Video of Winchester Universal through Converted Saiga 12

i don`t have a saiga 12 yet,but am i correct in stating that a gunfixer gas is an adjustable gas setting and the twister puck is a part of the gas piston(end pice?);if not what is it and what does it do?nice video shoot!your shotgun worked flawlessly!looks like you have a great combination!

Mods:

Gunfixr Gas Plug (which was set on the most restrictive setting)

Polished Bolt Carrier and Hammer

CSS reduced power #1 recoil spring

Twister Puck

So it'll cycle cheap birdshot with the plug on the most restrictive setting? That would be way overgassed, wouldn't it? What happens when you shoot buckshot or slugs?

Bob......the gunfixr gas plug is an adjustable gas regulator. The factory plug has 2 settings on it. Setting 1 is for high base loads (buck and slug) and setting 2 is for cheap bird shot (stuff with not a lot of powder to cycle the action). The twister puck is a puck that goes into the gas cylinder and when a round is fired the gas pushes the puck against the bolt carrier and cycles the action. I have had it for a while and I think the only real benefit is that it cleans out the gas cylinder pretty good while firing. The Gunfixr plug however is great in that it has 4 settings a opposed to 2 so you can really tailor your saiga to what kinda shells you are firing.

As for the other post what I meant to say was that I had the plug on the setting which allows the least amount of gas into the gun. That is why I thought it was really good that it worked on that setting with Winchester Universal Wally World crap

Thanks

Jason

The reduced power spring is for use with only 2 3/4 shells correct?

Correct....It is for use with only 2 3/4 shells. I am only going to use it with cheap bird shop. I will swap out to the factory spring if I am going to shoot heavy 2 3/4 buck or slug or 3" Mag

As for the other post what I meant to say was that I had the plug on the setting which allows the least amount of gas into the gun. That is why I thought it was really good that it worked on that setting with Winchester Universal Wally World crap.

I'm no guru, but I don't think the gun being able to cycle the cheapest, weakest shells on the most restrictive gas setting is a good thing. I'm wondering if the reduced power spring isn't unnecessary in your gun. I don't think you should be able to cycle the weakest loads on the most restrictive gas setting. I suspect it would cycle just fine on a more open setting with the regular spring installed. That might allow you to swap between bird, buck and slug with a twist of a knob, like the system was designed to do, instead of having to go in and change a spring when you wanted to change ammo. Just my 2/100ths.

As for the other post what I meant to say was that I had the plug on the setting which allows the least amount of gas into the gun. That is why I thought it was really good that it worked on that setting with Winchester Universal Wally World crap.

I'm no guru, but I don't think the gun being able to cycle the cheapest, weakest shells on the most restrictive gas setting is a good thing. I'm wondering if the reduced power spring isn't unnecessary in your gun. I don't think you should be able to cycle the weakest loads on the most restrictive gas setting. I suspect it would cycle just fine on a more open setting with the regular spring installed. That might allow you to swap between bird, buck and slug with a twist of a knob, like the system was designed to do, instead of having to go in and change a spring when you wanted to change ammo. Just my 2/100ths.

You're no Guru, but you are correct ;)

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.