Myself and a buddy of mine went today to see it, and I thought it was pretty good typical action blow stuff up crazy gun skills lots of martial arts you know just the kind of things most men like. Arnold and Bruce have very small cameo appearances but besides Randy Couture, both big and little NOG (the Noguiera brothers) have small parts in the film but you have to look close for them. The weapons look to be PS90,F2000,M4's and the AA-12 as well as lots of AK's. It's guy recommended but when my wife got home she asked who went to the movie today and I said " I did I went and saw The Expendables" she said "that's the one with all the big action stars? I wanted to see that!" I said "I'll go again". Can't pass up a good action flick ya know.

Myself and a buddy of mine went today to see it, and I thought it was pretty good typical action blow stuff up crazy gun skills lots of martial arts you know just the kind of things most men like. Arnold and Bruce have very small cameo appearances but besides Randy Couture, both big and little NOG (the Noguiera brothers) have small parts in the film but you have to look close for them. The weapons look to be PS90,F2000,M4's and the AA-12 as well as lots of AK's. It's guy recommended but when my wife got home she asked who went to the movie today and I said " I did I went and saw The Expendables" she said "that's the one with all the big action stars? I wanted to see that!" I said "I'll go again". Can't pass up a good action flick ya know.

I'm trying to convince the girlfriend to go with me. Hell I'll go by myself if it comes to it.

Okay...

Is it just me, or do we need some more believable action stars?

I mean shit. Sly's face looks like he wears dentures.

How old is the guy? Isn't he pushing 70?

Bruce Willis is what? Like 60 something?

Arnie is looking like a melted candle.

I'll see the movie, but damn, after seeing the last Rambo I gotta wonder if these guys are gonna be running around with walkers & nurse-aids while "saving the world"

No offence to you older dogs that identified with Clint Eastwood in Grand Terino, but come on.

• Like 1

Okay...

Is it just me, or do we need some more believable action stars?

I mean shit. Sly's face looks like he wears dentures.

How old is the guy? Isn't he pushing 70?

Bruce Willis is what? Like 60 something?

Arnie is looking like a melted candle.

I'll see the movie, but damn, after seeing the last Rambo I gotta wonder if these guys are gonna be running around with walkers & nurse-aids while "saving the world"

No offence to you older dogs that identified with Clint Eastwood in Grand Terino, but come on.

Say what you want, but Matthew Mcconaughey was a absoute badass in "Reign of Fire".

reign+of+fire.jpg

He would be a awesome action movie guy if he would leave those shitty romantic comedies behind... :rolleyes:

Edited by Jpanzer

Well Arnie and Dolph Lundgren in my opinion looked the oldest. Yes Sly is getting up there in age but you gotta admit the guy is in remarkable shape and I don't think he looks his age. The youngest guy had to be Jason Statham the rest of them are all between 40-70 yrs old. Still it was pure macho entertainment. I do agree Matthew McConaughey would make an excellent action star if he would go that route. Alittle off topic but anybody see him in the movie "Frailty"? I liked Matt Damon in all the Jason Bourne movies but I thought the Green "whatever it was can't recall the name as I wasn't impressed at all" sucked.

I thought Terry Crews and his AA12 stole the show! President Nacho Camacho blew up some serious shit in this movie!

I missed seeing the Rock and Vin Diesel as part of the new generation of action guys. I guess they are too busy doing Disney comedies.

Dwayne Johnson is a very good action star so is Vin Diesel. Yeah the AA-12 segment was pretty funny just wish we'd start seeing the S-12 in some movies. My wife want's to go see it so I'll be going again you know how you always seem to pick out some stuff you missed the second time you see something.

I was going to see it....but i'll wait till it comes out on dvd. one thing that urked me about it was the knife throwing, I throw knives alot and do it "sorta" by the books. The hollywood throwing style of holding the knife by the very tip and it rotating 5000000 times in 3 feet gets to me everytime. Other than that i agree with everyone, the older actors do look like an old turd on a bad stretch of road, but hey their all awesome (cept for stone cold, never liked em in any movie).

@Paulyski, Jpanzer, and Duke: I'd say Mark Wahlberg did a pretty damn good job in Shooter.

On the other hand, an action movie super-cast that I'd like to have seen:

4sarahconnor.jpgellenripley.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah Mark Wahlberg did a good job in Shooter and also in Max Payne.

The only movie that was better because it had three nipples was Total Recall!

One movie has one thing no other movie really did. Doom first person scene. I know the movie didnt do the games any justice (cept for pinkie) and the cyber demon wasnt in it, but I thought Karl Urban did a damn good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpb13mDBP1I&feature=search

Yeah Karl Urban is another good action type star so is Viggo Mortensen. So get Viggo Mortensen, Karl Urban, Mark Wahlberg, Matthew McConaughey, Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel, Terry Crews, Jet Li and Jason Statham all together for a good action flick.

Just got back from seeing it, Fun Movie.

On the way out there was this huge display in the theater. One of those life size cutouts of all the main characters.

Well Terry Crews may have had an AA-12 in the movie but on this poster he was holding what looked like a racer style S12.

Mid barrel compensator and rusky style choke. The rest of the gun was behind another character but I swear it was an S12.

Anybody else see this in theater display?

Edit to add pic.

post-15138-032221600 1282502889_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaveM