I tend to like the campaign modes myself though they certainly aren't the depth of Assassins Creed or Uncharted series games I do still enjoy them. Dan did you do the delete fix and if so what do you think of it. I am not sure myself I did it last night then spent almost 30 minutes trying to get into a game it kept putting me in lobbies that were always waiting for more players to balance teams. Then I finally get into one and asked you to join and we played IIRC just 2 games then we got booted amd I just gave up at that point and went back to combat training heck I can get my butt handed to me there just as easily if I select Veteran or even just hardened sometimes. I really don't want ot give up on this game but I'm getting pretty ticked off. I will say the games I did get to play seemed to be much smoother though or maybe that was just a placebo effect. I did also read that there is another patch coming next Monday V 1.05 hope it fixes more issues and theygt it in the right data slot. The V 1.04 went into Game save data instead of Game utility data and supposedly that was the reason we were all having so many issues Tuesday night and that's the reason for the delete fix you need to delete the game save data for BO's and then the Game utility data for BO's then reload it all as it prompts you to when you start up the game again. For me the jury is still out as to whether this works or not I can understand what they're saying that if you still have a problems with matches disconnecting it's because you're playing with a host that hasn't done the delete fix yet.

Edited by theDuke
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no idea why so many gamers bitch that shooting games are unrealistic. The first person shooter genre was born from games that were absolutely nowhere near realistic (or even trying to be, for t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouf9RyA33A     Check out Kobe with the noob-tube and Kimmel with the RPG.

Posted Images

I did it before I signed in last night. (Both the delete/re-download install thing, and the router firmware update) But I still have a "Moderate" NAT Type. So I have no idea if it worked or not. Like you said, most games seemed to run a bit smoother, but maybe I'm just imagining it because I had just done those "fixes".

I just still can't believe there's this many problems with a game. I didn't get MW2 on launch. It was actually quite awhile after it was released, when it went on sale for like $40. So I'm not sure if it had similar problems or what, but it seems crazy for a game to have so many problems.

That being said.....when it's running right, I freaking love it.

Well mine froze up on me twice again tonight so I took it out of the PS3 as I've had enough. Mine says Open NAT but I'm having a hard time joining lobbies and when I finally get into one it usually only last a couple games then wham it freezes or boots me. I think I'm going to try MW2 for awhile til they get some more of these bugs worked out as i read that the PS3 freezing up while playing is not too good for the Blue Ray player that's why so many guys are so pissed at Treyarch for dragging their heels getting these issues addressed and fixed.

Edited by theDuke

Well I gave it another shot and guess what it worked pretty darn well for the first time in awhile. I wasn't having any lag issues except when a Naplam strike hit or Rolling Thunder dropped it's payload. I got into matches pretty quickly and though there were host migrations it came back to the same game all but once and it still didn't freeze up. My son however couldn't join up with me and Dan as his PS3 now says he has a Strict NAT when he was open before so I'm not sure what's going on there. I know there are instructions on how to change it but you really shouldn't have to and alot of guys are reporting even after changing it that it goes back to strict or if they had strict showing and do a shut down then restart it goes back to open so I believe it's all on Treyarchs' end. It was nice to finally have some respectable games again not dealing with lag makes a big difference for this old fart I had several games over 2.00 KDR and a few over 4.00 and just a couple under 1.00.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with it. I did both "fixes" and my NAT is still Moderate (sometimes, Strict). I'm not going to mess with the router ports and all that.

Had something really weird happen the other day. I was playing CTF on Radiation and I saw an enemy motion sensor. I go to knife it, and it doesn't do anything. Then I go to shoot it and all I get is hitmarkers, but I couldn't destroy it. But the weird thing is....it was then that I noticed that the "scans" from the motion sensor were showing up on my minimap :unsure: . It was definitely coming from that one, because it was right dead center of the scans on the map. I've never used the Motion Sensor, and I don't have Hacker Pro......so I have no idea how it was showing on my minimap, or why I couldn't destroy it.

I just Prestiged again. Already got my 15 flag caps for Marathon Pro, still working on the First Bloods and miles ran. Still also going for Ghost Pro. Got the "kill 20 enemies while they have a spyplane up" done, and am close to shooting down 30 killstreaks. I saw an enemy drop a Sentry gun, but I couldn't get to it :angry: .

Hey, if you guys like to run any SMG classes.....I HIGHLY recommend the Spectre. I had been using it on my last Prestige as soon as I unlocked it, up until I Prestiged again, and that thing is better than the AK74u, for me at least.

There's definitely some weird stuff going on as yesterday my son and I were playing and I got killed and was spectating him except it said his clan tag was [poop] his is really 7.62 and it showed him as a level 44 of the 3rd prestige but he hasn't prestiged even once yet. Come to find out it wasn't him at all someone took his spot somehow. I had the same exact thing happen today I got killed and some guy took my spot he was running around as me and even using my mic somehow he kept saying Lead_poisoned, Lead_Poisoned, heck I guess I'm Lead_Poisoned now he had my class even which was probably not too good for him as I had just prestiged again and had just the default classes. I can't even begin to understand how someone else can be you on this game and even have access to your mic. I can't even post on COD BO's website in the forums section to let them know what's going on as all I get there now is everytime I log in it takes me back to the log in screen. I couldn't access the theater mode before or my profile for editing and typed up a message telling them that now I can't do anything there but read the post. So even their website is crap. Dan my son's NAT keeps going from open to strict he just shuts it down and restarts until it comes back open. I have been reading alot about this issue and it has nothing to do with your router as I understand it, it's all on Treyarchs end.

There's definitely some weird stuff going on as yesterday my son and I were playing and I got killed and was spectating him except it said his clan tag was [poop] his is really 7.62 and it showed him as a level 44 of the 3rd prestige but he hasn't prestiged even once yet. Come to find out it wasn't him at all someone took his spot somehow. I had the same exact thing happen today I got killed and some guy took my spot he was running around as me and even using my mic somehow he kept saying Lead_poisoned, Lead_Poisoned, heck I guess I'm Lead_Poisoned now he had my class even which was probably not too good for him as I had just prestiged again and had just the default classes. I can't even begin to understand how someone else can be you on this game and even have access to your mic. I can't even post on COD BO's website in the forums section to let them know what's going on as all I get there now is everytime I log in it takes me back to the log in screen. I couldn't access the theater mode before or my profile for editing and typed up a message telling them that now I can't do anything there but read the post. So even their website is crap. Dan my son's NAT keeps going from open to strict he just shuts it down and restarts until it comes back open. I have been reading alot about this issue and it has nothing to do with your router as I understand it, it's all on Treyarchs end.

Yeah, lots of weird stuff. In MW2, when you spectated someone in the game modes with a delayed respawn (except Hardcore modes), it showed their perks on the side of the screen. In BO, when you spectate, it shows the perk list of whoever killed you, no matter how many teammates you switch to while spectating. Or I'll get a Round Winning Kill-Cam in S&D or something, and it will show someone elses Player Card at the bottom, like they got the kill (although according to the scoreboard, I still got the kill)

Speaking of Player Cards....I actually saw a 15th Prestige player, and the 15th Prestige Player Card is animated, it looks pretty cool. Thing is though, he only had like 9 days of playing time. Which is crazy, because I'm a decent player, and it takes me pretty much 1 day of playing time exactly, to Prestige. His win/loss ratio was over 3 and his K/D was also over 3. He's either a really good player, or he's boosting somehow. Even the guys at Machinima (you've probably seen their videos on YouTube. They do multiplayer gameplay commentaries on a bunch of games, including CoD games) took I think 17 days of playing time to get 15th Prestige. They had rotating shifts of employees playing for pretty much 24 hours straight since release, lol.

One of my friends plays black ops and mw2, in mw2 he can prestige in one night! usually his kill/death in one game is about 60 kills to 10 deaths. in black ops its about the same or higher. thing is he mostly quick scopes. And we play demolition, in which i find it easier to get more points.

Edited by Marrok

One of my friends plays black ops and mw2, in mw2 he can prestige in one night! usually his kill/death in one game is about 60 kills to 10 deaths. in black ops its about the same or higher. thing is he mostly quick scopes. And we play demolition, in which i find it easier to get more points.

Damn, hitting Prestige in 1 night in MW2??? That's crazy. IIRC, it took me 3 days of playing time, on average to go from 1-70 in MW2. I like S&D for my big XP games. But it's hit or miss, since you don't respawn. Some games I'll go 0-4, and the next I'll go 15-2.

Damn, Gene! You were tearing it up on that S&D match on Array tonight! That's how you rush-plant the bomb. There weren't even any kills yet, and I'd hear "The bomb has been planted!" :lolol: . Nice job, bro.

Thanks bro I kind of had to though as the other guys just ran right past it everytime I guess I didn't mind too much as I needed some plants but problem was I got killed almost everytime trying to get away from the objective. I went and bought Flak jacket for a perk so I can withstand more explosion damage so the next time maybe I'll get some kills in also. Man this NAT issue is ticking me off now my son's says moderate and mine keeps going from moderate to strict when it has been open the whole time. I was going to invite you for some S&D tonight but I figured we'd just have problems connecting as my son was playing also hope they get this fixed soon.

I have stepped aside from Black Ops for a bit until they fix some stuff. Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the Vietnam expansion is where it's at.

I'll have to give it a try though lately BO's is running smoother they just did another patch today version 1.05 though I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. But I'm looking for something different so I might throw BFBC2 in for awhile.

That's how my brother is, but i doubt he ever dies more than 5 times in a match. It just disgusts me. 022.gif

do you guys play on PS3 or 360?

I have stepped aside from Black Ops for a bit until they fix some stuff. Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the Vietnam expansion is where it's at.

I'll have to give it a try though lately BO's is running smoother they just did another patch today version 1.05 though I'm not sure what it's supposed to do. But I'm looking for something different so I might throw BFBC2 in for awhile.

I can only concentrate on 1 game at a time, lol. Im going for 15th Prestige. Only 10 more to go, lol.

superhawk, duke and myself are on PS3. Not sure about the others.

Gotcha. I'm on 360 and we've been having trouble with the NAT too, but we can usually all get in a game lobby together after a few tries. Sometimes its harder than others, and sometimes we have to try different people hosting the party before it works. I have one friend who has to host a party in order to get in. He can't connect if someone else is party leader.... seems like a stupid problem to have. With all the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars they've made on this game, you'd think they could get the servers straightened out!

360. my gamertag is Marrok657 if you wanna send a request or somethin

superhawk, duke and myself are on PS3. Not sure about the others.

Gotcha. I'm on 360 and we've been having trouble with the NAT too, but we can usually all get in a game lobby together after a few tries. Sometimes its harder than others, and sometimes we have to try different people hosting the party before it works. I have one friend who has to host a party in order to get in. He can't connect if someone else is party leader.... seems like a stupid problem to have. With all the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars they've made on this game, you'd think they could get the servers straightened out!

Yeah, same on PS3. There's been a few times that one person who was hosting a party would send out invites, but not everyone could join. Then when someone else hosted, everyone could join.

I agree, money shouldn't even be an issue, as far as fixing the problems. They have plenty of it, I'm sure.

So Duke, have you DL'ed the new patch yet? I didn't even know 1.05 was even out yet. I'll have to try it tonight and see if any changes are noticeable. One thing that's pissing me off is the Mute feature in lobby. At first, it was there. Then it disappeared with the 1.04 patch, then it suddenly came back, and last time I played, it was gone again. They better have brought it back. I pretty much Mute everyone on the spot, unless I know them, or if I haven't muted them already and I notice their calling out helpful stuff. Otherwise, straight to mute. Not having the Mute option in lobby is retarded. You're forced to listen to whatever people want to say, or their horrible music.

• Like 1

360. my gamertag is Marrok657 if you wanna send a request or somethin

Yeah man, I'll send you a FR. My GT is cronin937. I won't be on for a few days though - I'm visiting the inlaws this week...ugghh

Dan if your in a lobby and you want to mute other players just access your friends then press right on the directional pad and it brings up the most current players then go back to lobby and you should be able to mute them. I know it's a pain but it does work that's what I have resorted to until they get it sorted out. Yeah I did the patch but really didn't play much multiplayer today I played mostly Combat training as I needed the option to just lay down the controller if I had to as I am getting the poop chute scope tomorrow morning, it's a usual thing for me as I have crohn's disease. Man i hate the prep though 10 oz. of citrate of Magnesia at 12:30 pm then 5 oz. at 4:00pm then 4 Ducolax tabs at 6:00pm then 5 oz. of the citrate of Magnesia again at 8:00pm all while drinking at least 8oz. of water every hour. Couldn't risk my online play with that going on.

Dan if your in a lobby and you want to mute other players just access your friends then press right on the directional pad and it brings up the most current players then go back to lobby and you should be able to mute them. I know it's a pain but it does work that's what I have resorted to until they get it sorted out. Yeah I did the patch but really didn't play much multiplayer today I played mostly Combat training as I needed the option to just lay down the controller if I had to as I am getting the poop chute scope tomorrow morning, it's a usual thing for me as I have crohn's disease. Man i hate the prep though 10 oz. of citrate of Magnesia at 12:30 pm then 5 oz. at 4:00pm then 4 Ducolax tabs at 6:00pm then 5 oz. of the citrate of Magnesia again at 8:00pm all while drinking at least 8oz. of water every hour. Couldn't risk my online play with that going on.

Thankfully, they brought the Mute-in-lobby feature back, I see. Got a few games in tonight. I didn't seem to experience as many dropped games. Actually, I can't remember any games being dropped.

Good luck with the testing tomorrow, bro.

Good games last night guys we went 10 in a row before we ran into that hofFa703 guy I still think he had aimbot though. "You take my life and I'll take your's to, you fire musket but I'll run you thru, so while we're waiting for the next attack better CHARGE there's no turning back. The BUGLE sounds the CHARGE begins but on this battlefield no one wins, the smell of musket smoke and Horses breath will lead us all to certain death." Thought this was fitting for the revelee last night :haha:.

Edited by theDuke

Good games last night guys we went 10 in a row before we ran into that hofFa703 guy I still think he had aimbot though. "You take my life and I'll take your's to, you fire musket but I'll run you thru, so while we're waiting for the next attack better CHARGE there's no turning back. The BUGLE sounds the CHARGE begins but on this battlefield no one wins, the smell of musket smoke and Horses breath will lead us all to certain death." Thought this was fitting for the revelee last night :haha:.

Nice maiden reference.

I was laughing at the bugle sound :lolol: . Another thing I laughed at was when your son called you "Lead", and you said "You can call me Dad". :lolol:

During our unstoppable win streak, in a game where I went like 31-7, some guy from the other team messaged me and said "Who's the leader of your clan?". I just said "i dunno, no one, really". I think he wanted to join up, since we were dominating, lol. I'm not sure if you noticed, Duke, on Hanoi.....I had the flag and semtexed myself in front of you, so you could take it. But I think you died shortly after, since it got returned somehow. I already had my 15 caps after just a few games with you guys, because I had like 6 or 7 before you guys got on. I killed myself with the flag, in front of BMXer too. I think he capped it after that. I got the 15 flag caps, and 10 First Bloods for Marathon Pro. Just need to run like 6 more miles. Same with Ghost. I got 2 of the requirements; Kill 20 enemies when they have a spyplane up and destroy 30 enemy killstreaks. Just need to find a damn Sentry again. Someone put one up on Grid, near their flag. But they were guarding it pretty good, and I couldn't get to it.

Anyways, good games, fellas.

Awesome games last night. The "Charge" bugle seemed to work for us most of the games. That was the quickest I went into CTF and needing 12 more captures for Marathon Pro. I don't know what exactly happened our streak went to shit when that hofFa703 and his guys got into our lobby. Numerous times I watched kill cam and he starts fire before I round the corner by then he's already lit me up and can't fire back. It was also good to have another forum member join us and play last night Bigcec1 stopped in with his new X-mas gift. KJ, when are you gonna get a mic so we can relay info and tactics two ways.

Fun games might be on later.

Awesome games last night. The "Charge" bugle seemed to work for us most of the games. That was the quickest I went into CTF and needing 12 more captures for Marathon Pro. I don't know what exactly happened our streak went to shit when that hofFa703 and his guys got into our lobby. Numerous times I watched kill cam and he starts fire before I round the corner by then he's already lit me up and can't fire back. It was also good to have another forum member join us and play last night Bigcec1 stopped in with his new X-mas gift. KJ, when are you gonna get a mic so we can relay info and tactics two ways.

Fun games might be on later.

Yeah, that hoffa guy seemed sketchy. The kill-cams looked like the kill-cams in Combat Training, with how fast he locked on and stayed locked onto you.

Good to see Bigcec back. I haven't seen him since him and you schooled me in MW2, lol. I'm gonna try to talk my buddy into giving me his headset/mic. He rarely plays PS3 at all anymore, and I know it just sits there collecting dust.

I watched one of his games last night (Summit) that we played (hofFa703's) and in one instance he just started firing as he was running past a building and his sight was trained on the wall of the building and he got a kill from shooting through a wall. Now you could not see anyone as he wasn't close to an opening at all it was right beside the building. He was running along and all the sudden his AK74U pulls up and just starts firing at the wall he kept on running but his whole rifle and body twisted about 105* tracking it's target which you could not see but he got the kill even though he wasn't equipped with Hardened either. You never see the victim just the kill show up in the left bottom corner. Superhawk what's your buddies name Kage, Gage, or Kade is what it sounds like you're saying but not sure. Also what do you want to be called? First names are easier but if you don't want it on the net I understand heck I don't even know your real name though either. Yeah Dan it's kind of weird to hear my kid call me Lead he has said "Dad I mean Lead" before a bunch of times so I just told him you can call me Dad. If you guys all noticed as soon as someone said something about aimbot that hofFa guy left the lobby maybe an indication of his guilt? I know I'm not real good but to have him tear us all up like he did firing at you before you could even see him around a corner was real suspicious in my opinion.