i put about 700 rounds out of my factory unmodified saiga and now when i shoot one round the trigger fails to reset but when i cycle the action manually the trigger resets normally. how can i fix it? thanks in advance.

I heard the factory trigger SUCKS so convert it.. Unless you have a converted one already and just want a plain unmodified one.

Edited by chosenasaiga
... how can i fix it?

Convert it :super:

Lol. If it is not a trigger problem, then maybe there's gas bleeding off somewhere and it's short-cycling the bolt? You didn't poke any holes in the gas tube somehow, did 'ya? I know they aren't very thick but it would still take some force to puncture them...

... how can i fix it?

Convert it :super:

Lol. If it is not a trigger problem, then maybe there's gas bleeding off somewhere and it's short-cycling the bolt? You didn't poke any holes in the gas tube somehow, did 'ya? I know they aren't very thick but it would still take some force to puncture them...

no the bolt cycles perfectly its just the trigger doesn't reset after the first round is fired

My bro-in-laws did that alot when NEW.. I took it apart and carefully inspected it.. took some emory paper to some spots I could reach.. and then LUBED the hell out of it.. Its works WAY better now for him.. I did some light dremel polishing to the bolt underneath also to remove the factory blemishes/rough finish..

I offered to convert his for just parts cost but he's being cheap'o..

...maybe there's gas bleeding off somewhere and it's short-cycling the bolt? You didn't poke any holes in the gas tube somehow, did 'ya? I know they aren't very thick but it would still take some force to puncture them...

It wouldn't make any difference if he did. The gas tube is more of a guide for the piston than anything. The gas block is where the impetus to cycle the rifle is gained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hcuVyTcITQ

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Is your bolt rotating in the groove properly? Often that area gets dirt/gunk and does not allow the bolt to twist into position to properly contact the hammer. You clean it lately?

the problem is that after the first shot the trigger stays to the rear and it does not release the hammer when i press it

Sounds like a linkage problem. Unconverted Saigas have a link between the trigger and the sear/disconnector block that trips the sear and provides spring tension for the trigger. Maybe the link slipped under the trigger.

damn if that's the case i have to take apart the trigger assembly right? but why does it work fine when i manually rack the bolt and press the trigger without any rounds?

Edited by MDK

just buy the g2 system. its a lot nicer, its not that expensive, and simple to put in. problem solved.

i dont have the tools or the time to do it i will probly take it to a gunsmith

Only a few hours and simple hand tools are required, but if you don't have those available, you should take it to a 'smith and have the conversion restoration work done. Your rifle will be far more reliable and well-balanced afterward.

Sounds like a linkage problem. Unconverted Saigas have a link between the trigger and the sear/disconnector block that trips the sear and provides spring tension for the trigger. Maybe the link slipped under the trigger.

damn if that's the case i have to take apart the trigger assembly right? but why does it work fine when i manually rack the bolt and press the trigger without any rounds?

Because when the trigger is reset during use, you still hold down the trigger in the fire position.

When you manually do it, I suspect you are not holding down the trigger with your finger and thus the hammer gets caught the front hook and not the semi-auto disconnector.

When you use the rifle to fire, the semi-auto disconnector grabs the hammer and some portion of the linkage gets in the way of the trigger resetting when you release the trigger.

Of course, this advice is completely wrong if you were holding the trigger down while hand cycling the action.

If that were the case, then I don't know what the problem could be.

Because when the trigger is reset during use, you still hold down the trigger in the fire position.

When you manually do it, I suspect you are not holding down the trigger with your finger and thus the hammer gets caught the front hook and not the semi-auto disconnector.

When you use the rifle to fire, the semi-auto disconnector grabs the hammer and some portion of the linkage gets in the way of the trigger resetting when you release the trigger.

Of course, this advice is completely wrong if you were holding the trigger down while hand cycling the action.

If that were the case, then I don't know what the problem could be.

yes i was holding down the trigger as i manually cycled the bolt

just buy the g2 system. its a lot nicer, its not that expensive, and simple to put in. problem solved.

i dont have the tools or the time to do it i will probly take it to a gunsmith

Only a few hours and simple hand tools are required, but if you don't have those available, you should take it to a 'smith and have the conversion restoration work done. Your rifle will be far more reliable and well-balanced afterward.

for real dude, it cant be easier. a dremel or grinder or file, power drill.....yeah thats really about it. shouldnt take longer than an hour if you dont want a full conversion with hi caps or anything...my opinion its worth it to fix your problem...its not going to fix itself. but it is, once again, my opinion.

I'll bet the hammer spring is jumping off.

There are 2 bent down spring ends that sit in a little pocket.

as per your problem, one usually pops up a little, bending it with a pair of needle nose pliers will get it back into place,....and stay there. if that doesn't work, send it in for warranty work.

as per your problem, one usually pops up a little, bending it with a pair of needle nose pliers will get it back into place,....and stay there. if that doesn't work, send it in for warranty work.

can u show me a picture of what your describing?

can u show me a picture of what your describing?

thats what i originally thought, but figured it was something more complicated. but he has a point.

my camera isnt in the room right now, but when you pop the dust cover off, remove you bolt and such like you are field stripping, look at the area where your trigger is located inside the receiver. there is a coiled up spring with 2 arms sticking off it. kind of like a "lool" shape when you look at it. he's saying one of the arms of the spring is popping off where it is supposed to rest. bend it downwards with some pliers. hopefully someone will come along with a picture if you still dont know what were talking about.