I have an older Tromix converted Saiga 12 that I want to add a manual bolt hold open device to. Can someone tell me where I can find one? I've searched and googled without luck. Are any board sponsors making these?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-368/Saiga-12-BHO-Bolt/Detail

You can preorder an LRBHO from Cadiz Gun Works now. You can send in your gun now and have Tom install and return shipping for $170 or buy the kit and DIY for $55. Should be between 60-90 for delivery for the kit. They are still waiting on the patent paperwork to be completed.

Thanks for the help guys. It's good to know my options. I don't know what to decide. I had Tom do some work on my Saiga 308 in the past and was very pleased.

But the CSS manual BHO is way more affordable compared to the other pending options from Cobra and Tom. Is it decent or is it a POS? Does anyone have experience with it?

But the CSS manual BHO is way more affordable compared to the other pending options from Cobra and Tom. Is it decent or is it a POS? Does anyone have experience with it?

It's not a "CSS manual BHO", it's a take-off or repro of the factory BHO, which is only present to bump up the "importation points" the shotgun has.

It's badly designed, as most any politically-required doodad is.

Most of us throw the SOBs away when we convert, because if you do keep it around, it just gets in the way and/or will tear up your hand.

P.S. "Does anyone have experience with it?" You're kidding right? They are part and parcel of every Saiga imported.

Edited by nalioth

Ya know, I've been thinking.

If Tony Rumore doesn't think the BHO needs to be on a Saiga, why are you second-guessing him?

Could be that it was an older gun that didn't have one, ie EAA 22" full choke gun. I'm not sure how much Tony would of used guns like that for his conversions though.

The early ones that I worked on, did not come with manual BHO's. I installed a bunch of Warfield Armory's BHO's at the time and later made my own which was just a copy of WA's after they quit making them. Unfortunately, the design requires a special spring to work with it. I still have plenty of the levers in the stock, but I am out of the springs and there is not enough demand to make another run of them.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

This website was started on the BHO before there were any, and they mysteriously showed up in factory guns soon after. Try contacting Makc, he may have a couple extras still laying around.....he shows them on his e-store, but out of stock...