New TWS dogleg rail/ dust cover replacement

Hey so I haven't seen any posts about this so I figured that I would ask the question. Has everyone heard that the new TWS Dogleg rail that replaces the dust cover is out? They are taking orders on their website for the beta testing phase. I was early enough to be one of the testers so I figured i'd let everyone else know in case they want to jump on the bandwagon. Also for being a Beta Tester you get $25 off the price plus you get to add a custom engraving up to 30 characters on the left side. Here is the info they gave me via email...

Brian,

Thank you for your order and participation. We look forward to your feedback. The Beta batch of orders will be shipped in (3) three weeks. Once orders are shipped, tracking emails will be sent.

Will your rail be engraved (refer to the Beta Offer Info below)? Please let me know. I'll send Paypal invoice after I hear back from you.

If you should have any questions, please let us know. Thank you,

The Offer:

Dog Leg™ rail ________________$139.99

Rear Peep sight _______________$39.99

**Custom engraving, $40 value______$0.00

Beta Test discount__________ ____$25.00

A $219.98 value for TOTAL $154.98

**A free optional personalized message engraved on the left side of cover, up to 30 characters including letters, spacing, and punctuation. Sorry no images, only text. Use your name, weapon type, special message, semper fi, etc…..

-Beta Test orders require a 50% deposit with order.

-Customers electing the free custom engraving option require full pre-payment with order

Good luck!!

PS I am also going to post this in the rifle section

Edited by chaseface

Looks cool but two problems for S12 owners. One is that the cover doesn't look like it's cut enough to accomodate a 12 gauge ejection port, secondly you'd need to have a modded reciever with an FSB to attach to. Looks cool though! Who's gonna be the first to make it work!

Rob

Rifle only for now.

TWS already stated in another forum that they'll be working on a Saiga-12 version some time after the new year.

You guys should ask around on what we had on our full auto saiga-12 at the pumpkin shoot this past weekend... We are gearing up production now. The aluminum cover might be alright for the rifles but I wouldn't want it for a 12ga for a few different reasons... And a simple bolt on version for the 12ga is going to be a big problem for them as well... Won't be long and everyone will have a hinged, railed, dustcover on their 12ga if they want it... I also know of another company that is releasing a hinged cover for the AK rifles. It has a steel cover and a one peice rail and will be cheaper in cost than the TWS gen II... This new design is also getting ready to go to Iraq and Afganistain... Not sure on their patent stuff but from what they said they have an earlier file date than TWS's pat pending. Not sure if the pat apps are the same claims or not... They might not be infringing on each other, I don't know. But to tell you guys the truth... We have found that even with a secured, trued, hinged cover that the sheet meatal receivers just aren't accurate. And the barrels in the truinions have a lot of negative zero qualities as well. As long as you stay under around 300 yards you will be good I'm sure, but trust me that you aren't going to turn your AK into a sniper rifle... The repeatable accurace is just not something a sheet metal receiver AK with a little short trunion is going to provide. These set ups are very nice for short range though and for center body mass shots.

• Like 1

That sounds pretty sweet!

I want a full length top rail to extend sigh radius and allow cowitness but there really isnt anything available that offers this.:cryss: I already have a chaos extended rail but i wish it came all the way back and attached at the rear tang or something similar.

Could you make it a 2 piece deal with the rail attached by screws so i can cut it and make it line up with the Chaos rail? Just for me?;)

These set ups are very nice for short range though and for center body mass shots.

oh snap. Zombies require head shots. this is a problem. Then again the saiga and VEPR ak are not for long range. I still need something in .308 for that. What might be much simpler is just a small picatinny rail that connects to the leaf-site mount. I just need enough room for a super small red dot.