Out of the box-Won't cycle.

Okay, I can get the paper clip in all three holes But I feel that one hole MAY be partially covered... Do you all's think I should try to put the federal through it or just call Cadiz right away?

You need to make sure that you actually have a problem before you call Cadiz...

Run some high power loads through it...

You need to make sure that you actually have a problem before you call Cadiz...

Run some high power loads through it...

I forget is that setting 1 or two? Also can you shoot slugs through a full choke?

Setting 1 is for high brass, I THINK (I use a V-plug so I'm not too sure), and NO, DON'T DO IT!!!

I would save some $$ and get at least 100 rounds of 00 Buck or even slugs (2 3/4" will do fine). Buy a little at a time if $$ are tight. Once you have them, go out and shoot the S12 on setting 1. The S12 has to be broken in. Mine is a 3 port but all are clear. I would suggest if one of the 3 on yours is blocked, send it in. Don't give up, it's a great weapon. Lots of great guys on here who know all about this shotty. They have helped me a lot and are great to talk to. Before you know it, you will be knee deep in mags and drums. :big_smile:

Oh, and welcome to the wonderful madness that is the S12. :victory:

Edited by RABIDFOX50

WOW!!!

I took out the S12 today with 10 buck shot, 20 3", and about 10 2-3/4 inch.

I used the turkey and buck first on setting 1 the buck ejected most of the time but only few a foot or so... the turkey flew 10-15ft away (when ejected). The 2-3/4 shells did okay-I switched to setting 2 at one full turn away from the receiver) I will be getting more ammo at next check- Will update what is going on...

... A few HUNDRED rounds of 00Buck is a little out of my price range... But if that is the case then I will most likely be attempting to contact RAA and see if they will accept a return (If they do I know i'll lose money on it but what ever.) How do I measure the gas holes???

If you want to skip a bunch of work, since you've fired a lot, contact Cadiz.

As for measuring the holes, try this thread; http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51183

You can reduce friction in this manner... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=50571&view=findpost&p=493296

But be careful with the bolt & carrier if you're uncertain about your abilities.

Rich- Check out this thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=55377

eric outline some of his remedy methods to fix similar issues. Good thread and he took the time to put some good picts.

Im new to the S12 but not to AKs. I think S12 will become one of if not my favorite after the convert is complete. Good luck!

I wouldn't recommend overgassing your gun like he did. We have more & more split carriers due to overgassing popping up lately.

As for the rest of the thread, go for it if you don't wanna go to Cadiz.

Good luck. :up:

Mine was as disappointing as yours, now it runs great with 3 ports @ .093 & polished internals.

Also...

MAKE SURE YOU'RE TESTING WITH YOUR RUSSIAN 5 ROUND MAG!!!

There are other variables with US mags, & you need to focus on the gun first.

Edited by Paulyski