New Poly-Choke Breachers

Corbin, I though about that after PA's post, lol. Seems this would make for a great ALL AROUND gun. OK, on the wish list. Gotta get the truck paid off first. :unsure:

I thought it was illegal to modify your Saiga with something on the front end that isn't all spiky and looks like it came out of a SAW movie?

I mean, isn't that the point of these forums? To take the single scariest-ever firearms concept to liberals (a 12-gauge AK-47! I mean, that's like Mecha-Reagan! Or CheneyNugent!), and add every spiky, scary, laser-y, tacticool thing we can to them to make them look even scarier?

Right? I'm in the right place, right?

:zorro:

I know I don't come around much, and my Saiga is still in "Dork" configuation in my safe, but I'm taking a renewed interest and doing a lot of reading. I think that poly choke without the slots would be perfect for me. It's got the spiky, but it's also not too long. Long barrels are less scary, and I want no part of that. :drevil:

I thought it was illegal to modify your Saiga with something on the front end that isn't all spiky and looks like it came out of a SAW movie?

Clearly you've seen my safe, a Chaos Porkypine and Tromix Sharkbreak ;)

I miss my full choke gun because I primarily shoot birdshot since its much cheaper than buck, so the choke makes a difference with me.

• 7 months later...

They now have a flash hider version. Soaking the slotted portion in paint thinner always works great for me. No scrubbing needed!

Thanx for the tip! If/when I get a flash hider/brake I'll know what to use.

If people don't like the slots because they get crud in them, but they like the breaching points, how about something like this? Granted, this was just a 10 minute photoshop job and not very clean/professional:

poly.jpg

I'd buy it!

Iirc, an article from The Box O' Truth( http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot44_2.htm ), demonstrated that there is no significant advantage to a choke versus no choke. Are you guys really getting so much out of the choke to make it worth it.

That asked, It is a nice looking attachment.

There might not be a difference shooting buckshot through a choke but what kind of numb nuts would shoot buck shot through a full choke ? If anything it would spread the pattern. Perhaps if he had tried some ammo that you would expect to need a choke with like #7 bird shot he would have seen a major improvement. Chokes are for bird shot and using one will mean the difference between bringing home a grouse or turkey and not bringing home the same.

The patterns look much tighter with the full choke to me... Even the dixie tri-ball load gets better patterns with a full choke.

The thing I noticed in the pictures is that the shot pattern is much more narrow but it strings vertically about the same. In any case, the biggest difference with chokes wasn't demonstrated, he needs to move out to 50 yards to show what a full choke does vs a cylinder bore.

If people don't like the slots because they get crud in them, but they like the breaching points, how about something like this? Granted, this was just a 10 minute photoshop job and not very clean/professional:

poly.jpg

I am waiting for that myself.