:ded: I should have known better than to purchase this POS... I just wasted $200 (kalinka) on a paper weight.

I was trying to get the scope to side onto my side rail and it was getting hung up, so while I was bending over trying to get the scope on/off correctly it slipped off and fell ~2 1/2' to on to my basement floor. It dented the top of the eyepiece side. I thought no biggie these scopes are supposed to be very tough, and I thought it was odd that such a light impact dented it.

Then I looked through it and I was looking at the bottom side of the sight picture in the scope in a sorta inverted 'D' shape (fuck).

So then I tried to straighten the scope back out with a rubber mallet and rubberized crescent wrench (I know, it's a bad idea but the scope is pretty well fucked already). And it just broke in half.

In summary, I've had $30 tasco scopes from walmart & NCstar scopes stand up to 10x the abuse that this piece of shit did. These scopes (PSO and POSP) and look tough and overbuilt but the weird metal it is made out of is heavy and weak. I thought I was making an investment in a quality optic that was rugged and tough like the AK but I was wrong. If you want an optic on an AK that is tough save your money for quality US glass.

post-10068-12745502428478_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12745502841577_thumb.jpg

post-10068-12745503353797_thumb.jpg

Quality Eastern Bloc glass is spelled IOR.

Rivals the best in the world, tough as nails (for real, not just BS)

JMHO....

guido

What do you mean? My forum-slang-fu is poor...

Wow, sorry Krom. Can you return it?

no, there is no warranty.... Atleast with cheapy scopes they have life time guarantee's so if/when they break you just return it for a new one.

No slang.

Was "IOR-Bucharesti", now "IOR-Valdada" quality Romanian optics that were once a well-kept Soviet secret.

Not cheap, but a steal for the quality level of military optics available. Generally just referred to as "IOR" glass.

They used to be available on ebay pretty regularly, lately they don't last long at reasonable prices, seems they aren't much of a secret anymore.

JMHO..

guido

Quality Eastern Bloc glass is spelled IOR.

Rivals the best in the world, tough as nails (for real, not just BS)

JMHO....

guido

What do you mean? My forum-slang-fu is poor...

Meh, mine has taken everything I've thrown at it. Of course I havn't dropped mine on concrete and then smashed it with a mallet...LOL! :rolleyes:

True, but I just don't think a light drop from 2ft should damage it to that degree (wasn't in half yet but the sight picture was totally F'd). The combination of heavy weight and weak cast construction is was the reason it bent/broke...

Hopefully yours gives you allot more durability and years of great service.

Maybe I got a lemon, the problem is that I cant send it back to the manufacturer for warranty work (before I broke it in half). So I'm just saying buyer beware, I'd like to only have to spend that much money on an optic once.

Meh, mine has taken everything I've thrown at it. Of course I havn't dropped mine on concrete and then smashed it with a mallet...LOL! :rolleyes:

Yep. I was thinking maybe he just had bad luck. Even Aimpoints break sometimes. In any event, I would think we need to hear more than one occurrence before we can conclude that all POSPs suck.