a challenge and I'm taking the gas block off for gas work anyway.

So, how do I fix a canted sight. I have an idea for it, but would prefer the advice/opinion of someone who didn't get their first S12 last January, lol. I can make them run well, but haven't tried to fix a canted sight yet....

Any help/tips/advice appreciated.

File it off and install a set of krebs ghost ring sights. :devil:

Hi HS,

I like the Krebs units, but maybe I should rephrase it.... how do I fix a canted gas block? It's been a rough day.... I can't even ask a question right :lolol:

You don't have to take it off unless your gas ports will no longer line up if you straighten it.

As long as they still have room to breathe after getting it straight, all you need to do is knock the pins out, soak it in penetrating oil so it get in there between the GB and bbl, and twist it or knock it straight. Then if you have to you can drill some to reinstall the pins.

On some guns it can be turned some without even having to remove the pins.

• 9 months later...

I just recieved my new one from RAAC yesterday. Replaced in 7 days with polished bolt, they gave me a lighter spring, and a recoil pad. All I did was called and told them mine was canted!!

Edited by Yoshi

Mine was canted so far that when I straightened it I had to redrill a new port and weld up the one that got covered up. I redrilled the pin holes but but because of the old ones my block would shift back to its old position after several hundred rounds. Eventually I put a set screw in the block and that stopped it.

You don't have to take it off unless your gas ports will no longer line up if you straighten it.

As long as they still have room to breathe after getting it straight, all you need to do is knock the pins out, soak it in penetrating oil so it get in there between the GB and bbl, and twist it or knock it straight. Then if you have to you can drill some to reinstall the pins.

That's exactly what I did, except I used a piece of firewood to knock it straight :P

That's exactly what I did, except I used a piece of firewood to knock it straight :P

+1 brute force prevails when it comes to canted Saiga 12 gas blocks.