Just wanted to say thanks for serving on the front line that begins when I leave the threshold of my own home!!!

Thanks for all you guys do! God Bless!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OATdsE1vqw

I was pleasantly reminded that there are still some pretty Cool Characters out there who are Police. I had 2 interactions in 2 weeks a month ago! I haven't been pulled over in at least 15 years or so. Both interactions left me with no tickets or bad feelings. Both interactions could have resulted in some fines for sure. The first was getting pulled for not using my hand signals one out of the 5 turns I made while the police were following me (unknown to me) late at night. Seemed the Sheriff was fishing for drunks. Could still have given me a couple tickets, but he was a super nice man with a great attitude.

Second time I was in a borrowed truck who's registration was 7 months expired (unknown to me) Got pulled for that. I had been drinking that day but had not had a drink for a couple of hours before driving. Felt totally good to go, with the last interaction still making me paranoid. The officer smelled alcohol and had me take his roadside tests. I passed them all perfectly, so he said he felt I was not impaired. He said he felt he could not send me on my way without knowing my BAC and said he had no further interest in pursuing the DUI matter but wanted me to take the Breathalyzer to see if I should call for a ride. The limit is.08 and I blew a .11 and he actually let me call for a ride.

I have not driven at all if I have even had 1 beer since then. I figure if I don't honor his trust that I would learn from it, then why should a cop ever give a guy a break??

I am also now The designated driver of my group of friends.

Kindness does work. I have a better respect for the actual "people" behind the badge.

post-16191-057189400 1281720663_thumb.jpg

I've been pulled over for speeding in big bend national park after one too many of the nectar of the gods. Yes I was arrested and spent the night in jail. My jeep was towed over 200 miles and it cost a small fortune to get the hell out of there but in retrospect I think the LEO did me a huge favor-I've never driven even slightly buzzed since!

Had a run in with Johnny Law here in Lubbock, TX while running around town trying to get shit in order after my Dad died.

I was speeding and got nailed, no denial, no trying for a sympathy play.

City Police Sergeant was very polite and down to earth, he didn't blink a eye on my CCW and concealed firearm, ideal encounter.

There are more good than bad... I pray there are... I know my Dad was a good one.

Just wanted to say thanks for serving on the front line that begins when I leave the threshold of my own home!!!

Thanks for all you guys do! God Bless!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OATdsE1vqw

All LEOs, no matter who or where, all begin with a desire to protect and serve. I believe they come for a desire to make America safer and better than the worst of us would have it be. They stay for the cool cars, the flashing lights, and all the hot babes. They don't ever leave, but far too many are taken from us in the name of pointless ignorance.