fireing issue not fireing second round

Ok so I have a saiga 7.62x39, no conversion bone stock minus a rail for optics, so whats happening is that it won't fire the second round and the trigger is lose, as if it were a pistol the hammer wasn't pulled back.

(So when I pull the slide to fire the first round it fires and ejects the round and the next round is in the chamber and it won't fire and the trigger is lose, but if I eject the round the next round fires, each time I pull the slid it fires, its acting like a bolt action lol) I hope this is a understandable description. What is my issue with the gun, I've cleaned it, but maybe not good enough????, any ideas on how to fix my issue.

Can you take a picture of the inside of your receiver?

It sounds like something is incorrectly installed. The hammer is not resetting, so I would look first at the disconnector and disconnector spring.

Just a wild guess, I think the hammer is not being caught by the disconnector when it flies back at full speed from firing. This will cause the hammer to follow the bolt carrier back up.

Can you take a picture of the inside of your receiver?

It sounds like something is incorrectly installed. The hammer is not resetting, so I would look first at the disconnector and disconnector spring.

Just a wild guess, I think the hammer is not being caught by the disconnector when it flies back at full speed from firing. This will cause the hammer to follow the bolt carrier back up.

Ya this sounds right cause the trigger is lose like the hammer wasn't set back down, were is the disconnector and disconecter spring? I'll take a pic and post it soon

Ok so I have a saiga 7.62x39, no conversion bone stock minus a rail for optics, so whats happening is that it won't fire the second round and the trigger is lose, as if it were a pistol the hammer wasn't pulled back.

(So when I pull the slide to fire the first round it fires and ejects the round and the next round is in the chamber and it won't fire and the trigger is lose, but if I eject the round the next round fires, each time I pull the slid it fires, its acting like a bolt action lol) I hope this is a understandable description. What is my issue with the gun, I've cleaned it, but maybe not good enough????, any ideas on how to fix my issue.

Does anything inside your saiga appear different than in this picture?

When you say minus a rail are you refering to the optics mounting track on the left side of the rifle that should be there from the factory but is not on yours?

jrxlxk.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

I was referring to my utg rail. It looks the same as yours but my hammer looks a little beat up (a little rounded), I moved the slid with the cover off, and watched and it was making contact with the hammer and it reseated, after the dry fire, I did notice that when I pull back the slid the second time the firing pin was wasn't sticking out, so I pulled it back again and it was sticking out again, so every other pull the pin sticks out, it sounds like what I was saying before that second round doesn't fire, but my trigger is lose, so its releasing the hammer anyway,(don't know a guess, but maybe it needs a round to have the firing pin to stick out) I hope you know what I am saying. sorry crappy camera.

102_0759.jpg[/img]102_0762.jpg102_0766.jpg

Edited by ksbimmer

I was referring to my utg rail, it looks the same but my hammer looks a little beat up (flat), sorry crappy camera.

I can't tell from your picture if your retainer wire somehow came off the hammer pin or the trigger pin on the left internal side.

This would be an easy fix by readjusting it. Perhaps a well lit close up picture of yours might show more.

I was referring to my utg rail, it looks the same but my hammer looks a little beat up (flat), sorry crappy camera.

I can't tell from your picture if your retainer wire somehow came off the hammer pin or the trigger pin on the left internal side.

This would be an easy fix by readjusting it. Perhaps a well lit close up picture of yours might show more.

photo.jpg[/img] I tried my phone

The firing pin won't matter, it's a free-floating design. When there's a round in it, it will be in place. Try this, with the topcover off, hold the trigger down and work the action. Does the hammer stay back or does it come back up? It should be staying back. If it is not, I would say it is probably a problem with the disconnector or disconnector spring.

The disconnector is the part in the middle of this picture, yours won't look exactly like it but close enough to identify.

d_1145.jpg

It is the part that is supposed to catch the hammer when the trigger is back. Releasing the trigger will then drop the hammer into the "hook" on the trigger. With a factory trigger in a Saiga, you've got some extra linkage, but just from what you're saying it's doing, I would look here first. In the picture you can see a hole in the bottom side of the disconnector, there is a spring that goes into that hole (not pictured) and it will force the disconnector forward. This is the most likely problem in my opinion.

Try moving the disconnector with your finger, does it spring back into the forward position?

The firing pin won't matter, it's a free-floating design. When there's a round in it, it will be in place. Try this, with the topcover off, hold the trigger down and work the action. Does the hammer stay back or does it come back up? It should be staying back. If it is not, I would say it is probably a problem with the disconnector or disconnector spring.

The disconnector is the part in the middle of this picture, yours won't look exactly like it but close enough to identify.

d_1145.jpg

It is the part that is supposed to catch the hammer when the trigger is back. Releasing the trigger will then drop the hammer into the "hook" on the trigger. With a factory trigger in a Saiga, you've got some extra linkage, but just from what you're saying it's doing, I would look here first. In the picture you can see a hole in the bottom side of the disconnector, there is a spring that goes into that hole (not pictured) and it will force the disconnector forward. This is the most likely problem in my opinion.

Try moving the disconnector with your finger, does it spring back into the forward position?

Tried this and yes the hammer stays back with the trigger pulled, the disconnector holds the hammer from going up, I released the trigger and the disconnesctor still holds the hammer not the hook,if I push on the hammer and released the the trigger and disconnector let go of the hammer and the hook was holding it. I moved the disconnector with my finger and it does spring back under tension from the spring.

This is pissing me off, the rifle isn't old at all, haven't even had it for more then half a year, I have about about 800rds through it, worked fine fore the first 5 visits to the range and not even cleaned, then went out again cleaned it and took it out again and no problem, now it not working. Thanks L5K what do you think it is? Do you think I have to clean it better (maybe there is gunk or debris in side were the disconnector is)??? Save me a trip to the gunsmith.

Edited by ksbimmer

This is pissing me off, the rifle isn't old at all, haven't even had it for more then half a year, I have about about 800rds through it, worked fine fore the first 5 visits to the range and not even cleaned, then went out again cleaned it and took it out again and no problem, now it not working. Thanks L5K what do you think it is? Do you think I have to clean it better (maybe there is gunk or debris in side were the disconnector is)??? Save me a trip to the gunsmith.

You dont need to take it to the gun smith.

See this is not how Mr. Kalashnikov wanted this rifle to be. I have seen this before. I have this strange feeling that if you restore this rifle to its proper state it will function fine for you, as all of ours do.

From looking at your pics it is in its factory import state. This baby wants to live FREE!!! let her fly.

Before you say what many of us have said in the past.... Im not mechanically inclined, or I dont have the tools. Ask what is on your mind. We will help you make this rifle function flawlessly. I promise.

You could probably wait for some one to find the problem or clean it better, polish the parts...whatever the case. But im sure restoring this rifle will do wonders.

If you are short on cash ramen noodle arent that bad :angel: or you know many of us might have a few parts laying around. :smoke:

What do you think? Have questions? We have answers.

Okay, so the disconnector is catching the hammer, but when you let off the trigger it SHOULD release the hammer to be caught by the hook on the front of the trigger mechanism. Something is definitely wrong in this regard. I would take out the hammer and disconnector and see what the mating surface between the two looks like. The disconnector should definitely NOT be holding the hammer once you let the trigger go. Perhaps you have some debris underneath one of the "legs" on the back of the trigger mechanism where the hammer spring pushes it down?

Best bet for now would be to remove them, check for debris, and reinstall. If the problem persists I would try replacing the hammer, disconnector and disconnector spring. You could just buy a G2 trigger group and use the parts from it to do this, although they do not come with the spring as far as I know.

thanks chevyman097, love the comments, I was tempted to do the conversion when I bought it, L5K I'll try cleaning it up hitting it with a good cleaner and compressed air and if it doesn't work, I'll order the G2 and maybe just do the conversion from there!!!!! How does that sound chevyman lol!!!!!

thanks chevyman097, love the comments, I was tempted to do the conversion when I bought it, L5K I'll try cleaning it up hitting it with a good cleaner and compressed air and if it doesn't work, I'll order the G2 and maybe just do the conversion from there!!!!! How does that sound chevyman lol!!!!!

I too agree with him that a conversion would probably eliminate this problem. Not to mention the trigger will feel much better when it does work properly.

Lol no prob. Again I hope you get it worked out, let us know. Not trying to sound like you SHOULD do this or what. I just want to make suggestions that might help you along. Whatever you choose I hope it turns out great. :super:

Any luck with it yet?

I said hell with it and shot it with my 30-06 at the range, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't touch it and just ordered the whole conversion kit from carolinashootssupply.com!!!!!!!!!! I went with the G2, T6 collapsible stock, saw pistol grip and rounded trigger guard (black), it was $131, wish me luck putting it together, I should get it soon maybe saturday or monday, I'll post pics when I am done.

Any luck with it yet?

I said hell with it and shot it with my 30-06 at the range, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't touch it and just ordered the whole conversion kit from carolinashootssupply.com!!!!!!!!!! I went with the G2, T6 collapsible stock, saw pistol grip and rounded trigger guard (black), it was $131, wish me luck putting it together, I should get it soon maybe saturday or monday, I'll post pics when I am done.

Im betting you wont be disappointing. Let us know if you have any questions along the way! :super:

Edit: and btw, good choice on CSS I bet you will have the parts before you can check the mailbox! they rock!

Edited by Chevyman097

Any luck with it yet?

Im betting you wont be disappointing. Let us know if you have any questions along the way! :super:

Edit: and btw, good choice on CSS I bet you will have the parts before you can check the mailbox! they rock!

The only problem I have right now is removing the rivets (what a b***h to remove the trigger guard, damn rivets), I have a stupid cordless dremal and I should have charged it before hand so I could have used it today, I am impatient right now cause I want it done lol. But ya awesome job by css, I ordered it tuesday late night and got it 3 days later, the fastest ever order I have gotten online.

Any luck with it yet?

The only problem I have right now is removing the rivets (what a b***h to remove the trigger guard, damn rivets), I have a stupid cordless dremal and I should have charged it before hand so I could have used it today, I am impatient right now cause I want it done lol. But ya awesome job by css, I ordered it tuesday late night and got it 3 days later, the fastest ever order I have gotten online.

Ya those damn rivets are well made to say the least! Once you get them shaved down flush with the reviever they should knock out easily though you might have to charge that thing a few time! lol

All done!!!!

Before 102_0781.jpg

102_0784.jpg

After 102_0795.jpg

(Tapco G2, saw pistol grip, tapco t6 collapsible stock, and tapco intrafuse hand guard, UTG rail, ncstar scope)A thanks goes out to CSS for the conversion parts and chevyman for getting me back into the idea of a conversion lol. Any more ideas for it???? And I ordered a upper for a AR today a new project, waiting for the zombies to rise!!!!!!! Going to the shooting range tomorrow hope it works good!!!!

Edited by ksbimmer