Your not home, your renting... No problem...

It has been debunked.

http://www.huliq.com/8738/can-census-workers-enter-your-home-without-your-permission

Census workers can't enter your home without permission

Readers of former U.S. Rep Bob Barr's (R-Ga.) blog "The Barr Code" at ajc.com might be forgiven for believing they can. After all, the headline on his May 26 entry flatly states, "Census workers can enter your apartment in your absence." But it just so happens that this flat statement is flat-out wrong.

Barr's blog goes on to state that census workers can demand access to individual living quarters to count residents and collect statistics, and that any owner, landlord or agent who refuses to grant that access can be fined $500. Citizens, he adds, can also be fined for failing to answer the "increasingly intrusive" questions on the census.

The only true statement in the above summary of what Barr wrote is that the fine for failing to cooperate with the decennial census count is $500. The rest of the summary, and the blog entry itself, is either twisted out of shape or grossly exaggerated.

The section of the Federal law governing the census does state that landlords and owners must give census workers access to apartment buildings, hotels, rooming houses, and similar facilities (including gated communities by inference), or provide the names of residents inside them, upon request, with a $500 fine for any owner who refuses to do either. The law does not permit, nor does the Census Bureau instruct, census workers to enter apartments or other dwellings in the absence of the inhabitants. In fact, census takers are trained not to enter residences even when the residents invite them in. The fine -- $25 at the time of the first census in 1790, $500 now -- is almost never levied against anyone.

I did not want to believe this article... Thankfully, its been thoroughly debunked.

Shame on Barr/Fox.

Uninvited entry=Trespasser=corpse.

Read up one post :smoke:

Hmm... Shoot the Government employee who trespasses on your property, and we can all see if they give you life in prison, the needle, or just destroy your life with civil wrongful death suits.

Get real. The mall ninja thread is a bit further down.

All we need is some moron killing somebody "Just doing their job" to be the poster child for another round of gun control, and political crackdowns on the rest of us.(Not that you wouldn't be right to do so. Morally, I say shoot the cops who try to shake you down for seatbelt ticket money. But in reality, it doesn't fly.)

Video the incident, keep your head, and crush the bastards in court and in the eyes of others.

Keep fishin. I'm not biting.

It is perfectly legal to defend yourself in your own home.

Are you on overtime? Or just a dedicated employee?

Go play in traffic.

Edited by patriot

Keep fishin. I'm not biting.

It is perfectly legal to defend yourself in your own home.

Are you on overtime? Or just a dedicated employee?

Go play in traffic.

Here is what you can look forward to if your little fantasy ever comes true...

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2009m2d5-Police-raid-victim-convicted-for-act-of-self-defense

...if you're lucky, and they don't just shoot you.

Knock yourself out there Toughguy.

When I got my census form I was surprised how short and unintrusive it was. I sent it in and now no census worker should be coming around anyway. In the grand scheme of things, its not a big deal to me.

Even if it were true........our landlord actually doesn't even have a key to our house. She's a friend of ours, and after we moved in, we changed the locks (her crazy ex-husband used to live here) and deducted it from the rent. We just haven't gotten around to giving her a copy of the key yet.