How about we save the money we would spend on new stationary alone, and give the guys some better gear, training, or support for their families?

Don't we have better things to do than play with letterhead?

These guys deserve our respect. They give their lives for us. They deserve the same respect as the soldiers airmen and seamen.

A Veteran is someone who in his life wrote a blank check made payable to The USA for an amount "up to and including my life"

Well, his surviving family deserves the respect and courtesy of that same letter. Sure, it's a small act, but it is important.

"For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Show some respect. It's the least you can do.

The Marine Corps is a department of the Navy....

Well if you don't know it, you don't rate.

...LMFAO yeah the "Men's Dept".

rofl

Man this brings back memories. Two of my old co-workers in my department of the company were both veterans. One guy was a Marine the other a Sailor. The Marine would constantly tell the Sailor he was in the Men's Department, holy shit did the Sailor used to get pissed :lolol: Good times, good times.

As an old salt, I have mixed feelings on this one. The Marines deserve all the respect that they have justly earned,BUT look at what happened to the Army Air Core when they cut them loose! Not only did they become a bunch of pansies, but the poor dog faced GI in the fox hole has an entire second Bureaucracy to deal with to get some close air support!

Sailors and Marines have the tightest love/hate relationship anywhere, and share more than space on ships. There is ONE academy that educates the 2, all medics are Sailors, our pilots train and work together and Marines do such a good job guarding naval bases that not a single one has ever been stolen! I am all for giving the Corps it propers, but we need to keep the working relationship TIGHT!

As an old salt, I have mixed feelings on this one. The Marines deserve all the respect that they have justly earned,BUT look at what happened to the Army Air Core when they cut them loose! Not only did they become a bunch of pansies, but the poor dog faced GI in the fox hole has an entire second Bureaucracy to deal with to get some close air support!

Sailors and Marines have the tightest love/hate relationship anywhere, and share more than space on ships. There is ONE academy that educates the 2, all medics are Sailors, our pilots train and work together and Marines do such a good job guarding naval bases that not a single one has ever been stolen! I am all for giving the Corps it propers, but we need to keep the working relationship TIGHT!

Hmmmm.... you make some incredible points here...

How about we save the money we would spend on new stationary alone, and give the guys some better gear, training, or support for their families?

Don't we have better things to do than play with letterhead?

These guys deserve our respect. They give their lives for us. They deserve the same respect as the soldiers airmen and seamen.

A Veteran is someone who in his life wrote a blank check made payable to The USA for an amount "up to and including my life"

Well, his surviving family deserves the respect and courtesy of that same letter. Sure, it's a small act, but it is important.

"For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Show some respect. It's the least you can do.

They get the letter... it just says "Department of the Navy".

I think showing real concern means spending our limited resources actually giving the Leathernecks and their families better tools and care to save their lives. Maybe with a better weapon, or that extra training day, fewer families will have to get that letter at all.

Maybe I'm confused about what is more important.