Hello S12 Club

Just wanted to finally take the time out and say thank you to all those who have put their S12's/time/money into the mods/fixes that I have read on this forum. I recently purchased a 19" S12 myself and have already cycled quite a few shotshells through this bad boy. There is a ton of knowledge here and great work to everyone who has posted a DIY!!!!

Thanks again and I can't wait to mod my S12 (already purchased tapco stock/saw grip/tri rails/UTG side scope mount/Tasco red dot/Aluminum foregrip).

Also wanted to state one last thing.....

STAY AWAY FROM WINCHESTER LIGHT LOAD #8 SHOTSHELLS LIKE IT IS THE PLAGUE... 4 shotshells cycled all the way through out of 200 rounds.... Picked up some Remington Sluggers and Federal High Brass (1300 FPS) and everything cycled with 0 issues on gas setting one...

Quick video of my using the saiga 12 with drum mag from promag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccHXBgLI1Q

Just wanted to finally take the time out and say thank you to all those who have put their S12's/time/money into the mods/fixes that I have read on this forum. I recently purchased a 19" S12 myself and have already cycled quite a few shotshells through this bad boy. There is a ton of knowledge here and great work to everyone who has posted a DIY!!!!

Thanks again and I can't wait to mod my S12 (already purchased tapco stock/saw grip/tri rails/UTG side scope mount/Tasco red dot/Aluminum foregrip).

STAY AWAY FROM WINCHESTER LIGHT LOAD #8 SHOTSHELLS LIKE IT IS THE PLAGUE... 4 shotshells cycled all the way through out of 200 rounds.... Picked up some Remington Sluggers and Federal High Brass (1300 FPS) and everything cycled with 0 issues on gas setting one...

Welcome to the forum...I won't bother asking if you are compliant with 922r with that big drum of ammo...I am sure you have read and already know the rules and have it handled...looks like you are gonna really enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum...I won't bother asking if you are compliant with 922r with that big drum of ammo...I am sure you have read and already know the rules and have it handled...looks like you are gonna really enjoy it.

You would be correct sir. I have read and am aware of the compliance law. In this video I do have the necessary parts :) All is good.

Thanks everyone!

I did have a general question though pertaining to the gas puck after usage. The last time I went out and fired off some slugs/hi brass I ended up accumulating a lot of lead (maybe powder) on the puck itself. Maybe a couple centimeters thick just caked onto the puck itself. Is this normal with saiga 12s or could I be looking at a new puck in the near future?

I did have a general question though pertaining to the gas puck after usage. The last time I went out and fired off some slugs/hi brass I ended up accumulating a lot of lead (maybe powder) on the puck itself. Maybe a couple centimeters thick just caked onto the puck itself. Is this normal with saiga 12s or could I be looking at a new puck in the near future?

A couple centimeters? I hope you meant to say millimeters. Knock it off and throw it back in there. BTW that weapon can run that crappy ass ammo, but it takes work. I made mine like it :smoke:

Welcome aboard.... I have a buddy that rocks like that before he shoots. You are the only other person I have seen do that. Looks like you were having fun.

A couple centimeters? I hope you meant to say millimeters. Knock it off and throw it back in there. BTW that weapon can run that crappy ass ammo, but it takes work. I made mine like it :smoke:

Welcome aboard.... I have a buddy that rocks like that before he shoots. You are the only other person I have seen do that. Looks like you were having fun.

Centimeters would be worrisome... lol. Yes I meant millimeters, apologies. I'm cool with it as long as it is normal. Shooting my S12 is a blast, buddy that is actually recording has a saiga 308 which is also great fun as well.