On the verge of conversion.

Well, after being lazy for a few months, I'm gonna crack down and get the parts for my conversion.

So far I've got the following:

-TimberSmith Wood-Stock Black Laminate set (Which I want to know, does this come with the pg nut, or will that be an extra part to order?)

-Ak-47 gas tube

-Angled trigger guard

-Tromix trigger group with shepherd's crook

-Lower handguard bracket

Anything I'm missing? I've already got a bullet guide from dinzag to throw in, just been lazy.

Looking forward to doing business with the folks at CSS, heard nothing but good things.

I'd be grabbing the pg nut and screw combo.. Timbersmith does not include any hardware for it.

Also grab a Retainer Plate for $7-8 and save the headache with the wire.. IMHO..

Black Hole Plugs 6pk.. $1.xx

You may want to polish the FCG contact points abit before you install the FCG.. make it smooth is all.

Make sure you check the hammer spring so it don't jump into the FCG when your done.. bend it a hair in the mid section..

Hope this helps.

Albert

• Like 1

Loctite? and it's in the PROMOTIONS DISCOUNTS & COUPON CODES on the home page

I found it, thanks ranger. I was looking in all the wrong places. Just placed my order, super excited to begin the process, hehe.

Let us know how the turn around is on your order and how many days it takes until received. Considering ordering some things from them as well.

As anyone is going to tell you Greg at Carolina Shooters Supply has the fastest shipping ever. I've ordered late Friday and received my order Monday and I pay standard shipping. Greg is and awesome owner and will take the time to answer any and all your questions. If or when you order from him I promise you will not be disappointed.

Edited by Rangerguy
  • Like 1

Let us know how the turn around is on your order and how many days it takes until received. Considering ordering some things from them as well.

As anyone is going to tell you Greg at Carolina Shooters Supply has the fastest shipping ever. I've ordered late Friday and received my order Monday and I pay standard shipping. Greg is and awesome owner and will take the time to answer any and all your questions. If or when you order from him I promise you will not be disappointed.

What Ranger said. I've heard nothing but excellent things about CSS, which is why I went with them in the first place.

Well, got the old assembly completely off, just primed and painted the bare metal with rustoleum. Waiting for it to dry. The first portion of the restoration took maybe 25-35 minutes. Not very difficult at all. Don't have a vice currently or a mill, so I used a regular power drill, block of wood, and cobalt bits. Took it nice and easy and it was done in no time.