Homemade Bullet Guide

• 1 month later...

I am also curious, does anyone know ALL of the dimensions? All I could find was the length of the guide at .765".

Having the width of the guide as well as the depth of the guide before AND under the barrel would be nice. I can't

believe I can't find all of the detailed measurements of a flat bullet guide, in one place, anywhere on the interwebs.

Edited by destroy the machine

I didn't want to be a dick and ask him how to make a product he sells (seeing as he probably doesn't list the dimensions on his site for the sole reason of losing business to DIYers). If you don't think it would be a dick move, I may ask and post the dimensions here

As I read your earlier posts I was wondering to myself why you wouldn't just buy one. Considering they are actually quite cheap it is much easier than making one. One thing that is a little more expensive is threading the barrel. Found 14x1 LH dies on Ebay for $8 + s/h from China. Much better than the $30+ rental fee or $60+ cost of buying in the states.

• Like 1

There is also a liability thing to consider about giving info about modifying a weapon. If you have access to a machine shop and are able to make a guide yourself you should be able to determine the sizes needed,I did for mine and haven't had any loading problems. It's like converting, you can do it yourself or pay to have it done and money isn't always part of the concern. It took a little time and a few adjustments, but it was fun working on my own weapon. Same as mounting my muzzle brake,I didn't thread my barrel to mount mine.

Edited by ekim
  • Like 1

After doing lots of home work DTM, I went with the Dinzag kit as I have heard of alot of people having issues. Best 20 bucks I spent in a while.

As I read your earlier posts I was wondering to myself why you wouldn't just buy one. Considering they are actually quite cheap it is much easier than making one. One thing that is a little more expensive is threading the barrel. Found 14x1 LH dies on Ebay for $8 + s/h from China. Much better than the $30+ rental fee or $60+ cost of buying in the states.

There is also a liability thing to consider about giving info about modifying a weapon. If you have access to a machine shop and are able to make a guide yourself you should be able to determine the sizes needed,I did for mine and haven't had any loading problems. It's like converting, you can do it yourself or pay to have it done and money isn't always part of the concern. It took a little time and a few adjustments, but it was fun working on my own weapon. Same as mounting my muzzle brake,I didn't thread my barrel to mount mine.

tl:dr= Wanted to have the dimensions before fabing it up and saving at least some time. I appreciate your opinions/advice comrades!

I agree with you Myetball, butI would honestly like to make one myself. However, like knowing how far apart to place electrical sockets I was hoping to get some specs before having to correct mistakes (or having to start from scratch again). I completely understand what you're saying ekim, and that's why I have the disclaimer. Although, the disclaimer wouldn't hold up in court, it's not anything remotely close to asking; how to disable a magazine safety, or how to install a full auto sear lol. Buying one isn't a concern for me because I planned to weld it on; wouldn't the pre-drilled and countersunk hole be lost on me? Yes TDA, I agree that it is competitively priced and much easier than making one, but I think it would be cool to have a resource available that'll make life a little easier for people who want to build it themselves.

Edited by destroy the machine

Aight with all due respect. Why not just measure it yourself. If you have the means to fab on, you SHOULD have the means to measure it.

Honestly, it beats the hell out of bumping a dieing thread over and over and over.....and over ......and over

and over again.

I don't have any calipers, otherwise I would. I don't see why someone can't just post up the measurements instead of posting comments that do anything but answer the question being asked. Maybe this forum isn't the place to ask questions about saiga rifles despite the very name of this site.

I don't have any calipers, otherwise I would. I don't see why someone can't just post up the measurements instead of posting comments that do anything but answer the question being asked. Maybe this forum isn't the place to ask questions about saiga rifles despite the very name of this site.

maybe no one has the answer. Maybe the person just hasnt read it yet. But senseless bumping daily of a thread has hasnt begun to make it off the first page is not accomplishing anything. Also many here have made their own bullet guides. Maybe exact measurements are not needed.

You do have a point in that statement. Only if you want to make your saiga look like an actual ak or converted to 922r compliance is it deemed to be a valid question. As far as sizes, if you don't have the tools to measure, how do you plan on making a part to fit. Try having the person whom will actually make the part get sizes, there is only 4 sizes you actually need if your going to weld it in place, which isn't a good idea IMO anyhow.